2nds Peel Thunder 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Bewley looks a definite for the Sydney game..at least he has upside....why they didn't play him in front of place of Collier.

So mamy of our boys look sluggish. Shockers from North, Crowden, Dixon ,Logue so far.

Bewley looks a definite for the Sydney game..at least he has upside....why they didn't play him in front of place of Collier.

So mamy of our boys look sluggish. Shockers from North, Crowden, Dixon ,Logue so fat

Bewley looks a fair weather player to me. Fine day and get him in plenty of space and he looks great, otherwise, not so good.

My take on it:

Bewley and Banfield the best - Bewley was mainly accurate with his kicking, Banfield tried hard. Crowden was probably next best mid and tried hard and was clean enough.

Dixon looked slow early, but he tried hard throughout (mainly as a ruck) and was probably the best tall for Peel. Jones is out injured hence there was a Peel debutant who he was teamed with.

Sturt was very quiet for the first three quarters. Shultz was busy but inaccurate.

Logue did a good tackle in the last quarter but was pretty bad for the rest.

Carter was solid and did some good things; wouldn't mind him as a replacement for Hughes.

Bewley one of the only ones who can hold his head up as it has been woeful really. Valente is threatening at stoppages and getting some ball but his lack of spread/speed is worrying. Most of the others have been poor/invisible.
Glad you mentioned Valente, I think if he can stay fit, play out the year & get a good preseason under his belt, he will be a great asset next year around the ball with improved endurance & the ability to stay involved for longer.

I preferred Schulz's game to Bewley's. Good pace and kicked his goals. Banfield tried hard but made a lot of mistakes. Overall, we looked like a second tier Freo. Same system, same problems, same result.
Feel like Schulz will play that Banfield/Crowden/Cerra role they’ve been stuck with up forward better. He has natural instincts and knows how to lead etc

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Feel like Schulz will play that Banfield/Crowden/Cerra role they’ve been stuck with up forward better. He has natural instincts and knows how to lead etc
Would like to see him work on his snaps for goal, but otherwise I thought he looked good today. He needs a bit of time to pick up the tempo. We can't bring him in for 1 game and then drop him again. He can play up the ground a bit as well, which wouldn't hurt.

Peel getting absolutely pumped by the maggots.
Should’ve been in the back, we get pinged for a throw. Dobson marks holding Logue by the jumper and over the shoulder goal to EP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Great example of a footballer and against a rower, footy smarts and strength
Dobson towelled up Logue all day

Great example of a footballer and against a rower, footy smarts and strength
Dobson towelled up Logue all day

Was thinking the same watching. Just this fat looking slob who made Logue his bitch.
He had a nice snap off the right where he took his time. Some other nice shots.
He had a left foot banana that hit the post which just oozed skill.
Last time I saw someone attempt a left foot banana it cost us a game against Carlton.

Give me a DeBoer or Barlow type everyday over someone who can leap high and row well.

I’m already regretting us reaching for Sturt who only just started taking AFL seriously, think he was into cricket.

Ian Hill debuts today and that one burns deep. A small forward with exquisite skill. Did we need that? My golly we did. Probably would’ve also stopped any rumours of Brad or Stephen wanting to leave.

Not giving up on Sturt he’s young and in a 14 year olds body but I wanted Ian Hill so bad and he was available at 17.

Anyway, I digress.

Was thinking the same watching. Just this fat looking slob who made Logue his bitch.
Last time I saw someone attempt a left foot banana it cost us a game against Carlton.

Give me a DeBoer or Barlow type everyday over someone who can leap high and row well.

I’m already regretting us reaching for Sturt who only just started taking AFL seriously, think he was into cricket.

Ian Hill debuts today and that one burns deep. A small forward with exquisite skill. Did we need that? My golly we did. Probably would’ve also stopped any rumours of Brad or Stephen wanting to leave.

Not giving up on Sturt he’s young and in a 14 year olds body but I wanted Ian Hill so bad and he was available at 17.

Anyway, I digress.

Even though I think Logue will turn out good for us playing next to Pearce and Hamling as the 3rd tall, don’t look at the players available when we picked him haha.

The horrible thought is that we’d be looking at this group for potential immediate replacements for Mundy, Walters, Fyfe, Hill etc should one of them go down with injury or leave.

We’ve got another 2-5 year performance legacy coming up from Lloyd’s drafting howlers.

The horrible thought is that we’d be looking at this group for potential immediate replacements for Mundy, Walters, Fyfe, Hill etc should one of them go down with injury or leave.

We’ve got another 2-5 year performance legacy coming up from Lloyd’s drafting howlers.

Players can turn it around pretty quickly. Look at some of the Carlton and North players who looked vanilla early in the season that are now playing really well.

Right here, along with their(bond as well) list management overall is the single biggest reason this club is ****ed right now and will continue to be until/unless some of our recent draftees (plus new ones) along with recent trades(plus any potential new ones)take a serious step up in performances in the next 1/2 years

Anyway, I digress.
Hill was ruled out on character iirc

Remove this Banner Ad

Back