Prediction Pick your 3 for 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Charlie Curnow. What do we get going forward after his injuries.

Lewis Young. Can he stand up as our second KPD or do we have a gaping hole.

Paddy Dow. Get busy living or get busy dying. 2022 will tell us.

Mine are redemption and potential finally realized picks

I'm hoping Mitch McGovern will star down back as an intercepting pack crashing defender alongside Caleb Marchbank who will fill the roll as resolute defender and feed the ball down to Charlie Curnow at CHF to kick many goals and take high flying pack marks.
If this all happens we will be almost certain to play finals next year and finally get some respect back from the competition as a team to be wary of come finals time.

Last edited:

Sticking by my man Stocks, just maybe Vossy will have the perceptiveness to give him midfield duties. Then throw him back to defence for a bit of a rest. Liam is all heart and soul, I love the way the kid goes about it.
Pivotal to our improvement is the necessity for a quality wingman. LOB has all the tools, laser-like left boot and a decent tank. Trusting that Voss and assistant's can get the best out of him.
Adam Cerra really excites me, he has class written all over him. Ready to step-up and dominate at the Blues.
Buckle up Bluebaggers, season 2022 is going to be crazy good imo.

Sticking by my man Stocks, just maybe Vossy will have the perceptiveness to give him midfield duties. Then throw him back to defence for a bit of a rest. Liam is all heart and soul, I love the way the kid goes about it.
Stocker has been spending a lot of time training with our midfield group

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Honey - Based on what we've seen he has the ability to kick 40+ goals and play every game. He can be our Bailey Fritsch.

Cunningham - His best is better than most. Physical attributes are all there he just needs a clean run in the midfield without being moved around and/or injured.

Charlie Curnow - Has the potential to be the best player in the league. With a full preseason and no injuries throughout the year he takes the second best defender and can get off the chain more often with defences focusing on Harry. If it all clicks his best is Buddy in his prime.

It's hard to pick just 3... But...
  1. Dow: He was elite as a Junior (previous coaches: one the best the Pioneers have ever seen). It's time to step up and show it at AFL level. He has showed glimpses in patches of games, but needs consistency of performance... If he fails again this year could be out the door for 2023 season...
  2. Philp: All things we lack elite pace, sublime skills and an outside winger... Need to get him strong and some continuity in his body... A player we desperately need to come good and get some games...
  3. Marchbank: Feel sad for him... One of the most skilful players on our list.. Was an elite third intercept/rebounding defender, who could pinch hit on the wing... Can he get back to the level and get some continuity in his body? Really, really hope so...

I’ll pick 3 team improvements.

1. 100% Improvement in 1% sacrificial acts, across the complete ground. Shepherds, tackles, blocks, knock ons, etc.
2. Win at all costs mentality. Premierships is what it’s about and there is no second place.
3. Proper well structured, drilled team to assist in defending and attacking. Mindset and knowledge of when to run to assist defenders and when to run to create. Every ball is a contest and must be won with no exception.

Cuningham- looked sharp dynamic and about to take the next step before injury
Carroll- could be a draft steal that seems a very well rounded footballer
Philp- great mix of skills pace and endurance, could be the winger we need
Honorable mention to kemp, honey and stocker
Bring on 2022

Very bloody tough to do.
Kemp because this amount of talent and ability just has to translate into something good. Philp because he just seems to have it, he's a tough quick player who has proven he will play with effort in his short showing and McGovern who I believe could become a really good defender for us.

So hard to do...

There's the obvious like Cripps and Walsh and Weitering. Talent.

There's the newbies like Cerra and and Motlop and Young (and Hewett).

There's those I hope to see regularly on in Doch and Marchbank and Charlie (and Cuningham) smashing it on the field.

There's the hope for the future watching Admin, Footy Department, and players work together to build a real platform for success.

And then there is the glimpse for the future in how players such as Honey and Philp and Carroll could make cases towards among 'best 22 for 22'...

3 is pretty much the best structure for exposition purposes on any topic - forcing focus but providing enough space for difference of opinion.

That's total BS.

Let me tell you the three reasons why....

;) :p

1. TDK - more out of an absolute desperate need for the club, he needs to take 2 steps forward and become a competitive ruckmen and hold down the #1 spot for us to take the next step forward as a club. I do not believe Pittonet is AFL standard so IMO we have no other viable ruck option if TDK doesnt come on.

2. Owies/Honey/Durdin/ Motlop - One of these needs to become a reliable high pressure, goal scoring small forward, i liked what Owies did last year and reckon he can step up again, but as long as one of these becomes a quality player we will be okay.

3. Williams - I am hoping 2020 was the kick up the @ss he needed, showed him he isnt that good and needs to work hard if he wants to become the player he hopes to be.. Forget about the pay packet, have some self respect, come back from pre season as fit as a fiddle and earn a spot in the midfield group..

4. Andrew Russell - Needs a huge season, the players need to be fit and injury free ready to play high pressure footy for 4 quarters..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back