Toast Pick #10 - Welcome to Carlton Lochie O'Brien!

Teagueeee15

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Carlton
No I didn't I said he was getting 30 touch games. Completely different to averaging 30 touches.

LOB is hard to make comparisons to because there arn't a hell of a lot of players like him. The first ones that come to mind are Smith, Hill, Polec and Gaff but comparing first seasons is pretty pointless imo
I think Tom Phillips from Collingwood is the best comparison for LOB. Stick him on a wing and let his running power do it’s thing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

thylacine60

Make me an Admin!
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Insert Token EPL Club

Sector 7G

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Carlton
Loved him looking at Peter Wright and him thinking I got him covered and making the play (admittedly Rowe made 2m Peter look slow).

Also loved the pass to Wright that was over Wrights head and kept him running to goal to set up a scoring opportunity.

mediumsizered

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Carlton
Loved him looking at Peter Wright and him thinking I got him covered and making the play (admittedly Rowe made 2m Peter look slow).

Also loved the pass to Wright that was over Wrights head and kept him running to goal to set up a scoring opportunity.
With the way the game is played nowadays these kicks are just as effective as one lace out on a teammate's chest, particularly if you have players quick enough to capitalise on such a kick e.g. Pickett, Garlett.

therubbernub

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
carlton
With the way the game is played nowadays these kicks are just as effective as one lace out on a teammate's chest, particularly if you have players quick enough to capitalise on such a kick e.g. Pickett, Garlett.
If you have some players that can roost further than the normal afl kick , it is an incredibly useful tool to disrupt the defensive zones.. In that regard we have Charlie , LOB, and reportedly schumaker. It does mean that you have to have some real pace in the forward line to take advantage. Thats not Wright. Used to be Jeffy.

Top Bottom