Peoples views on Jon Ralph....

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't suppose you find Jon Ralph and Mick Warner easy to listen to on the Herald Sun footy podcast?

Or Caro on the Age?
Nice try trying to make this Richmond thing. But Ill play ball :

Caro : Cant stand her. But her work , and the way she held her line on the Essendon stuff was magnificent. But she is otherwise unlistenable.

Jon Ralph : You obviously don't read his stuff ( i used to but fk me he is shocking) . He target hardens on tigers . There is a school of thought that he isn't really a tiger supporter.

Michael Warner : Love him. Stands his ground ,doesn't make s**t up , too good for the Herald Sun. The way he held his nerve when baited all year by Jon Anderson and his mate Gullan ( faux Footscray supporter but really loves the cats) was just superb. If you take the time to listen to the HS Podcast from October last year (the f one before the Grand Final titled) ' The Dynasty v The Fairytale) you will see how unbiased he actually is. And his work on exposing the AFL for the regime it is is first class.

Now lets look at Collingwood:

Glenn McFarlane : Seems to be a ripping fella , a good journo but dedicates half the HS Podcast talking about Collingwood. Its embarrassing.
Jake Niall : Probably one the more credible and honorable journos going around. Measured and informed.
Michael Gleeson: Insipid, Insecure and worse than Caro. Their combined attempt at assassinations of Tom Lynch in 2020 was unprofessional to the extreme.
Tom Browne: FFS

Happy to go toe to toe with you on any of these. But what you should do is not be so sensitive.

usa usa PFFFTTTTT

Last edited:

Needs to stop putting his opinion in to everything he reads.
If you want facts you need to do a lot of research rather than just using your brain cells.

It's like listening to somebody trying to sell me a house without knowing what it's actually like.

Needs to stop putting his opinion in to everything he reads.
If you want facts you need to do a lot of research rather than just using your brain cells.

It's like listening to somebody trying to sell me a house without knowing what it's actually like.

Who is trying to sell you a house?

Sorry but Gleeson is a condescending wank who can’t deal with facts . His love affair with Collingwood is just embarrassing, in fact I think he’s worse than Slobbo . He had become unlistenable on the age podcast .
Niall , yeah I like him a lot .

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Worse than slobbo !?!?
Frustrated World Cup GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon he's the definition of a lightweight. Compare him to Mick Warner. I've said this before, but the likes of Carro, Sheahan and Patrick Smith have a lot to answer for.

Because they've done reasonable work on air, every footy tv and radio slot went around and hired any old football journo and stuck a mic in front of them; Ralph is one of them.

It's a little bit reminiscent of the way every second band in Liverpool was signed up after the Beatles' success, and every band in Seattle who dressed like Kurt Cobain got a record deal after the success of Nirvana. :tongueoutv1:

Last edited:
Cheerleader for Victorian clubs, nothing more.
Jeez, you West Aussies view AFL footy through a weird "us vs Vic" lens

Jon Ralph has NEVER been a cheerleader for my club. He is a Richmond man. Generally, the only time he talks about Hawthorn, it's to act as judge, jury & executioner at halftime of our night games and try his best to get our blokes suspended for minor indiscretions worthy of nothing more than a free kick.

I hate him. I hate the sight of his smug face. I hate the sound of his smarmy voice.

You WA tossers really need to pull your heads out of your arse and quit thinking the Victorian clubs & media are in this together and united against the WA and SA "interstaters"

90% of the AFL media who don't have any previous ties with Hawthorn are set against us. (The other 10% don't care about us.) Nearly everyone is biased towards their own team. They barrack for Essendon, Collingwood, Carlton, Richmond, Geelong, Melbourne, Bulldogs, Saints and North... Why would they "cheer" for Hawthorn? Most of them actively dislike Hawthorn as a club and find it very difficult to ever say anything positive about us.

We're as popular with the media as we are with the folks on Big Footy.

In case you hadn't noticed, we are not exactly anyone's "second team". Even when we are underdogs, they barrack against us.

Last edited:

Jon Ralph has NEVER been a cheerleader for my club. He is a Richmond man. Generally, the only time he talks about Hawthorn, it's to act as judge, jury & executioner at halftime of our night games and try his best to get our blokes suspended for minor indiscretions worthy of nothing more than a free kick.

I hate him. I hate the sight of his smug face. I hate the sound of his smarmy voice.

You WA tossers really need to pull your heads out of your arse and quit thinking the Victorian clubs & media are in this together and united against the WA and SA "interstaters"

90% of the AFL media who don't have any previous ties with Hawthorn are set against us. (The other 10% don't care about us.) Nearly everyone is biased towards their own team. They barrack for Essendon, Collingwood, Carlton, Richmond, Geelong, Melbourne, Bulldogs, Saints and North... Or they are interstate ********s like Kane Cornes and Jonathan Brown. Whoever they barrack for, most of them actively dislike Hawthorn as a club and find it very difficult to ever say anything positive about us.

In case you hadn't noticed, we are not exactly anyone's "second team". Even when we are underdogs, they barrack against us.
You probably need to read with his reporting about interstate teams without your Vic glasses on. 100% he has an agenda.

90% of the AFL media who don't have any previous ties with Hawthorn are set against us. (The other 10% don't care about us.) Nearly everyone is biased towards their own team. They barrack for Essendon, Collingwood, Carlton, Richmond, Geelong, Melbourne, Bulldogs, Saints and North... Why would they "cheer" for Hawthorn? Most of them actively dislike Hawthorn as a club and find it very difficult to ever say anything positive about us.

I think it's swings and roundabouts - during your triple prem. blitz, I found Whately’s fawning over Hawthorn almost vomitous.

That said...the monobrow does seem to really dislike your team.

I’d ignore the WA crowd...I know from the car scene they’re as paranoid as f@#k, always seeking affirmation - BF seems no different.

So, the ‘GIT’ says on On the Couch tonight, that the force that concussed McCartin ‘was no harder than most people putting their head on a pillow’

Pretty damn solid pillow looking at Patty’s cheekbone and eye!

I mean seriously...what an a$$clown!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back