Prediction Pick your 3 for 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Ok, you didn't want it (again) - now here it is (once more).

Name the 3 players you will be closely watching or hoping the best for in 2022 and why. Call it breakout, realized potential, turned the corner, last piece of the puzzle, whatever.

1. Dow - He knows I'm watching him and that ain't making it any easier. He didn't go 3 for nothing & it might be edging closer to last chance saloon but I'm on the Paddy train in 22!
2. Kemp - Look at his junior work. We can use another big bodied utility out of Echuca. Today's footy is about flexibility which Brodie brings in spades.
3. Carroll - We need the left foot, the high fitness level, the good hands. Bring it, Jack!

Now get on with it........

Cuningham - was really starting to show signs of being a solid mid who could roll forward and kick goals - some pace, evasiveness and a good shot on the run - lets hope he recovers from his knee
Marchbank - could we be free of the injury curse. No Liam Jones - so now's his chance
Obrien - Last chance saloon in a position of significant need. Lets see how he goes with one last roll of the dice

I know you only asked for three, but just quietly I think we'll be all looking out for Doc and hoping for a speedy recovery.

1. Dow: Have big hopes for this kid. Really want him to cement his spot in the 22 this year. Explosiveness combined with his work in congestion are assets we don't really have and if he takes the next step it will improve our midfield massively. Key is stringing together consistent 4qtr efforts in 2022.
2. LOB: We clearly have a deficit in the wing position and LOB is our best kick and one of our best runners. Not sure what the pass mark is for him yet but would love to see him get a decent run on the wing and get elevated to the senior list (end of 2022).
3. Charlie: I think those last few games will do him a world of good and hopefully gives him some confidence that his body can hold up. If he can get back to his 2018-early 2019 form we will be a 3 goal better team, whilst also taking pressure off Harry.

ok will do it proper

1. I really want Matthew Kennedy to be something. Lets hope so. No excuses now. Fit and mature enough.
2. Like to see Luke Parks smash it. Saw a bit there in his early season before the team stopped playing for each other which is essential for a first year to have any hope.
3. Zac Fisher is the enigma. Can he do it? Needs to get some sense of why he's out there beyond twirling around. I think if he tries to play football first and acrobatics second he can make it.

Mcgovern - to turn into a better version of Jones with intercepting plus better decision making by foot
O’Brien - the last few games of 2021 on the wing kicking inside 50 was elite. Here’s to regular opportunity and more of this level
pitto - back to regular in the middle. Elite level of hit put numbers plus better cohesion with his midfield group. Going forward on an occasion to kick 1-2 goals a game. Top 5 ruck potential in AFL.

First batch of 3 time to deliver
Zac Williams
Jack Martin
Mitch McGovern

Second batch of 3 mainly injured
Marchbank
Charlie
Philp

Third batch of 3 I have faith
Kemp
Carroll
TDK

Fourth batch of 3 need a good year
Dow
L’Ob
Williamson

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carroll, kid is all class and can play a number of positions. Smooth, tall, tough and has great vision

Kemp, again another that can play a number of positions/roles. Tall, quick, aggressive runner. Could be that type that plays on a wing drifting forward. Could be a nightmare matchup

Boyd, a darkhorse. We don't really have a genuine shutdown small defender and he does have elite footskills. Would allow more attacking types like Williams and Saad to play further up the ground

Could name another dozen

Last edited:
1. Sam Philp

2. Josh Honey

3. Paddy Dow

Very honorable mention to Liam Stocker.

Carroll, kid is all class and can play a number of positions. Smooth, tall, tough and has great vision

Kemp, again another that can play a number of positions/rolls. Tall, quick, aggressive runner. Could be that type that plays on a wing drifting forward. Could be a nightmare matchup

Boyd, a darkhorse. We don't really have a genuine shutdown small defender and he does have elite footskills. Would allow more atracking types like Williams and Saad to play further up the ground

Could name another dozen
at any game you go to, you are only allowed to watch your nominated players..........

Agree no 1 is Dow - showed signs last year and another pre season, time to show if he is going to be a 4 qtr AFL player. Doesn't need to be a superstar but a 4 qtr contributor. Enough of the qtr cameos of last year, time to step up
2. Setterfield - is he a busy of the bloke we saw in 2019 who looked like he was ready to become clear best 22.
3. Fisher - same as setterfield, bust or improvement. Needs to be played HFF/Wing. Do we have something or is it time to start looking elsewhere?

I'd have Cunningham right up there but with his knee I'm hoping for a good 2nd half but no pressure. 2023 is the year for him to show or go.

(Edit: all the above based on 'are they good enough or not? Time to find out

I'd have stocker as no.1 overall as blokes I'll be concentrating on - I'll be happy if he slightly improved on what he has done but reckon he could go another level or two. Must watch. (I thought the same on Cunningham last year and that didnt work out well so hopefully a better return)

Sent from my CPH2005 using Tapatalk

1. Cripps: he seems to be a a crossroads of sorts. Can he capitalise on more forward time, two way run more effectively and just be a bull
2. Curnow (the Charlie variety): 2 50 goal kickers up forward will create a dynasty of Dermie/Dunstall proportions.
3. Marchy: feel like it’s now or the ship might sail. Need a third intercept/rebounding tall given the loss of Jones so Young and Weiters can lock down.

Sick of waiting for youngsters, let the existing stars cook!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back