Pick Swap Completed

Remove this Banner Ad

Not really another club. It's the same one we traded with

Who need the points for their academy players.

But you know, some people can’t think past the next move...

I'm happy with 3 first rounders.
IMHO Port should not consider losing any of them.
If we want to trade up a "couple" of spots, use 18 and one of our 50's picks. Trading any higher than to 10 (or 9 at absolute best) would see us lose too much.

wasn't everyone saying last year that it was a goldmine draft and next years would be s**t?

now we're here and everyone says hit this draft hard because next years is f’ed

is this just boomerspeak or something
This year is s**t if you want anything other than mids and flankers (which if we really do know talent pool two years out why did we use three 1sts on mids/flankers last year?)

Next year might be great with a diversity of player ability but has a lot of pre-alignment to clubs

I'm happy with 3 first rounders.
IMHO Port should not consider losing any of them.
If we want to trade up a "couple" of spots, use 18 and one of our 50's picks. Trading any higher than to 10 (or 9 at absolute best) would see us lose too much.
Problem with this is, we traded out 2 first rounders, 10 and presumably 10-12 next year. Both earlier then the earliest pick this year. We also added in 29, Howard and Ryder. For what will be after academy bids 14, 18 and 20.

If you go by points value that values Howard at less then nothing, effectively we paid StKilda to take him.

wasn't everyone saying last year that it was a goldmine draft and next years would be s**t?

now we're here and everyone says hit this draft hard because next years is f’ed

is this just boomerspeak or something

2019 was always looking average/below average, mostly due to the thinness in KPP stocks this year

2020 is looking very poor and has looked that way for a couple years now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We may be thinking of something like swapping picks#12 and #18 for Melbourne's picks #10 and #28. That would leave us with #10, #16 and #28. Still seems too much to pay just to advance two spots in the pecking order. I suppose a play for a higher pick is a bridge too far? Maybe Freo's #8 pick is a more logical target? Whatever the ploy I hope we are not being too cute.

i guess we will have to wait until Draft night to find out.

We may be thinking of something like swapping picks#12 and #18 for Melbourne's picks #10 and #28. That would leave us with #10, #16 and #28. Still seems too much to pay just to advance two spots in the pecking order. I suppose a play for a higher pick is a bridge too far? Maybe Freo's #8 pick is a more logical target? Whatever the ploy I hope we are not being too cute.

i guess we will have to wait until Draft night to find out.

That won’t happen.
If we did that then someone bids in mead at 20 or so and we lose 28.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back