Player Sponsorship Player sponsor dinner 2014

Will you be attending the BigFooty player sponsor dinner?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Time to start organising a dinner at The Port Club (this worked very well last year) for our sponsorship group with our sponsored players.

We need to give a couple of weeks notice and note the following restriction:

It can’t be on their designated day off which is Tuesday before a Saturday game and Wednesday before a Sunday game, also avoid Friday or Saturday.

So player sponsor contributors start giving me a few suggestions for a date for the dinner. I can run a poll based on a few dates or maybe we can agree in this thread.

Port have upcoming home games against Melbourne, Sunday 20 July and Sydney, 9 August.

Those who were there last year will remember that Matt Broadbent and Tom Jonas were great ambassadors for the club I think we all had a great time, even the players. :D

Assuming it wont be next week

Rd 17 v Richmond @ Docklands Sunday 13th July so Wednesday 9th is out
Rd 18 v Melbourne @ AO Sunday 20th so Wednesday 16th is out
Rd 19 v Collingwood @ MCG Sunday 3rd August (split round) so Wednesday 30th July is out
Rd 20 v Sydney @AO Saturday night 9th so Tuesday 5th is out
Rd 21 v Gold Coast @ Carrara Saturday 16th so Tuesday 12th is out
Rd 22 v Carlton @AO Friday night 23rd so I guess both Tuesday 20th and Wednesday 21st are out.

So Ford can we ask the club if we can do it during the split round? the players usually get 4 days off to go home. So either the night before their day off or the day after they come back is a possibility.

So Ford can we ask the club if we can do it during the split round? the players usually get 4 days off to go home. So either the night before their day off or the day after they come back is a possibility.

That would be the week beginning 21 July? They play Sunday the 20th so if the 4 days off starts on the Monday, they will be back Friday which the club would not prefer and the players might not want to come straight back to a commitment. I know they're not playing but they could have a heavy training weekend set.

Anyway I can ask and see how the wind blows.

That would be the week beginning 21 July? They play Sunday the 20th so if the 4 days off starts on the Monday, they will be back Friday which the club would not prefer and the players might not want to come straight back to a commitment. I know they're not playing but they could have a heavy training weekend set.

Anyway I can ask and see how the wind blows.

If they come back on a Friday then they might get smashed by Burgo on a Saturday. players may not want a Saturday night.. That might leave it open for Sunday lunch or Sunday evening say 5-30 to 8-30/9-00 to let players go early.

Redden would be free. Ah Chee might not go home as he might have Magpies commitments.

Just checked the Magpies commitment, they play North at Alberton on 12th July at Alberton, then have the next week off and then play the crows at Alberton on 26th July

Most likely date for the player sponsor dinner is Monday 21 July 2014 at The Port Club. It is in the week before the bye and before the players have their designated time off.

So start clearing your diaries/schedules. ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Player sponsor dinner is confirmed for 6pm Monday 21 July 2014 at The Port Club.

If you are a player sponsor contributor please advise via the attached poll whether you can attend or not so I can confirm numbers.

And get some questions ready for our players as we will be doing a Q&A again. Post them in this thread.

Hollow wasteland standing by

28i5gk8.jpg

Back