Coach Patch is back

Remove this Banner Ad

What I like about he said (and it's something we were really surprised we didn't see often under Noble) was that he wants the boys to be moving the ball quickly, play with some instinctive movement, and place some pressure on opposition backline. Music to my ears!

I'm not expecting us to be perfect, but I can take losing by taking the game on and playing exciting football. Playing boring, defensive and predictable football and losing by 60+ was painful to watch.

What I like about he said (and it's something we were really surprised we didn't see often under Noble) was that he wants the boys to be moving the ball quickly, play with some instinctive movement, and place some pressure on opposition backline. Music to my ears!

I'm not expecting us to be perfect, but I can take losing by taking the game on and playing exciting football. Playing boring, defensive and predictable football and losing by 60+ was painful to watch.
Yeah. I liked that too.

Here We Go Again GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Patch shows enough that he's worth keeping on as coach we need someone like Williams, even Lyons and I'd say Roos but he's kicking back on a beach somewhere, as director of coaching. So Patch can coach and have a good mentor backing him up. Choco might be perfect for that.
I don't care what Clarkson or Lyon or whoever is selected to coach may demand, our non-negotiable should be Leigh Adams is the senior assistant. His love and passion for the club is affectious and his relationship with the players is second to none.

A total knobhead like Lyon doesn’t deserve this side.

We just need a smart coach who gets what the club is about.
Its a good point, great to see one of own in the seat even if its just for a few weeks......there are 3 former shinboners in coaching ranks that are premiership coaches,,,,,one who is currently unemployed!!!

Well I'm glad we got him in as interim coach!

That first half of footy was so good to watch. I would love him as an assistant or in some senior coaching capacity with some guidance from an experienced operator (Chocco, Clarko whatever).

He knows the list well, knows which positions are suited to which, it would be stupid if we put him aside and didn't let him have some influence during training.

In all honesty, it doesn't feel like Shaw 2.0 at all... something feels different...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back