Game Day LIVE - AFL 2023 Draftwatch for the WB

Remove this Banner Ad

National Draft starts at 7pm tonight. Get a full esky and get comfy. It's only the first round but it might take a few hours if the AFL has got anything to do with it.

So we might as well have our own game day thread.

For those who want to follow on the main board there's also the thread started by @Ticky009 to which we're all invited. No reason you can't multitask.

Looking forward to some quality whinges and melts ("WTF is Matt Fuller?!" "Naughton?? I can't believe we didn't grab Aiden Bonar!"). If they're really good, prizes will be awarded.

Our picks (as at late afternoon) are 5, 48, 50, 52, 53, 56 and 69 ... but that's all about to change in mysterious and wondrous ways. Good luck keeping up with it all.

Here's the draft order etc thanks to Lore

Not looking forward to the first round taking an eternity. Remember when they could do this in one night? It's because they didn't try to do American bullshit.
Remember watching the 2020 draft when they did it in one night it finished at 11 O’clock

Should be an interesting first 20-30 minutes while the top draft picks are still able to be traded. After that it’ll just be waiting and hoping Beatson decides not to go full bidfap at their pick.

Slightly leaning towards taking Watson if available.

Sanders in his first few years will be played out of his favoured position at AFL level and the threat of Tasmania is always there.

Anything can happen with live trades though.

It's nice to have some sort of interest in the high end of the draft.

Annoying that we won't be back until after the midway point.
Reckon we'll have an interest most of the way through this year.

Obviously who gets picked from 1-6 will have a bearing on our pick, also any trades.

Then from about 12 onwards, it'll be hoping for non-Croft bids.

Once the Croft bid comes, it'll be interesting to see what we have left and if we can trade back in to get a bit higher.

Then from about 25 onwards, every non Lual pick will give us a little hope he may somehow get beyond 40.

Then we'll have at least 1 late pick towards the end.

Not looking forward to the first round taking an eternity. Remember when they could do this in one night? It's because they didn't try to do American bullshit.
Don't mind it being split over two nights, give some shine to the kids drafted after 30.

Reckon we'll have an interest most of the way through this year.

Obviously who gets picked from 1-6 will have a bearing on our pick, also any trades.

Then from about 12 onwards, it'll be hoping for non-Croft bids.

Once the Croft bid comes, it'll be interesting to see what we have left and if we can trade back in to get a bit higher.

Then from about 25 onwards, every non Lual pick will give us a little hope he may somehow get beyond 40.

Then we'll have at least 1 late pick towards the end.
Yeah. I reckon there might be a Sam Power special trade in there somewhere which would be cool.

Do you know what pick we will be left with after the Sydney bid?

Yeah. I reckon there might be a Sam Power special trade in there somewhere which would be cool.

Do you know what pick we will be left with after the Sydney bid?
We'll probably have 53, 56,57 and maybe a little extra (which will be slightly lower after bids are matched).

In theory they could be tradeable for a mid30s pick providing a suitable partner should be there at that stage. GCS most likely depending on what they've got left.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Completely forgot we have Croft likely tonight as well.
With his crazy good 2km time trial, we finally have another tall wingman to pair with Lobb...

So, young Sanders of Launceston or bust, eh?

If Mr. Dalrymple was still running the show, I suspect we wouldn't match young Croft as he would have a Howard/Fuller/unknown SA left-foot half-back waiting in the wings to better meet our needs.

Maybe Mr. Milesi uses pick 6 for an unknown kid or bolter, blows up the early picks, and the with everyone in shock, the opposition bid for young Croft comes in at 20+.

Actually, if I'm honest, I think it is a crock and yawn-fest, which seems to be the intent of the AFL. I will catch up on the complete summary Wednesday morning in an online publication of repute.

Good luck all, enjoy the show - have some caffeine on hand.

Viva Sanders of Launceston- or Watson of Biddleonia - or some unknown from Upper Kumbukta West.

Our (newest) saviour is almost at hand. Huzzah!

Sam Power warming up the death stare, whilst Chris Grant takes a quick nap.

Somewhere else in the building all other list managers start shuddering and they dont know why.

Sam Power warming up the death stare, whilst Chris Grant takes a quick nap.

Somewhere else in the building all other list managers start shuddering and they dont know why.

That's not a nap. They've spiked Christopher's drink - we don't want him trying to trade for Josh Schache again.

It will be like the Las Vegas Grand Prix, you'll get kicked out at 1am, because they can't pay security.

That’s where I am lol, refreshing the feed and it still hasn’t started? Wtf

Remove this Banner Ad

Back