Pick 51: Troy Taylor

Remove this Banner Ad

Name: Troy Taylor
DOB: 12/9/1991
Weight: 77kg
Height: 189cm
Club Recruited From: NT Thunder
Position: Forward
Bio:Highly-skilled left footer who reads the play well. Strong overhead for his size with clean hands and good awareness in traffic. SA U18 representative in 2009.
Stats:Kicks: 7, Handballs: 8, Disposals: 15, Marks: 1, Goals: 1 (Averages from Trial Matches)
What the recruiters say: Troy is an exciting indigenous talent from the Northern Territory who came to notice in a warm up match for the NT Thunder U18 team in their TAC Cup against Dandenong in round 5. Troy put his special talent on display with 2 exceptional goals and 6 tackles.

Read more about the recruiters opinions here: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/Season2010/2009NationalDraft/TroyTaylor/tabid/15512/Default.aspx

Someone on Facebook just told me he has had discipline issues. Another tall skinny indigenous kid. JON?

Discipline? Well..robbery, assault, 4months in the lockup...nothing major :rolleyes:

Word is the time turned him around and he sees football as his 'way out' though. Let's hope.

Someone on Facebook just told me he has had discipline issues. Another tall skinny indigenous kid. JON?

Nothing like JON, and if by discipline issues he means 'got out of juvie this year' then yes. He's your freakish forwardline player who will do the amazing (though is a little inaccurate). Quite a few people picked him to go first round/second round, so I'm happy.

Discipline? Well..robbery, assault, 4months in the lockup...nothing major :rolleyes:

Word is the time turned him around and he sees football as his 'way out' though. Let's hope.

Nothing like JON, and if by discipline issues he means 'got out of juvie this year' then yes. He's your freakish forwardline player who will do the amazing (though is a little inaccurate). Quite a few people picked him to go first round/second round, so I'm happy.
Thanks for providing me with more info. Not dissing the kid. Just wanted to know more. Thanks again lads

looks silky but slow. Hope he has a strong work ethic, has some real talent to work with and would be a headache matchup, great reach

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was picked where he shouldve went, the media hyped him over his story rather then his ability. Has alot of work to do to become a player
So everything worked out OK then. He got picked at 51 where is where he should have gone and we will see what happens?
All draftees have a long way to go.

oh well it's all onward and upward from here..we've already began to resource up fro the indiginous academy (first pet project)...was rated pick 20 in todays HS, bloody good get I reckon

Ingeniously gifted is TT - work-rate the issue.

I'll find my notes - it's late and I'm not going to ramble off the top of my head.

But I agree with RATD - on talent alone he is a huge steal.

Emma Quayle in the Age had Troy at pick 15. Special talent and could be anything. Possible steal for us at pick 51.
Welcome to Tigerland Troy:D

Emma Quayle in the Age had Troy at pick 15. Special talent and could be anything. Possible steal for us at pick 51.
Welcome to Tigerland Troy:D
Can you refresh my memory? Who had pick 15?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back