2nds Peel Thunder 2024 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Erasmus keeps getting into little pockets of space and being the link. You can't fault his game other than that one missed shot from 30m, but with all his dominance it's still a puzzle where he'd fit into our current AFL side.

Ooft Super Cooper will want that one back, took em on at the half back line and got pinged HTB, Swans go down for a easy shot but they missed, ooft for them too

• Erasmus delivery I50 is surprisingly pretty decent, kicking at 83% efficiency today. Great to see his kicking has improved.
  • Brodie has been great today, looks like he has worked on his speed and fitness this season.
  • Wilson is Peel's best forward which is incredible to think about.
  • Simpson and Delean have had minimal impact on the game outside of their goals. They need to improve on this area if they want more chances at the top level.

Given the inside mid minutes are stacked at AFL level, Raz could easily be 1 of the like 4 mids that we shoehorn in btwn fwd and the weird wing role that guys like Banfield and Jaeger play despite not being a wing profile of player (counting Emmett in this coz he looks better with the licence to work up the ground than when he has to be a real fwd).

Otherwise, would like to see him either get more fwd minutes at WAFL level (I've liked signs of the overhead mark game recently, but the fwd craft can get more well rounded) or just go all in on playing him WAFL coz if he plays more than 2/3 of the WAFL season the Sandover Medal is his.

Erasmus having a field day, kicking has been really good, accurate and with penetration.
Simpson and Delean with not much of the ball but both know how to finish with 2.0 and 1.0 respectively from each of their 4 kicks.
Kicking has been fantastic. Really hitting the ball flat instead of his loopy style. Very positive today

Have to say our future is bright. Worner, Davies, and Murphy all look like good backs.
Reidy has elevated himself after not looking too flash in pre season.
Brodie is ready to go should Fyfe not get up for a game.

Simpson and Delean will both be AFL players.

And most important saved for last - Erasmus deserves a shot at a full AFL game. He's a good mark and has worked on his kicking. He wouldn't offer less than Emmett right now. Or drop JOM, play BB wing, and play Ras in Banfield's forward role.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wilson’s kicked 15 goals from 6 games including a 5 goal, 4 goal and 3 goal game.

Were we playing him at the wrong end of the ground for all those years? Lol
His set shots are bloody great, definitely would have got a gig this year if we had played him there, such a weird one, he wouldn't be AFL fit anymore anyway but if we had tried it when he was on the list it might have worked.

You can see a big difference I think between Ras's and the Dow's of the world in that although both rack them up at 2nd level Ras actually defends and keeps running end to end all day to provide an option and keep making contests (which Brodie doesn't btw). Gives you some hope he will yet make it (will need to gain further weight though).

Delean again showed his undoubted talent, I know I've pumped him up big time in earlier games so I'll temper it with my concerns about his pace and lack of production.

Simpson moves like an A grader and he will be one, but I think today's performance at 2nd level shows he's still another pre season away from sustained impact at AFL level.

Davies good. Not moving from my going-to-make-it call yet.

Murphy was also good but I'll get in here with an early call that he moves a bit WAFLy for me.

Worner really good, agility still concerns me.

Wagner really good, lack of core strength really concerns me.

Brodie, good stuff at the stoppage offensively but nowhere near enough of it.

Reidy is so dominant at this level but has no leap, is he tall enough to assert himself against AFL rucks? He's a good problem to have I mean it's not like our reserve ruck is Harry Barrett or something.

Tabs rubbish. Mayas well retire if he can't loosen that back.

Hughes a level above WAFL in everything but composure once in possession.

The Peel contingent has never been better. If Middleton can't come straight back in to that side they're doing well.

You can see a big difference I think between Ras's and the Dow's of the world in that although both rack them up at 2nd level Ras actually defends and keeps running end to end all day to provide an option and keep making contests (which Brodie doesn't btw). Gives you some hope he will yet make it (will need to gain further weight though).

Delean again showed his undoubted talent, I know I've pumped him up big time in earlier games so I'll temper it with my concerns about his pace and lack of production.

Simpson moves like an A grader and he will be one, but I think today's performance at 2nd level shows he's still another pre season away from sustained impact at AFL level.

Davies good. Not moving from my going-to-make-it call yet.

Murphy was also good but I'll get in here with an early call that he moves a bit WAFLy for me.

Worner really good, agility still concerns me.

Wagner really good, lack of core strength really concerns me.

Brodie, good stuff at the stoppage offensively but nowhere near enough of it.

Reidy is so dominant at this level but has no leap, is he tall enough to assert himself against AFL rucks? He's a good problem to have I mean it's not like our reserve ruck is Harry Barrett or something.

Tabs rubbish. Mayas well retire if he can't loosen that back.

Hughes a level above WAFL in everything but composure once in possession.

The Peel contingent has never been better. If Middleton can't come straight back in to that side they're doing well.
Will look light down back if blight gets picked up though

Remove this Banner Ad

Back