Players to training for Local junior sides.

Remove this Banner Ad

HELLSBELLS

Club Legend
Jun 18, 2007
VIC
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Bayern Munich
HI Guys,

Does anyone know if you can get players to attend kids training and how its done ? I'm guessing you cant anymore but thought id ask here if anyone knew.

Thanks all

Go Kangas.

Probably best to contact the club.

It would be a shame if they don't do it anymore. One of the highlights of my junior footy career was when a few Saints players came to training and I got paired up with the late great Trevor Barker in one of the training drills. Although, in all fairness, this encounter still didn't sway my allegiances from North to the Saints. They were (and still are) absolute cack.

HI Guys,

Does anyone know if you can get players to attend kids training and how its done ? I'm guessing you cant anymore but thought id ask here if anyone knew.

Thanks all

Go Kangas.

I imagine the current wave of Covid sweeping through the community, especially kids, would mean the club and AFL are risk averse and hence NOT allowing players to attend community club training HB.

It doesn’t hurt to ask the club directly though.

A highlight of my school footy training was when Slug Jordan (then the VFL U19’s coaching guru) took over training.

I imagine the current wave of Covid sweeping through the community, especially kids, would mean the club and AFL are risk averse and hence NOT allowing players to attend community club training HB.

It doesn’t hurt to ask the club directly though.

A highlight of my school footy training was when Slug Jordan (then the VFL U19’s coaching guru) took over training.

Yeh that's what i was thinking that Covid may have put a stop to it. Have sent off a message to ask.

We had Tom Hafey come when i was in under 16s and it was incredible.

My kids all had Hawks players attend training over the years. I think different leagues are allocated to different teams. My youngest still thinks CJ is the coolest player in the AFL.

My son went to Boundary rd.primary Nth.Melb. ( which Kennett closed ) then onto Kensington primary. Their u'10's footy coach ? The great David Calthorpe in his Kangaroos days ! He pi$$ed off one day about 3/4 time and handed me the coaching reins. I had a lovely African girl as my ruck complete with hijab and little english.

Kids had fun anyway 🤣

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back