Perth Stadium (Optus Stadium)

Remove this Banner Ad

They ran on the Belgrave / Lilydale line which runs past the MCG. One reason they didn't proceed with them is that they increase dwell times at stations due to the limited number of entrances/exits so they don't increase line capacity.
I was talking about the Clifton Hill group, which consists of the Epping (now South Morang) and Hurstbridge lines. I believe Jolimont is closer to the 'G than Richmond is.

Perth trains are 3ft 6in narrow gauge. I don't think they can be made to go much faster, or built wider, or made double-decked. I think they use wide or standard gauge in Melbourne and Sydney.

I was talking about the Clifton Hill group, which consists of the Epping (now South Morang) and Hurstbridge lines. I believe Jolimont is closer to the 'G than Richmond is.

The double decker train predated connex. It was introduced in 1992, the two private operators in 1998

It was only used on the belgrave line because it was the only line it could be used on. It had to be significantly modified to allow it to have the necessary height clearance under the bridges along the line.

Also richmond is the main feeder station for the mcg. Jolimont only has hurstbridge and south morang lines feeding into it. Richmond has melbournes two busiest lines (belgrave/lilydale and pakenham/cranbourne) plus the frankston, sandringham, glen waverley and alamien lines. Richmond has roughly 250% the number of patrons entering/departing it as jolimont does.

This is further magnified by our current major rail works. The pakenham/cranbourne line is as operational capacity, but this massive growth corridor means the line has massive over demand. Two projects are.working to fix this. Level crossing removal ($2b+ for this line) and the melbourne metro ($11b). While the metro means cranbourne/pakenham will no longer pass richmond, punters will need to get off at south yarra and go to richmond for the footy

This is a long way of saying richmond station is the major transport access hub for the mcg, not jolimont

We bought tickets. Wife, son and I, but it is a cousin's 30th so not going to make it. It happens.

Hiya,
There are ALOT of people posting in the event page on facebook looking for tickets! Please consider logging on and giving someone else your tickets as looks like alot of people are going to miss out.

View from the front row of Block 143. I'm 5'11 and the prison bars arent that bad.

3UPpvOI.jpg

They look ugly on TV.
Do they really need these fences?
Could they just remove them for better aesthetics.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They look ugly on TV.
Do they really need these fences?
Could they just remove them for better aesthetics.
Yes and let the spectators fall onto the field...

I wouldn't mind the bottom half having static advertising.

Watching the game, the jury is out a bit imo.

It’s giving off more of a ANZ vibe more than MCG or Adelaide vibe to me so far.

I’m thinking about putting a banner over the fence. The Poms were allowed to hang their flags over the fence.
It won't cover any advertising so you'd be a good chance :)
Watching the game, the jury is out a bit imo.

It’s giving off more of a ANZ vibe more than MCG or Adelaide vibe to me so far.
In what ways? I see MCG/Etihad.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back