AFL Player #14: Jordan Ridley - Re-injured quad - 4 to 6 weeks - 11/4

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Olango would be alright as well, just don't necessarily want us going after another ultra-raw prospect like Nyuon again. Dodoro was clearly reined in from picking projects this year. Went a little overboard with them last year (I'd probably class all of Morgan, Nyuon and Eades as projects, maybe Redman as well though not nearly as much).
Nyuon was an under 18 AA IIRC. Had he not had the social issues he would have been a project we might have been able to bank on. As it is, I hope we keep an eye on him. If he can sort himself out he might be worth looking at again at some time in the future. I'm still keen on seeing how Redman goes as well. I wouldn't be unhappy if drafted Olango... I think we've drafted well this year all ready.

Last edited:
I still find it strange we picked him at pick 22, wanted Ben Long so badly.

I still find it strange we picked him at pick 22, wanted Ben Long so badly.

He would've been taken by Brisbane with either pick 23 or 24..... and he was talked up as a potential pick up for Sydney and Bulldogs picks before us.... obviously dogs weren't going to ignore English and likewise Sydney with Hayward.

Honestly if the Fox Footy ranking had said 20 instead of 60... 90% of the bitching about him wouldn't have occurred lol...

He would've been taken by Brisbane with either pick 23 or 24..... and he was talked up as a potential pick up for Sydney and Bulldogs picks before us.... obviously dogs weren't going to ignore English and likewise Sydney with Hayward.

Honestly if the Fox Footy ranking had said 20 instead of 60... 90% of the bitching about him wouldn't have occurred lol...
This! And in all honesty the Fox Footy rankings have never really been all that reliable anyway. I always listen to the likes of Cal Twomey, Emma Quayle and Brett Anderson before Fox Footy (I'm not even sure if they have a genuine dedicated draft watcher), hell I even rate the opinions of don patch sword, DraftMe, Knightmare and the other Bigfooty draft watchers significantly more highly over Fox Footy.

Wasn't bitching and never saw the fox footy rankings. Hopefully he can become a big bodied winger.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you want a laugh, have a look at the saints draft thread. They went into complete meltdown with both the Long and Phillips picks.

This! And in all honesty the Fox Footy rankings have never really been all that reliable anyway. I always listen to the likes of Cal Twomey, Emma Quayle and Brett Anderson before Fox Footy (I'm not even sure if they have a genuine dedicated draft watcher), hell I even rate the opinions of don patch sword, DraftMe, Knightmare and the other Bigfooty draft watchers significantly more highly over Fox Footy.
Here's where the people you mentioned rated Ridley in their player rankings:
Twomey - 25
Quayle - 23
Anderson - 14

Here's where the people you mentioned rated Ridley in their player rankings:
Twomey - 25
Quayle - 23
Anderson - 14
Yup! So he went in his projected range, wasn't a reach in the slightest. Of course it's debatable whether or not he's a player that actually fills a need, but he was probably the best available after English and Hayward were taken by the Dogs and Swans.

Yup! So he went in his projected range, wasn't a reach in the slightest. Of course it's debatable whether or not he's a player that actually fills a need, but he was probably the best available after English and Hayward were taken by the Dogs and Swans.
Exactly. People complain about "reaching" for him, yet don't usually provide who they would have rathered take. The next 5+ picks were all a bit left field, and only Witherden would have been another good option who was still available in my opinion

Exactly. People complain about "reaching" for him, yet don't usually provide who they would have rathered take. The next 5+ picks were all a bit left field, and only Witherden would have been another good option who was still available in my opinion
Pretty much, and I mean for all we know the club may view Ridley as an eventual "replacement" (though I kind hate that word) for Goddard.

Olango would be alright as well, just don't necessarily want us going after another ultra-raw prospect like Nyuon again. Dodoro was clearly reined in from picking projects this year. Went a little overboard with them last year (I'd probably class all of Morgan, Nyuon and Eades as projects, maybe Redman as well though not nearly as much).

Speaking of Tony Olango. Serious knee injury on the weekend just hampered his 2017 draft chances.

Will keep saying it think he could be the forward we are after. Be interesting to see if he grows on that 192cm height wise. Could well be the Jack Gunston after Langford is turning into something else.

Kicked 6 goals in his first TAC game and all his highlights were of him as a forward this year think he kicked a couple of bags aswell this season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back