Religion Pell Guilty!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The idea that the trial was secretive is bollocks. Some journalists attended every day of it they were just bound not to report on it until the supression order was lifted.

You don't seem to realise that the journalists and public were banned from even hearing the complainants evidence or the cross examination in both trials. (which was given on video, not even in the court).
They were banned from a reading a transcript.

I very much like to know if this is a regular occurrence in court trials these days.

The fact remains in this case there was no corroboration and no forensic evidence - just the sworn say so of one witness given in secret of events 22 years before.

The idea that the trial was secretive is bollocks. Some journalists attended every day of it they were just bound not to report on it until the supression order was lifted.

They were not even allowed into the court, Gough, for the sole eyewitness testimony and cross. .

Last edited:

Then after all the censorship of key aspects of the trial the journalists were banned from even reporting that the trials had taken place and only been able to come to a verdict in the second one.

Yes, 100%.

Whether you think Pell is guilty or not, this crap about not being able to manoeuvre an Alb, Cincture and Chasuble is a poor misdirection.

I was an altar boy and our local priest used to dress and undress that stuff by himself including being able to change the microphone settings in his pocket during mass.

As for the cincture, spare me. I wore one, how does that stop lifting up a garment my unless its tied around your thighs.'

Robes would be much heavier and elaborate for the Archbishop saying Sunday mass at the cathedral surely - compared to parish priest?
Would also be more ritualistic?
Isn't that why there is a Master of Ceremonies who attends the Archbishop from vesting to de vesting?

The higher up the hierarchy the greater the love of dressups - that's my experience of high churches. Very camp.

How easy would be to cut a slit that would be invisible into any those garments?
Funnily enough, I've got a sneaking feeling that those aren't the actual robes worn by Pell as he raped the two boys. The only circumstances under which the robes have any relevance is if they are able to prove categorically that they have available for inspection the robes worn for the rapes, including the many stains thereon.

You would expect it would be required of the prosecution to PROVE that the vestments could not impede the acts alleged.

Remember, there is only one witness against the accused. Only one.
So ******* what? One witness that tells the truth is enough. It is not his fault that the other witness is deceased. Crimes get committed with only one witness all the time. Then is up to the jury to decide whether the witness is telling the truth. In this case the jury believed the witness. Just like the police did and the police prosecutor did. Pell is one of the biggest cowards and liars of all time. I saw him regularly talking to other pedophiles when I attended St.Alipius Christians Brothers School in 1974. He lived with one of the biggest pedophiles next door. We knew then Pell was a piece a s**t, just another dressed up pig who was a total fake. The witness in this case is telling the truth. There is no doubt in my mind.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With respect, Ms Last might alternatively be characterized as a disgruntled former employee with a history of raising dubious claims, eg. at the Vic Inquiry into child sexual abuse, she claimed a barrister, Tim Seccull, had settled 300 survivor claims with the Church. The correct number was 1.

Regarding the article from which you have quoted, the reporting of that particular claim by the Age as another allegation against Pell is patently unfair. The article itself describes "Joe" as "not a strong witness", a very soft way of saying, "he was clearly a bullsh-t artist" (note, I am not suggesting anything about other witnesses, other allegations, just "Joe"). The supposed photos were apparently very amateurish photoshop attempts at putting priests faces onto bodies in sex scenes. Leaving aside everything else, this re-hashing of a clearly bogus claim to add on as a further suspicion around Pell was pretty ordinary IMO.

Thanks bud. This is very scary if The Age has "rehashed a clearly bogus claim to add on as a further suspicion around Pell".

I had wondered myself if litigation lawyers had a financial interest in making bogus claims and making pied piper promises to "witnesses" to provide suitable statements against Pell.

Thanks bud. This is very scary if The Age has "rehashed a clearly bogus claim to add on as a further suspicion around Pell".

I had wondered myself if litigation lawyers had a financial interest in making bogus claims and making pied piper promises to "witnesses" to provide suitable statements against Pell.

Joins bigfooty yesterday.
Immediately heads to the Pell thread on a football forum for his one and only post.

Well that's not suspicious at all!:oops::oops::oops:
Catholic fan bois represent!

As an atheist I don't believe in heaven or hell but would Pell believe that he will go to hell for what he has done?

I hope that helps to ruin the rest of his life on Earth
I can't see how he wouldn't be questioning his faith. If I thought it was my god's willl that I was banged up in a small cell in a Victorian prison for at least the next three years, I'd be searching for an alternative.

I can't see how he wouldn't be questioning his faith. If I thought it was my god's willl that I was banged up in a small cell in a Victorian prison for at least the next three years, I'd be searching for an alternative.

I guess true atheism is stress free

I don't need religion to be a good person nor do a fear death.

He on the other hand has just wasted his life and his belief in eternal afterlife

He on the other hand has just wasted his life and his belief in eternal afterlife
Prison conversions are not uncommon, maybe Pell could embrace Islam, he's no stranger to beards.

Why do you think an atheist would not fear death?

M
I have read that thank you and sorry for whatever may have happened to you. I am certainly not saying that money can adequately compensate a survivor. However, what do you suggest as an alternative?

And just to rebut a few of your points - respectfully, there is no need to prove only financial loss (although that would add to one’s claim - say for loss of earnings due to incapacity). The MR/courts will award compensation based on other considerations/damages. How was the MR all about asset protection when it only added to a survivor’s existing rights at common law? Without doubt it cost the Melbourne Archdiocese more than waiting for legal actions.

As to Pell setting up the MR before and outside of Towards Healing, well that is a matter for bishops to argue over. But the MR came first.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
MR Towards Healing all involved victims signing deeds of release - George knew what was happening overseas he saved the Church Millions - FACT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back