Ok my mail today is that I think the following will happen;

1 - Rayner
2 - LDU
3 - Dow
4 - Brayshaw
5 - onwards not sure but Freo likely take Cerra

Also seems likely that Fogarty and Stephenson will slide

*Cerra would be an outstanding result
That is my current top five based on no evidence or source so that makes me pretty satisfield.

Well I do have one source that suggests Rayner is the guy at #1 but that's barely much of a rumour anymore. I still think the Blues could well send some shocks through a lot and pick up Brayshaw at 3.

Yeah, well I guess it isn't that interesting. Recruiters watch games.

But do they really send the whole crew?

Can see half of Hine's head, Rendell, Shepherd. Maybe even Milesi?

Have to be strongly considering a kid if you're sending your whole recruitment team to the one game.

Been Reported we where the 1st Team to Talk to him when he Decided AFL over Crickert

Naughton isn't just a "list fit" to not get excited over, he is genuinely best available assuming the "big five" (rubbish) all go before 6, with maybe only Stephenson left who is better than Naughton.

No youngster in the country has showed better form against adults than Naughton, and this is a key position player with a wonky kick. Alex Rance was a very poor kick when he entered the league, his kick at 18/19 flatters Naughton's. Improvement is always possible, we have to go for Naughton.

Even Reid's Kicking was Average when he was Drafted

There are similarities between Murphy and Goddard. Have to admit Murphy looked good in his highlights' reel, though I am not sure what need he fills. But he does have sticky hands and seems reliable by foot. He said that Collingwood was the first club to take an interest in him after his 7 goal haul.

1 Knock I read was he is a Poor Set Shot on Goal - He Fit Right in then;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unless a player unexpectedly slides I believe you blokes will take either Naughton or Murphy. Coffield & Fogerty not in the mix.

I think Murphy will be one of the best from the draft. Reads the play & marks the footy like a young James Hird.

Naughton the safer bet but a bit meh IMO. I’d say he’s the favourite to be a Pie!

Rubbish. Unlike previous years when you'd just snavel these F/S selections with a 3rd round pick, 2014 saw the introduction of the new bidding system and we still had to agree to match the Footscray bid that came for him rather than opt for any of the players taken after him.
Moore was a no brainer. He was rated highly and we were forced by the Doggies selecting him before us.

We’re talking talent ID here and what has happened to Scharenberg doesn’t suggest bad talent ID which is why I find it really difficult to pot that selection. He’d have 60+ games under his belt if he’d avoided the injury God’s wrath so let’s be fair no recruiter can recruit against bad luck.

Despite that you’ve acknowledged Treloar and JDG as worthy selections then ruled out Moore because he picked himself.

I’m normally partial to a roasting of the club, but in this case I’m not buying it and this couch recruiter stuff is a pretty easy gig, IMO. Especially when the outgoing CEO was cutting costs left right and centre within the FD to help the bottom line dramatically impacting Hine’s department. IMO, it’s no coincidence we went from league best to above average given resources were constrained.

I don’t think we are above average at all. In fact we are below average.

Our drafting hasn’t been that good to be honest when you look at the young talent drafted by other clubs.

We haven’t been able to work out the free agency concept and failed miserably.

We haven’t been able to package picks/players to deal ourselves higher in the draft when other clubs have.

We have given away valuable second round picks for ordinary players we obviously rated highly (ieAish), and I think we continue to pay for it.

If Moore wasn’t father/son he wouldn’t be In a black and white jumper. So, who are the young talent so highly rated in the competition playing regularly for us? JDG and Maynard gets in. Sharenburg is coming off injury but hasn’t done anything as yet.

Our negotiations at the trading table has been extremely poor. The highlight has been getting rid of players.

I don’t think we are above average at all. In fact we are below average.

Our drafting hasn’t been that good to be honest when you look at the young talent drafted by other clubs.

We haven’t been able to work out the free agency concept and failed miserably.

We haven’t been able to package picks/players to deal ourselves higher in the draft when other clubs have.

We have given away valuable second round picks for ordinary players we obviously rated highly (ieAish), and I think we continue to pay for it.

If Moore wasn’t father/son he wouldn’t be In a black and white jumper. So, who are the young talent so highly rated in the competition playing regularly for us? JDG and Maynard gets in. Sharenburg is coming off injury but hasn’t done anything as yet.

Our negotiations at the trading table has been extremely poor. The highlight has been getting rid of players.

You’re confusing talent ID with development. We continue to have hits scattered through the draft and only three years ago had the best draft of anyone in the league, IMO.

Naughton isn't just a "list fit" to not get excited over, he is genuinely best available assuming the "big five" (rubbish) all go before 6, with maybe only Stephenson left who is better than Naughton.

No youngster in the country has showed better form against adults than Naughton, and this is a key position player with a wonky kick. Alex Rance was a very poor kick when he entered the league, his kick at 18/19 flatters Naughton's. Improvement is always possible, we have to go for Naughton.
Is he actually a poor kick or is it just his kicking style? As long as he hits targets I don’t care how it looks

You’re confusing talent ID with development. We continue to have hits scattered through the draft and only three years ago had the best draft of anyone in the league, IMO.
i agree about 2014 although crows did well with Lever and McGovern with later picks.

Not sure how you can say our talent ID is above average when looking at the other drafts. The fact we wanted Aish as soon as we could get our hands on him shows that, injuries aside, that draft will haunt us when it could have made us.

Even Reid's Kicking was Average when he was Drafted
That's not even remotely true.

Ben Reid got nervous on one set shot routine against Carlton and now it's frequently talked about that he "went to the backline" or "fixed his kicking".

In reality, as a junior, he was a pretty similar player to now. In the AFL, he mostly just improved his strength and balance.

Back