Perth Stadium (Optus Stadium)

Remove this Banner Ad

Bit weird that WACA members would get access to full strength ahead of everyone else. It's not like you need to undergo a character test to become one, you just pay your money and you're in.

How is it any different to being an AFL club member?
been a WACA member before and foolishly let go. I feel as though you're more responsible given you pay upfront a large amount and have access to more games. Yes a person who goes to a t20 game may be responsible person but that person is less likely to be responsible if that's their only game.

Bit weird that WACA members would get access to full strength ahead of everyone else. It's not like you need to undergo a character test to become one, you just pay your money and you're in.

How is it any different to being an AFL club member?

Same here at the mcg, but even more stupid

In the 3121 coterie section, i can order full strength at the bar in a glass for night games, but as a takeaway i can only get mid strength

******* stupid

The ABC milking the Stadium, bit premature:
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-02-...e-reality-did-we-get-what-we-paid-for/9390340

Strangely the #1 issue here on BF, the strength of beer served, is not worthy of a mention.

Pretty much every negative issue seems to relate to the stadium management as opposed to the infrastructure itself. If there are long food and drink queues then that's a result of poor planning and/or poor management. There is massive amounts of space behind the stands - if there aren't enough outlets then it would be very easy to bring more in.

If you're thinking of getting a membership i'd highly recommend the cheap seats. Behind the goals on level 2 would be a brilliant place to sit, and in most cases it's going to be one of the lower categories of seating. I'd rather sit there than bottom tier on the wing (which would also be brilliant, but it's not worth the cost compared to the cheap seats).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They have already put in place some things to fix queues from what I saw from the ODI to BBL games. Granted i was on the West side for ODI and East side for BBL... but ground looked pretty much mirrored for those areas from what I could tell.

WACA members had a bar / food outlet right on the edge of public area. No queues at all for it in the ODI at innings break when you would imagine damand would be at its highest. For the BBL the same bar / food outlet (again opposite side of ground but as I said I am guessing mirrored) was now sectioned off from WACA members and public could use.

So at innings break when grabbing a beer at the BBL there was like a couple of minutes long queue only to get served.

Not sure if they did similar on top level or not. But at least 2 more bars and food outlets open for public use on level levels from the first game and it did make a difference.

soooo, are they advertising anything for the 'away' game for the dockers versus the suns over there in perth?

there is nothing on suns website about it - and I want to get tickets. (yeh I kno I can call someone but dammit it is 2018 and should all be online)

nothing on the stadium website either for any AFL, only have upcoming events as concerts, bledisloe, state of origin and aflw

I'm interested to know if members will be able to purchase tickets for their regular seats or will all seats be up for free sale.

Not quite, as Suns "sold" the game to Freo, plus realistically, how many Suns members will be wanting to go to the game?

Did freo pay money to buy the game, or is it an arrangement with optus?

Well it's as much a Freo home game as an away Derby, so Suns members should get first dibs shouldn't they?

I'd hope any WA members of the Suns get a freebie, plus guests. Freo members keep their seasons seating - might cause a few probs, just manage it.

Like to see the Eagles do the same, and for GWS WA members.

“Given the club has only just been advised that we have secured the right to play our round three away game against Gold Coast at Perth Stadium, we will be working with the AFL, the stadium operator and our partners to ensure that we can provide an option for Fremantle members to attend this bonus game via a special and exclusive offer.”

http://www.goldcoastfc.com.au/news/2017-10-26/suns-to-take-home-games-to-gabba-and-perth-stadium

My understanding is they did, but i could be wrong. However, regardless of who is underwriting the game, they will be predominately relying on Fremantle members to make it profitable.

My understanding is they did, but i could be wrong. However, regardless of who is underwriting the game, they will be predominately relying on Fremantle members to make it profitable.

From Kwality post above it looks like with the stadium BUT they want a separate arrangement with freo members (outside the rest of punters buying tix.publicly)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back