Competitions The Pieman 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

JJ
Treloar
Weightman x3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PIEMAN RESULTS Rd 21 v Richmond
Just when I was checking the calendar to see how much more of the season I'd have to endure we suddenly produce some sparkling, entertaining football with a big win against another finals contender. We even kicked straight. Now I don't want it to end.

Only eight goalkickers but some huge scores including a few Chumps tonight.

WB 19.12 126 def Richmond 10.11 71

WB Goals: Ugle-Hagan (5), Naughton (3), Bontempelli (3), Lobb (2), Daniel (2), West (2), English, Weightman

Rollovers and Subs

A surprisingly large number of rollovers - 24 of them. But only two Pieman subs were needed: lachy got 2x Treloar for 2x Bruce ... but no joy.

Most Popular Picks

1691159967097.png

The KELVIN

As reported at quarter time ScottyDogg (258) got off to a flier. He had 228 points at that stage with his 3x Marra and 2x Daniel. He didn't get any more points until the final minutes when Marra dobbed his 5th. That was just enough to see him win the Kelvin ahead of Curly5 (256) whose score would have won it almost any other round this season. chez_ferret (236) also had a huge score to finish in third.

But that wasn't the end of it. There were 6 scores over 200 and 30 scores over 100. The average score for the round was a whopping season high of 122.70 and the median was 128.5. There were four Chumps - Curly5, chez_ferret, Bont2Bruce and Fossie 32. Oddly enough there were also four bagels who I won't name but you can see for yourself who they were if you're into bagel-shaming and smugness.

1691160508910.png

The PIEMAN

Well Charlie Bucket recorded an impressive 144 with his triple-West but it wasn't enough to hold off chez_ferret who is our new leader holding a 37 point lead over Charlie. Curly5 has come roaring back from 10th spot and is now only 7 points away in third. Fossie 32 has moved up from 9th to 4th. ScootyDogg moved up 11 places from 28th to 17th. The biggest fall from grace was theAthenian who was 4th last week and is 14th this week.

So don't ever think you are out of contention. Large gaps can be wiped out in one round and the leaderboard can change very quickly.

1691160944034.png

Pieman Player of the Week
It was very tight for the PPotW but the prize goes to that contested marking beast Caleb Daniel (54) just ahead of Bont, Marra and West.

The highest possible score was a Chump of Daniel, Bont, Marra, West and Lobb with 329 points including 95 bonus points.
The highest possible 3+2 was 3x Daniel and 2x Bont which would have returned 264. So ScottyDogg was right up there with his 258 pts from a 3+2.

1691161614063.png

Pieman Player of the Year

Jamarra has jumped from third into the lead with his 5 goal haul. The other two biggest goalscorers, Weightman and Naughton, are very close behind him and Bont has moved above 300 pts too.

Naughton has now kicked 40 for the season in 20 games and has kicked at least one goal in every round. He's still a chance of making it a 50 goal season.
Weightman and Ugle-Hagan have 31 goals each but Ugle-Hagan has played four more games than Weightman.

1691162124755.png

PIEMAN RD 22 v Hawthorn

Scott (concussion) and JJ (calf) are out. Extended bench named but I agree with Dannnnnnnnnn - Macrae, Daniel and Vandermeer will all play and one of Baker or Arty Jones will be the last man in. The one who misses out will probably be sub, but it could also be Cleary.

Final team to be named around 5:30 tomorrow.

Hawthorn v Western Bulldogs​

Sunday 13 August, 1.10pm AEST
UTAS Stadium

B: Alex Keath, Liam Jones, Taylor Duryea
HB: Bailey Dale, James O’Donnell, Ed Richards
C: Caleb Poulter, Marcus Bontempelli, Bailey Williams
HF: Cody Weightman, Aaron Naughton, Bailey Smith
F: Rory Lobb, Jamarra Ugle-Hagan, Rhylee West
R: Tim English, Adam Treloar, Tom Liberatore

Int: Jack Macrae, Laitham Vandermeer, Caleb Daniel, Arthur Jones, Oskar Baker, Buku Khamis, Luke Cleary, Jordon Sweet.

Handicaps

1691657642327.png

Pieman Substitutes

If required, Pieman substitutes will be applied in the following order:
Ugle-Hagan​
Bontempelli​
Naughton​
West​
Lobb​

PIEMAN RD 22 v Hawthorn

Scott (concussion) and JJ (calf) are out. Extended bench named but I agree with Dannnnnnnnnn - Macrae, Daniel and Vandermeer will all play and one of Baker or Arty Jones will be the last man in. The one who misses out will probably be sub, but it could also be Cleary.

Final team to be named around 5:30 tomorrow.

Hawthorn v Western Bulldogs​

Sunday 13 August, 1.10pm AEST
UTAS Stadium

B: Alex Keath, Liam Jones, Taylor Duryea
HB: Bailey Dale, James O’Donnell, Ed Richards
C: Caleb Poulter, Marcus Bontempelli, Bailey Williams
HF: Cody Weightman, Aaron Naughton, Bailey Smith
F: Rory Lobb, Jamarra Ugle-Hagan, Rhylee West
R: Tim English, Adam Treloar, Tom Liberatore

Int: Jack Macrae, Laitham Vandermeer, Caleb Daniel, Arthur Jones, Oskar Baker, Buku Khamis, Luke Cleary, Jordon Sweet.

Handicaps

View attachment 1770096

Pieman Substitutes

If required, Pieman substitutes will be applied in the following order:
Ugle-Hagan​
Bontempelli​
Naughton​
West​
Lobb​
Saw the tag and thought I won a round!

julie johnston GIF

Remove this Banner Ad