Players who have gone on one year too long

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure why Burgoyne carried on. His team are bottom four and he isn’t contributing. Looks like he wants to just clock up 400.

Jarryn Geary I doubt he will play again

I too have wondered why Burgoyne is being carried to 400. Him being the Medical Emergency is a joke (a lot of Hawk supporters are calling their club out on this selection).

What does he add to the Hawks, if they are going to sit him on the pine ?.

I too have wondered why Burgoyne is being carried to 400. Him being the Medical Emergency is a joke (a lot of Hawk supporters are calling their club out on this selection).

Not really being carried, he is not in our bottom 6 players and we don't need his list spot or cap space so why not keep him around for 1 more year?

I would rather a veteran that’s resting be a medical sub than a young guy that’s missing out of getting full game time in the VFL just the be there, just in case.

I'm fine with Burgoyne being carried to 400 games because we're not in contention this year and it will give the club a nice, little, celebration in what will most likely be a lean year. We did it with Chris Langford to get to 300 games in similar circumstances.

I'm fine with Burgoyne being carried to 400 games because we're not in contention this year and it will give the club a nice, little, celebration in what will most likely be a lean year. We did it with Chris Langford to get to 300 games in similar circumstances.

Totally agree. It is such a rarity in our game and it is not costing you a lot if he only plays a handful of good games throughout the year. You need to have senior players in your team regardless and it might as well be someone closer to the 400 even if he is not in your plans moving forward.

Preconceived? Nope! The history is on my side.

I don't know why you are defending the fact that my club has been unable to develop young talent. How exactly do you benefit from this? Bit of a cheap shot.

But go off and call me a "clown".

I don't benefit from it? I just disagree that somehow you think 2 of 25 picks coming on doesn't at least have a BIT of bad picking about it. You've clearly got the idea in your head it is only development because SOS is amazing, and then no matter what stats you found you were going to claim it supports your view.

Joel Selwood
I was waiting for his name to come up. Coaches gave him 10/10 two weeks ago and he was easily in our best on Sunday.

If you'd said Luke Dahlhaus, I'd agree

Ziebell is not old but plays like he's 45.

Frawley, Zaharakis, Jenkins, Hartlett, McKernan.

Zaharakis would've been delisted years ago at any other club. Such a pedestrian player.

Hartlett has looked alright. Probably a permanent back pocket these days, but he's comfortably AFL standard and obviously had some big moments 1 on 1 and with his long range goal against the Tigers.

Amazing Frawley went on. Looked cooked years ago and predictably got injured after starting later in the pre-season. Huge waste of a list spot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kade Simpson reckons he's gone one year too few.

Zaharakis would've been delisted years ago at any other club. Such a pedestrian player.

Hartlett has looked alright. Probably a permanent back pocket these days, but he's comfortably AFL standard and obviously had some big moments 1 on 1 and with his long range goal against the Tigers.

Amazing Frawley went on. Looked cooked years ago and predictably got injured after starting later in the pre-season. Huge waste of a list spot.

Small sample size but hartlett has been shocking. He was slightly improved in the second half against Richmond so maybe he's working his way back into it after injury.

How is David McKay still on a list?

From Essendon Zaharakis and Hurley haven’t played but I expect each are cooked.

Hurley doesn’t fit this thread, you can’t say a freak infection preventing him from playing means he went a year too long. Zaharakis was playing good footy before his injury last year, you’d want to see him play some games before writing him off.

Paddy Dow

Ziebell is not old but plays like he's 45.

Frawley, Zaharakis, Jenkins, Hartlett, McKernan.

jack's been decent in his new role. looks fitter and faster than he has been in a while, his problems (bombing it long without thinking and not keeping his feet) are the same ones he's always had

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back