Player by player breakdown of Better, Same, Worse (than last season)

Remove this Banner Ad

For me, what i expect to see this season:

Worse:
Thommo - Reports of moving to the HBF and trying to add another string to his bow indicates the end is near. He won't survive.
Mackay - Career best season last, and should be out of the side sooner rather then later.
Jenkins - Career best season last, will probably drop his output to around 40-45 goals. This isn't a bad thing, providing the slack is picked up by our midfield.
Jacobs - Yes. Big call this, but the game is moving from lumbering ruckmen and we seem adverse to managing him. Hopefully we've smartened up, but i'm not too sure.
Cheney - I suppose this is by technicality, but i expect him to lose his spot next season.
Douglas - If he doesn't get a full time midfield spot, he will get worse. I don't expect him to get a big midfield role.

Same:
Tex - Didn't have the best season last, but i dunno if our system will allow him to really be a dominant force. I could be wrong, but i'm treating him as an at worse thing.
Sloane - Little improvement left, and i doubt will drop output.
Eddie - See Sloane
Talia - Started to add other strings, but it's hard to expect much more improvement from him.
Lynch - Hit his ceiling.
Laird - Hit his ceiling.
CEY - I don't see him getting good enough to earn a spot in our midfield, and i expect to see him delisted by the end of this season.
Otten - Depth, and again should be his last year on our list.
Hartigan - Really stepped up last season, but i'm hesitant to expect anymore improvement from him.
Wigg - Great left leg, but i struggle to see him breaking into our side.
Gore - I don't mind Gore, but again i struggle to see him him forcing himself in.
Keath - Looks good, but i don't see him forcing his way in without injuries.
Brown - I expect him to return to the level he was playing in 2014-15
I don't expect to see Beech/Hunter breaking through.

Better:
B.Crouch - Gets through the season injury free, and if he puts in the effort required then we should start to really scratch the surface in terms of what he offers as a player.
Knight - Stays injury free and i would be surprised if he doesn't play at least 15 games.
Hampton - I expect him to break into our best 22 this season.
Menzel - Should break into our best squad this season.
Greenwood - I'm excited for him, and also expect him to play some games.
McGovern - Has to add a midfield component to his game, but he should keep on an upwards trajectory.
Cameron - Needs more midfield minutes, but he should improve.
M.Crouch - He'll improve in terms of production, but that's purely due to being our main inside midfielder and getting more TOG. I reckon we're close to his ceiling though, not that i'm fussed as it's pretty much a Thommo clone.
Atkins - Has to take the next step or will end up on the scrapheap soon. I reckon he will.
Lever - Pretty safe bet to be honest.
O'Brien - Should get a few games as a deputy, and will continue on his natural curve of development.
Milera - Huge talent and should be gearing to play a full season at AFL level.
Smith - Gets more midfield minutes and he should step up. Still, it's hard to argue there is much improvement in him without that happening, or Seedsman getting into the 22.
Seedsman - Gives Smith support, and should be breaking into the squad.
Doedee - Should get 5-10 games this season.
Galluci-Poholke-Other 1st year players - It'd be cruel to not expect improvement for them.
Dear - Should get 2-3 games to manage Tex/Jenkins.
Pretty much agree with all these

But thinking Walker age wise and if injury free should be at the peak of his powers so will expect a career best year from him

Edit - don't share your concerns with Atkins . Has shown enough on field and with his presentation to pre season training that he has what it takes to keep improving and make it

Pretty much agree with all these

But thinking Walker age wise and if injury free should be at the peak of his powers so will expect a career best year from him

Edit - don't share your concerns with Atkins . Has shown enough on field and with his presentation to pre season training that he has what it takes to keep improving and make it

I want him to have a career best year, but as said i'm not too sure if our system will allow it.

Atkins i also believe he does, but he's at 20-30 games and is the incumbent. He has to pretty much lock in his spot now, or else with the players behind him, he may not get another shot.

Sloane, Tex, JJ, Talia, Laird, Lynch, Smith, Hartigan, Brown, M Crouch, Atkins = Same

B Crouch, Knight, Cameron, Lever, Keith, Wigg, Milera, Greenwood, Hampton, Menzel = Improve

Sauce, Thomo, Douglas, Betts, = Backwards

Eddie has improved every year since making the move to Adelaide. So why are so many predicting his decline next year?

Since arriving in 2014 his goal tally has consistently increased as has nearly all of his vital stats.

2014...51 goals
2015...63 goals
2016...75 goals

I think this guy is only limited by our ability to get the ball to him. This in my opinion would be his only barrier to a better season.
To put a ceiling on his individual abilities is selling him short.

Feel Jenkins is a little soft as much as people say he works hard to get the goals in the goal square he hardly took a contested mark all year..
Our Round 1 team should look like this..

Smith Hartigan Lever
Hampton Talia Seedsman
Milera Sloane Knight
Lynch Walker Betts
Cey Mcgovern Jenkins

Centre
Sloane
B Crouch
M Crouch
Rotate Seeds, Smith, Laird, Hampton, Betts, Milera, CEY, Lynch etc through the centre.
I know i missed out Laird and Thomo and few others but god damn i don't want McKay or Douglas in the team and Thomo as much as i love him he needs to play 10 games or less and then depending if we make finals and the oppisition put Thomo in for experince and he will be fresh.

I know i missed out Laird and Thomo and few others
WAT

E473812D2C1352847810483122176_5cfe0ade34d.21.0.jpg

Eddie has improved every year since making the move to Adelaide. So why are so many predicting his decline next year?

Since arriving in 2014 his goal tally has consistently increased as has nearly all of his vital stats.

2014...51 goals
2015...63 goals
2016...75 goals

I think this guy is only limited by our ability to get the ball to him. This in my opinion would be his only barrier to a better season.
To put a ceiling on his individual abilities is selling him short.
So by 2020 he will be kicking 150 goals a season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back