Player Watch Pick #12 (2021) - Josh Sinn

Remove this Banner Ad

Good to see Sinn showing some promising signs at AFL level, but I watched the incident again on fox yesterday and at the risk of sounding harsh I don't think he braced himself at all for what he probably should have seen coming, and if he is going to have a long career he will need to learn to protect himself in situations like that.

It's only takes a split second but he wasn't blind sided, and if one player is prepared for a solid collision and the other isn't then the chances of being hurt obviously increases.

It is funny though how choosing to bump and breaking a player's collarbone is acceptable to the AFL. Wonder how they would have reacted if Sinn was caught high by the bump and concussed.

My only comment on a player post game hysteria was focused on Josh Sinn. There were many other players who had far better games than him, but it was the first time I saw glimpses of just how good this kid could be.

When everyone was completely gassed & running on heavy legs, he just switched on the turbos & burst out of the pack like a man possessed. Not many players are capable of those type of acts late in games. The other thing I really liked was seeing him put his head over the ball & dishing the handball out in tight pack situations.

It would be interesting to know how highly the club rate him internally, but the green shoots are certainly starting to sprout.

Agree with the above post, and what was also good to see was much improved field kicking from the Sinner. The pass to a leading JHF was breathtakingly good. The Hornet made it look even more spectacular with the vertical leap to make sure he couldn't be spoiled.

We were looking at two special talents there.

As others have said, a real pity that he finally looks confident at the level and he cops another injury. He was brilliant in that last quarter when he, along with Burgoyne and others, were free to play with attack and flair. He's taken longer than expected to really shine (due to injuries) but if he brings that competitiveness and attack each week he'll be a star for us.

I've been a long term Sinner and it's great to see him show what we have seen glimpses of at SANFL level.

I still think if his body let's him he will be right up there as a fast playmaker.

It's good to see more people starting to Sinn.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Unless you are a "generational talent", you need to get 50 or so AFL games into a kid before you know if they can step up and feel like they belong in the elite company.

Ask the question again in early 2026, once he's had nearly 30 games experience.

It is funny though how choosing to bump and breaking a player's collarbone is acceptable to the AFL. Wonder how they would have reacted if Sinn was caught high by the bump and concussed.
There's no prospective lawsuit in relation to broken collarbones. That's the only difference.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back