Votes: 3 3.5%

Votes: 6 7.0%

Votes: 19 22.1%

Votes: 12 14.0%
  • 6+

Votes: 43 50.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't see how the bumping player onus extends to head clashes.

Because it was used too often as an”excuse” by players who’d been reported. The AFL in their wisdom decided that if you elect to bump and there is a head clash it’s still on you as the initiator of the bump.

Because it was used too often as an”excuse” by players who’d been reported. The AFL in their wisdom decided that if you elect to bump and there is a head clash it’s still on you as the initiator of the bump.

I'm all for tightening rules to protect the head. But suspending a player for a head clash is laughable.

Last edited:
Abby “How is Luke after the ban is he ok?”

Hes ok Abby. He’s a highly paid footy player who’s spending some time on the sidelines.

The guy who plays for a standalone VFL team who had his face mashed in is struggling, however.

Odd thing to be triggered over

lol gotta love some of the swans supporters

Peter Wright "get the pitchforks"

Luke Parker " it's just so unjust!"

at least a few of their supporters are in here showing some signs of brain activity.

Very surprised we are even bothering but maybe getting it from 6 down to 5 or whatever no way are we getting off

it's a bad look IMO

he put a part time footballer in hospital with severe facial injuries, the bloke can't even go to his actual job meanwhile Parker is probably having a little sook behind the scenes that he doesn't get to play VFL for 6 weeks, whilst getting paid to be suspended.

Swans should have told him to gagf and deal with the mess he caused. Wright accepted his punishment. Parker (whose was considerably worse) should accept his also.

Hope they give him an extra 2 for being a dimwit.

Last edited:
it's a bad look IMO

he put a part time footballer in hospital with severe facial injuries, the bloke can't even go to his actual job meanwhile Parker is probably having a little sook behind the scenes that he doesn't get to play VFL for 6 weeks, whilst getting paid to be suspended.

Swans should have told him to gagf and deal with the mess he caused. Wright accepted his punishment. Parker (whose was considerably worse) should accept his also.

Hope they give him an extra 2 for being a dimwit.

I said i expected 5-7 so I wasn’t fussed he got 6, I love Luke but he made a very poor decision. Take the 6 move on.

Its a fair outcome just hope the Frankstown player does not have long term effects.

Parker regardless of his intention put himself in that position in a VFL game a 283 gamer should know better.

Lets hope he is ok but he should seriously give the game away. He had no onfield awareness at all. He seriously looked like he was skipping across a cloud.

Lets hope he is ok but he should seriously give the game away. He had no onfield awareness at all. He seriously looked like he was skipping across a cloud.
Wow.

I dont know if you are serious or baiting for replies but a Carpenter playing VFL footy wins the ball and offloads it to a team mate who is then cleaned up by an AFL player who chose to ignore the actual footy and run past the contest with total intent to bump after the fact is somewhat to blame for all this??

**** me this place is deluded sometimes. Parker needs 10 weeks and should also compensate this bloke who is unable to work his normal daytime job now on the tools from 7am till 5pm to make a living for his family while Parker still gets his 800 odd thousand a season for not even playing a game.

Yeah seems fair to me while you degrade the victim.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow.

I dont know if you are serious or baiting for replies but a Carpenter playing VFL footy wins the ball and offloads it to a team mate who is then cleaned up by an AFL player who chose to ignore the actual footy and run past the contest with total intent to bump after the fact is somewhat to blame for all this??

heck me this place is deluded sometimes. Parker needs 10 weeks and should also compensate this bloke who is unable to work his normal daytime job now on the tools from 7am till 5pm to make a living for his family while Parker still gets his 800 odd thousand a season for not even playing a game.

Yeah seems fair to me while you degrade the victim.

I didn't say he was to blame for it you numpty, that he had no awareness meant he went down like bunch of feathers. If he had of had some awareness he would of braced for contact.

And spare me your poor old carpenter story, mate blame the AFL then for allowing semi pro players to compete with fully pro players. Maybe the AFL should compensate him as they allow this to happen.

I didn't say he was to blame for it you numpty, that he had no awareness meant he went down like bunch of feathers. If he had of had some awareness he would of braced for contact.

And spare me your poor old carpenter story, mate blame the AFL then for allowing semi pro players to compete with fully pro players. Maybe the AFL should compensate him as they allow this to happen.
Oh so i am the numpty now??

Saying he has no awareness is virtually saying he is to blame for it when Parker chose to run the past the initial contest and clean up a guy who wasn’t exactly expecting to be shirt fronted.

But i guess your 4 games in under 10s in WA in 1996 makes you a better judge from first hand experience alone. 🤦‍♀️🫣🤪

In a case like this, and not pointing fingers at all as have thought this in the past with other cases, how good would it be for the player or club involved to come out and say the will be helping with" any hospital and medical bills or helping with recovery sessions etc as a result of the injury.
"It was an unintentional accident and we are upset with the severity of the injuries. We have the resources to help injured player so we will be reaching out to see if and how we can assist"

Rather than just the usual, yes I didn't mean it, I'm really remorseful, I'm going to be missing x amount of games (while still getting a pretty good pay cheque mind you)

May of already happened and they just keep it in house I don't know.

Oh so i am the numpty now??

Saying he has no awareness is virtually saying he is to blame for it when Parker chose to run the past the initial contest and clean up a guy who wasn’t exactly expecting to be shirt fronted.

But i guess your 4 games in under 10s in WA in 1996 makes you a better judge from first hand experience alone. 🤦‍♀️🫣🤪

Stop making stuff up, Parker didn't run anywhere all he did was stand in his pathway and bump him. Unfortunately for the Carpenter heads clashed and we are where we are. No one i think feels Parker shouldn't cop a penalty as he has. I just think a player with awareness may not of ended up in the situation this guy has.

And stop flattering me, my under 10's footy was in the 70's. Was Coaching in the 90's.

In a case like this, and not pointing fingers at all as have thought this in the past with other cases, how good would it be for the player or club involved to come out and say the will be helping with" any hospital and medical bills or helping with recovery sessions etc as a result of the injury.
"It was an unintentional accident and we are upset with the severity of the injuries. We have the resources to help injured player so we will be reaching out to see if and how we can assist"

Rather than just the usual, yes I didn't mean it, I'm really remorseful, I'm going to be missing x amount of games (while still getting a pretty good pay cheque mind you)

May of already happened and they just keep it in house I don't know.

Why don't the AFL do that? They are the ones that allow fully pro players to compete with amatuers.

They are pretty flush too.
Anyone from the AFL side of the fence.
Rather than just show verbal remorse maybe actually help out a bit.

But until you make black and white laws saying that bumping, tackling, , shepherding etc are illegal in the sport then unfortunately these are still accidental contacts and outcomes. Why should the club pay because of an accident?
The AFL are trying to make players learn to be perfect when maybe they should simply make these things totally illegal and it will then stop.
Won't the game be nice then to watch?

Stop making stuff up, Parker didn't run anywhere all he did was stand in his pathway and bump him. Unfortunately for the Carpenter heads clashed and we are where we are. No one i think feels Parker shouldn't cop a penalty as he has. I just think a player with awareness may not of ended up in the situation this guy has.

And stop flattering me, my under 10's footy was in the 70's. Was Coaching in the 90's.
I wouldn't be questioning the awareness of someone good enough to play VFL seniors from behind my computer screen. Terrible take by you.

Back