Competitions PIEMAN Round 7 v Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

OK, feel free to post your banker here but only if you want to change it. No need to post if you are happy with last week's banker (see table below).

RULE CHANGE - POSTING OF A PREFERENTIAL LIST OF BANKERS
In response to ongoing requests, from this week on I will let you post a preferential list of bankers if you want. That means you can list two or more of your team and your banker will be the first-named, but if he's dropped or a late withdrawal from the team you get your second-named player, and so on. This also means you can name a player as banker even if he is still on the sidelines and if he doesn't get picked you still have your second choice.

It's entirely optional. You can still just post a single player if you like.

Unfortunately with any such change there are a number of contingencies that need to be catered for. So the following provisions also apply:
  1. The "default banker" rule still exists in case your chosen banker isn't playing. However if you post a preferential list it will take precedence over the default banker rule (which for those who have forgotten is determined as your lowest handicapped player in the 22 match day players, and if equal lowest handicaps it's the one with the lowest jumper number).
  2. However the preference list is valid for one week only. I will not trawl back through previous weeks' threads to see who your 2nd or 3rd preference might have been. This means you need to post a new preference list each week, if you want one. Only your first choice will carry over from week to week (until you change it).
  3. This new arrangement only allows for your player being in or out of the 22. It does not make allowance for
(a) players who might be substitute. If your choice is named as sub and you don't like it then it's up to you to post your change here before the game starts. I will not accept something like "Stringer, but if he's sub I want Jones". So don't ask.

(b) other team changes. Again, don't say something like: "I'll have Campbell as banker as long as Minson is playing, otherwise I'll have Crameri." If you have a change of mind due to team structure or selections then you will have to post a further change accordingly.​

4. Any subsequent post will wipe out your original preference list. By that I mean if you first post:
Campbell - Stringer - Boyd - Dahlhaus
and later just post "I've changed my mind, I don't want Campbell, make Boyd my banker" I will make Boyd your banker and ignore your previous preferences altogether. If you want those secondary preferences to stand you need to re-state them, e.g.
Boyd - Campbell - Stringer - Dahlhaus

So let's see how it goes. It should work OK but if it is too confusing or complicated I will scrap it.
Feedback and questions welcome.

Last edited:
I'll leave Cramdog as my banker, think he'll have a good time against the Bombers. Was considering a change to Stevens but know after a good effort this week he'll get nowhere near it next week.

dogwatch

Just a quick query / suggestion for you.

Is it possible for you to add a column after each player on the 'team sheet' above with each players handicap. I can never remember what mine were for picking bankers etc.

When the draft comes around you can just change the necessary ones with their new handicaps

Is it doable without too much hassle on your part?

Cheers

dogwatch[B][/B]

Is it possible for you to add a column after each player on the 'team sheet' above with each players handicap. I can never remember what mine were for picking bankers etc.

When the draft comes around you can just change the necessary ones with their new handicaps

Cheers
I'll see what I can do. In the meantime here's a player list.
:)

dogwatch

Cheers
OK, grassman75 , is this what you mean?

I'll go Stringer as Pieman

If sub just stick with Crameri.
From the OP:
It does not make allowance for (a) players who might be substitute. If your choice is named as sub and you don't like it then it's up to you to post your change here before the game starts. I will not accept something like "Stringer, but if he's sub I want Jones". So don't ask.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All the above banker changes have been applied.

There are five entries whose banker has been dropped this week (Gia and Campbell). Unless I hear otherwise from you, your default bankers will be as follows:
Some Idiot - Higgins
Wocka - Dahlhaus
lateniter - Dickson
jaxie1 - Jones
j0rdy1 - Dahlhaus​

Griff for banker
Thanks
All the above banker changes have been applied.

There are five entries whose banker has been dropped this week (Gia and Campbell). Unless I hear otherwise from you, your default bankers will be as follows:
Some Idiot - Higgins
Wocka - Dahlhaus
lateniter - Dickson
jaxie1 - Jones
j0rdy1 - Dahlhaus​

Remove this Banner Ad

Back