Picola & District NW 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am from mathoura mate and we would be askin 4 the xtra points 2 if could get the cattle
Clubs shouldn’t be a penalised 4 building a cultcher or 4 getting a coach that is ganna bring players
We will struggle yeh but we will continue 2 work for n it n 1 day we will bring in the right person

"I’ve always said the day you turn a player away from your club is the day footy is not going in the right direction" for that individual club to have dominance long term it isn't going in the right direction maybe. Whilst Mathoura don't think the can field a Seniors in 2018 or won't be competitive if they do, Jerilderie will struggle to field a 2nds and Yarroweyah forfeited seconds games this season whilst struggling in the 1sts all year you've had to turn a player or 2 away. What were the reasons you had to turn players away? Maybe point them Mathoura's way or depending where they are from to the nearest struggling club. Rovers have had strong Juniors for a long period so there is certainly no need to recruit some of the people they have, it just makes the younger players go elsewhere for a few bob, so to say you've had to turn players away is laughable.

What is more laughable is Blighty & Picola have been allocated more points than the league base after finishing 3rd and 1st. Also that Blighty are doing as they please in regards to both salary cap and points, paying ridiculous amounts of $$ to players with no regards to the salary cap. Fair enough they will only be able to meet their points allocation on game day and players will have to play 2nds but they will not be under the $105k cap. On the back of their $150k plus spend last year they've added 3-4 players plus at least one person got a pay increase they're likely to be higher again you would imagine.

Picola haven’t got any extra points? Nor did they apply for any.

Correct. Only exemptions are Rovers 46 points and Blighty 48 points. Others applied but didn't receive. The process involved clubs providing documented evidence as to why they needed the extra points. Clubs couldn't just simply request more points without evidence or an explanation.

Points system is a complete joke. Unless all sides have the same amount of points don’t see the point of it.

Not sure how a club like Yarroweyah are ever going to be completive again under a points system

Correct. Only exemptions are Rovers 46 points and Blighty 48 points. Others applied but didn't receive. The process involved clubs providing documented evidence as to why they needed the extra points. Clubs couldn't just simply request more points without evidence or an explanation.
What More evidence do they need, tell them to take a look at the 2017 ladder, if a club doesn't win a game for the year , fair chance they need a hand.

Have to agree with surprise package, points system is a joke, any side that finishes top 5 shouldn't even be considered for extra points.

Have to agree with surprise package, points system is a joke, any side that finishes top 5 shouldn't even be considered for extra points.
Would suspect and rightfully so that every club will be given enough points to maintain their list.
If considering the points system as a means of equalizing , I would suggest it is easier for a side to attract players if you have been successful (premiership) rather than finishing 3rd , 4th ,5th or last. Therefore a tiered system from 1st to 9th would be required.
As an example which is being seen elsewhere it easier for a premiership side to maintain it's dominance under a points system.
Clubs who were higher on the ladder when the system came in and when points were higher have been found to have a distinct advantage. In most cases if those clubs continue to recruit every year they'll not only stay out of reach of others but they'll also be able to stay under the points cap and continue to add recruits every year.

Less angst at Blighty and more focus on the issues of inequality between so called major leagues and minor leagues may be a very smart move.

I posted couple years ago that after a discussion I had with an AFLGM commissioner I strongly felt that the likelihood of struggling minor league clubs being given much help with extra points was very unlikely and they would rather see those clubs fold. Is that what is happening?

doing what is necessary to keep your small club above that struggling zone in this climate is in my opinion smart management.

Each club will manage this operating environment differently bit like different on field game plans.

What we have to focus on is the controlling nature of our governing body AFLVic. If we lose our automony and are under the control of AFLvic (who do appear to believe they own us) then where will our community clubs end up??
This is the question we need to be discussing.

Less angst at Blighty and more focus on the issues of inequality between so called major leagues and minor leagues may be a very smart move.

I posted couple years ago that after a discussion I had with an AFLGM commissioner I strongly felt that the likelihood of struggling minor league clubs being given much help with extra points was very unlikely and they would rather see those clubs fold. Is that what is happening?

doing what is necessary to keep your small club above that struggling zone in this climate is in my opinion smart management.

Each club will manage this operating environment differently bit like different on field game plans.

What we have to focus on is the controlling nature of our governing body AFLVic. If we lose our automony and are under the control of AFLvic (who do appear to believe they own us) then where will our community clubs end up??
Hi boys is anyone interested in playing a practice match preseason with Undera 17th of march would be ideal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's just an interesting situation with Blighty as it's plastered all over social media and the local papers, their recruits. People in the know would see they will breach the salary cap and it'll be interesting to see what the league does in regards to points with them and whether there is a reallocation.

Your feeling a few years back WILTY looks as though it could be in full swing. Getting the struggling minor clubs to fold may be what they are after because as far as the points system goes it does look like it could kill off a few clubs. If the current model in the PDFL continues where some stronger sides are given the same or greater exemptions then the weaker sides, then there's no denying it will.

If you look at what CharlesMac is saying in regards to Deni Rovers it looks as though when a club has a few leave you are heavily penalised. As it's hard enough to replace players without having a points system to restrict you even further.

It's just an interesting situation with Blighty as it's plastered all over social media and the local papers, their recruits. People in the know would see they will breach the salary cap and it'll be interesting to see what the league does in regards to points with them and whether there is a reallocation.

Your feeling a few years back WILTY looks as though it could be in full swing. Getting the struggling minor clubs to fold may be what they are after because as far as the points system goes it does look like it could kill off a few clubs. If the current model in the PDFL continues where some stronger sides are given the same or greater exemptions then the weaker sides, then there's no denying it will.

If you look at what CharlesMac is saying in regards to Deni Rovers it looks as though when a club has a few leave you are heavily penalised. As it's hard enough to replace players without having a points system to restrict you even further.
The PDFNL doesn't decide who does and doesn't receive extra points.

So you’ve read about Blightys recruits please tell who has left and who may be retiring or not committing for many games including the lesser profile players and reserves players, as it all counts. Clubs don’t go out of there way to announce bad news in the recruiting window if they can help it. People in the know are those who sign the contracts everything else is rumour.
I’m sorry roughie but since round one last year you have accused clubs of trying to cheat the system in one way or another.
If you thought this system was going to somehow lift struggling clubs then you did not investigate how the system works thoroughly enough.
It goes wider than just pdfnl. I’d say even GVFL are hurting because of it. Metro clubs with much higher salary caps able to comfortably pay kids who go away to uni/work better money than their home GVFL clubs can now do under this system. That then has the knockdown impact on all other leagues as player numbers in the “collective pool” so to speak gets less.

This system is far more damaging than blighty being granted 3 points or effectively one standard pdfnl player.

So you’ve read about Blightys recruits please tell who has left and who may be retiring or not committing for many games including the lesser profile players and reserves players, as it all counts. Clubs don’t go out of there way to announce bad news in the recruiting window if they can help it. People in the know are those who sign the contracts everything else is rumour.
I’m sorry roughie but since round one last year you have accused clubs of trying to cheat the system in one way or another.
If you thought this system was going to somehow lift struggling clubs then you did not investigate how the system works thoroughly enough.
It goes wider than just pdfnl. I’d say even GVFL are hurting because of it. Metro clubs with much higher salary caps able to comfortably pay kids who go away to uni/work better money than their home GVFL clubs can now do under this system. That then has the knockdown impact on all other leagues as player numbers in the “collective pool” so to speak gets less.

This system is far more damaging than blighty being granted 3 points or effectively one standard pdfnl player.

I've pointed out flaws in the system with 1st hand accounts and also pictorial proof since round 1 last year when it was introduced. With games I've attended I have found and shown that it can't be policed 100% So why have something in place that can be detrimental to sides and then give a stronger side an exemption. I have not once said any club has cheated although as for some clubs this year I find it hard to believe they will be under the points and cap as it stands. What the system does in regards to this will be interesting if there were to be a breach.

The system in principal could work although it is flawed by the people who created it by them giving points exemptions, extremely large varying caps and penalties against certain leagues classed as lesser leagues. There is no reason a person coming from the Murray league to the PDFL should get an extra point. The way it stands today is a complete joke!!

Hearin 2 gv boys, Nathan Kerr 2 deni n Reid crow 2 blighty?
Any thruth 2 it? If so league gunna b stronges we hav seen in a while? Will there b n inter league this year?

Hearin 2 gv boys, Nathan Kerr 2 deni n Reid crow 2 blighty?
Any thruth 2 it? If so league gunna b stronges we hav seen in a while? Will there b n inter league this year?
Interesting to see how Blighty fit Reid Crow in below the points and salary if it’s true

i hear blighty been letter dropping asking for cash to keep club going.wtf is that about?are they overpaying players
Hehehe wouldent suprise me
will be a good taska cup blighty can’t pay they players n bode losin all his hehehe
Strath n picola 2 play off again 4 me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back