Autopsy Pies win one for the ages!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Brain damage? Concussion in AFL / sport is a real thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cool your jets mate. Just having a joke because he’s a dumbarse who hates Collingwood.

As far as I know he doesn’t actually have a brain injury, or suffer concussion syndrome or whatever it’s called. However, he is stupid.

That’s the joke.

Cool your jets mate. Just having a joke because he’s a dumbarse who hates Collingwood.

As far as I know he doesn’t actually have a brain injury, or suffer concussion syndrome or whatever it’s called. However, he is stupid.

That’s the joke.

What about Ling saying that West Coasts Grand Final win was amazing because they had so many players missing......wtf. :drunk:

What about Ling saying that West Coasts Grand Final win was amazing because they had so many players missing......wtf. :drunk:
They should punch fewer people then.

Collingwood produced their finest victory of the 2019 season to prevail by 1 point against the reigning premiers West Coast. The Magpies overcame a 16-point deficit at Three Quarter Time, before playing a forward half game in the final quarter, where the footy was kept inside Collingwood's forward arc which allowed plenty of opportunities for the Woods to score and ultimately edge past the Eagles, before displaying composure in the last minute of play to maintain possession and milk the clock to ensure victory was secured.

Collingwood won their statistical categories from disposals by +46 (402 - 356), handballs were +57 (191 - 134), +32 for contested possessions (158 - 126), uncontested possessions were +12 (242 - 230), while intercept possessions were won by +11 (75 - 64), +9 for Tackles Inside 50 (16 - 7), and +9 for Inside 50's (52 - 43). West Coast had their gains from kicks by +11 (222 - 211), hit-outs by +6 (42 - 36), +1 from clearances (42 - 41), centre clearances by +1 (14 - 13), +17 for marks (97 - 80), uncontested marks by +17 (87 - 70), Marks Inside 50 were +5 (13 - 8), and +2 for tackles (66 - 64). Stoppage clearances (28 each) and Contested Marks (10 apiece) were level.

Adam Treloar (39 disposals @ 69%, 190 metres gained, 16 contested possessions, 23 uncontested possessions, 5 intercept possessions, 14 kicks, 25 handballs, 6 tackles, 5 score involvements, 7 clearances, 2 centre clearances, 5 stoppage clearances, 3 Inside 50's & 3 Rebound 50's) was extremely prolific on transition with his link-up play by hand from defence, while being lively at stoppages.

Steele Sidebottom (33 disposals @ 73%, 550 metres gained, 14 contested possessions, 19 uncontested possessions, 8 intercept possessions, 18 kicks, 15 handballs, 5 marks, 6 tackles, 5 score involvements, 6 clearances, 2 centre clearances, 4 stoppage clearances, 5 Inside 50's & 2 Rebound 50's) was everywhere in the second half. Sidebottom was able to run forward to pump it forward or keep possession, while gathering groundballs expertly to dispose of it effectively.

Scott Pendlebury (32 disposals @ 78%, 573 metres gained, 11 contested possessions, 21 uncontested possessions, 6 intercept possessions, 18 kicks, 14 handballs, 2 marks, 3 tackles, 6 score involvements, 4 clearances, 3 stoppage clearances, 5 Inside 50's & 2 Rebound 50's) was very clinical in the clinches, while displaying poise when he had time and space to kick the ball.

Jack Crisp (30 disposals @ 80%, 400 metres gained, 10 contested possessions, 20 uncontested possessions, 4 intercept possessions, 10 kick, 20 handballs, 3 marks, 9 tackles, 3 Tackles Inside 50, 5 score involvements, 6 clearances, 6 stoppage clearances, 6 Inside 50's & 2 Rebound 50's) thrived in his new role by matching the influence of his direct opponent Elliot Yeo. Crisp also spent a bit of time on Jack Redden.

Brodie Grundy (22 disposals @ 50%, 311 metres gained, 12 contested possessions, 10 uncontested possessions, 2 intercept possessions, 12 kicks, 10 handballs, 31 hit-outs, 4 marks, 8 tackles, 3 Tackles Inside 50, 8 score involvements, 6 clearances, 3 centre clearances, 3 stoppage clearances & 3 Insdie 50's) fought through a tough contest against Nic Naitanui, before dominating against Tom Hickey to give his side enough opportunities to win the game.

Tom Phillips (21 disposals @ 62%, 254 metres gained, 8 contested possessions, 13 uncontested possessions, 5 intercept possessions, 12 kicks, 9 handballs, 4 marks, 2 tackles, 6 score involvements & 2 goals) did not have his best game, but got forward at crucial times to score majors.

James Aish (24 disposals @ 79%, 428 metres gained, 7 contested possessions, 17 uncontested possessions, 8 intercept possessions, 12 kicks, 12 handballs, 9 marks, 2 tackles, 4 score involvements, 2 clearances, 2 stoppage clearances, 4 Inside 50's & 3 Rebound 50's) stepped up to fill the void caused by Jack Crisp's move into the midfield.

Levi Greenwood (19 disposals @ 79%, 265 metres gained, 4 contested possessions, 15 uncontested possessions, 3 intercept possessions, 11 kicks, 8 handballs, 6 marks, 4 tackle & 2 Inside 50's) was rock solid with his marking game and ball use from defence.

John Noble (18 disposals @ 67%, 202 metres gained, 5 contested possessions, 13 uncontested possessions, 4 intercept possessions, 8 kicks, 10 handballs, 2 marks, 2 Inside 50's & 2 Rebound 50's) had a very lively debut. Noble got better the longer the game went.

Brayden Maynard (17 disposals @ 82%, 619 metres gained, 5 contested possessions, 12 uncontested possessions, 6 intercept possessions, 6 marks, 2 tackles & 6 Rebound 50's) played an exceptional game as an undersized defender on Jack Darling. Maynard was still able to attack from each mark he was able to take.

Jordan De Goey (22 disposals @ 68%, 425 metres gained, 11 contested possessions, 11 uncontested possessions, 2 intercept possessions, 14 kicks, 8 handballs, 2 marks, 2 tackles, 7 score involvements, 3 clearances, 2 centre clearances, 4 Inside 50's & 2 goals) spent more midfield time against the Eagles, yet he still impacted the scoreboard whenever he went forward.

Brody Mihocek (19 disposals @ 58%, 447 metres gained, 9 contested possessions, 10 uncontested possessions, 14 kicks, 5 handballs, 10 marks, 5 Contested Marks, 3 Marks Inside 50, 3 tackles, 2 Tackles Inside 50, 2 goal assists, 8 score involvements, 4 Inside 50's & 4 goals) played his best game of the season by scoring 3 first half goals, before slotting a set shot in the final term that got the Woods within striking distance, before the team got over the line.

Mason Cox (13 disposals @ 69%, 121 metres gained, 6 contested possessions, 7 uncontested possessions, 7 kicks, 6 handballs, 5 hit-outs, 6 marks, 2 Contested Marks, 3 Marks Inside 50, 4 score involvements & 3 goals) found form with all of his goals coming in the first two quarters.

Collingwood's next game will be against GWS at GIANTS Stadium on July 20. Look to build on that fantastic victory in Perth by producing scoreboard pressure on the Giants in every quarter to get the victory and keep 2nd on the ladder in the process.

Rewatching Sier was ok actually.
Worked his way into the game.

Usually picked good options.
Handballs very solid and kicking with cleverness.

Not tempting fate but looks to be getting back to his bearbest.
Sier was much better in the 2nd half. As you say Roughead has been a terrific recruit, though excuses have been made for Kennedy that he is out of form. Even Noble looked to have gained some confidence and poise in the 2nd half and 18 possessions was a decent tally for a debut game.
What dreadful news. So we lose Moore and Sidebottom for numerous weeks. Scharenberg will return but Hopefully someone else becomes available to replace Crocker.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I guess we can just use the pic from last time

Pendles.jpg

Jay Clark's article about Pendles reminds me of something you would expect from someone writing about their big brother. He says that Pendles would be in running for all australian captaincy a few lines after saying that he is going to miss matches. Maybe Jay picks the team on who buys him a Parma down the pub he promotes on the podcast...

Plenty of room for everyone here Saintly I'm happy for anyone to have their say and have learned to discipline my negative reactions to a few.

There are a couple - not TG - that I would happily banish for eternity for there brazen trolling and constant unfounded attacks of club and staff but for the most part we have a great community.
Yep don't mind Jonno - he certainly has taken a few too many to the head but that is more courage than 95% of the posters here could ever muster.
So you’ve learned to keep your negative posts at a minimum but on the same page you take a swipe at 95% of the board with no provocation. Hypocrite.

Jay Clark's article about Pendles reminds me of something you would expect from someone writing about their big brother. He says that Pendles would be in running for all australian captaincy a few lines after saying that he is going to miss matches. Maybe Jay picks the team on who buys him a Parma down the pub he promotes on the podcast...

Think Grundy is our only candidate for AA given that he plays every game and consistently. Jordy might be in with a show but he missed matches as well.

Think Grundy is our only candidate for AA given that he plays every game and consistently. Jordy might be in with a show but he missed matches as well.
Candidates this season is the certainty of Grundy then let’s look at (that’s they will be discussed or at least be discussed) Pendlebury, Crisp, De Goey.

De Goey already 30 plus goals so he might be the third power forward type.

The bolster for discussion is Roughead.

That said Grundy is our only certain AA player.
Crisp should be and really Pendlebury has earned a possible spot.

Well played last night, wanted it far more than my mob, current rivalry between us is reminding me of our Sydney games back in 05 and 06.

Not true, what did happen certainly in the last the Pies suffocated their opposition and burnt them on the ball win. That's the brand wc is not used to from Collingwood - that's the Pies one wood, deny the opposition transition play.

Lack of effort on the part of the eagles is just another way of saying "if we tried harder we'd have won because we're better than you" - that's a little disrespectful.

You may have a better list but one could argue the Pies system is more difficult to defeat.

The risk in the Pies game is if they lose the contested ball they get exposed with the opp's transtion. There were a few times in that the game that wc won the contested ball outnumbered inside then linked up with numbers for smooth I50's.

Zero to do with desire.

Little bit belated but now that my tears have dried up I thought I’d drop in to congratulate you on a fantastic, gutsy win. You guys clearly wanted the points more and it showed, had more ticker when it counted. Coming to our place and leaving with 4 points is no mean feat, well done.

That's speculation at best, if you're referring to the last qtr and a half it's because Pies suffocated the opposition - something wc is not used to from the Pies. I've replied in similar fashion to another wc poster on this thread.

Tbh it's a little disrespectful to imply that wc lacked desire to the level of their opposition, that's not fair on them or their opposition.

Well having watched the replay, some credit to the coaching panel (WHE/Crisp moves) but for mine the players really stood up, backed up and protected each other. Mihocek playing closer to goal, Cox much improved.

Shows our system holds up as long as players play their role.

Candidates this season is the certainty of Grundy then let’s look at (that’s they will be discussed or at least be discussed) Pendlebury, Crisp, De Goey.

De Goey already 30 plus goals so he might be the third power forward type.

The bolster for discussion is Roughead.

That said Grundy is our only certain AA player.
Crisp should be and really Pendlebury has earned a possible spot.

Don't think Roughie will oust one of the favourites for defender because in overall stats Moore just last week was in some top twenty categories but Roughie sometimes performs solidly without attracting high numbers, for example 7 touches against WC. Roughie has played every game so they will look at consistency, even though he had a slowish start. You would think though the judges might fall for some of the glamour defenders who stand out more with their dash etc. It is funny how his season has been the inverse of Moore's who seemed to considered an AA lock earlier on.

I agree that Crisp is in with a shout though because he always gets high numbers and he stands out with his run and penetrating kicking.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back