Draft Expert PMBangers' (and ‘friends’) 2022 Draft Board

Remove this Banner Ad

What’s Ginbey like as a defender? Dogs absolutely need another defender who can actually defend.
Very good, plays small and tall and locks down extremely well

Who's the most realistic option that Essendon might be able to draft who shows outstanding leadership qualities outside of Wardlaw? I've been hearing Humphries name pop up a bit with regards to leadership.

Jhye Clark

Danny Devito Smh GIF

Who's the most realistic option that Essendon might be able to draft who shows outstanding leadership qualities outside of Wardlaw? I've been hearing Humphries name pop up a bit with regards to leadership.
It's been noted by Gippsland staff that Humphrey is a really strong leader so could be an option. I'll be honest it's hard to really comment on prospects leadership abilities, if all you're looking for is guys that direct team mates on field then Sheezel is a great option, but I don't regularly speak to the prospects enough to get much of a feel for anything deeper than that

A lot of upsets in the NAB League wildcard round, Oakleigh and GWV losing in particular is just shocking given their comparative lists strength over their opponents, but a lot of 2023/2024 prospects will get their chance to shine from teams like Calder, Bendigo and Northern which is the positive to it all. Given the way the finals bracket sits now, I'm expecting a Gippsland v Dandenong Grand Final which will be a great watch (weather permitting), but might have Country coaches on edge with the Metro v Country game not long after

A lot of upsets in the NAB League wildcard round, Oakleigh and GWV losing in particular is just shocking given their comparative lists strength over their opponents, but a lot of 2023/2024 prospects will get their chance to shine from teams like Calder, Bendigo and Northern which is the positive to it all. Given the way the finals bracket sits now, I'm expecting a Gippsland v Dandenong Grand Final which will be a great watch (weather permitting), but might have Country coaches on edge with the Metro v Country game not long after

Will there be an U17's game on men's GF day?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey PMBangers.
Just checking on Collingwood’s likely pickups for this seasons draft.
Who’s looking at being Collingwood’s first round pick?
Obviously to hard to predict the 3rd rounders, so in terms of our NGA kids, Riley Voulanas and Yuyu Ashwin - is it likely they’ll get picked up at the draft, rookie draft or unlikely to be picked up at all - what’s your mail telling you.
Cheers

Hey PMBangers.
Just checking on Collingwood’s likely pickups for this seasons draft.
Who’s looking at being Collingwood’s first round pick?
Obviously to hard to predict the 3rd rounders, so in terms of our NGA kids, Riley Voulanas and Yuyu Ashwin - is it likely they’ll get picked up at the draft, rookie draft or unlikely to be picked up at all - what’s your mail telling you.
Cheers
Collingwood's first round pick seems likely to end up at another club!
But if it stays with you guys, I think Jefferson would be the absolute dream as a promising KPF option, but after that I think some midfield options like Hollands, Szybkowski, Hustwaite (sort of) would add quite a bit to your list, given that you're looking pretty good for small/ medium options up either end.

I'd be surprised if either of them end up National Draft selections tbh, especially given neither made the Metro team and Voulanas wasn't even trialled. Ashwin I think would be a good rookie selection given his kicking and speed, if he was given the right development I think he could end up a really damaging winger.

I reckon we gauge what Parish is thinking about a contract extension. Possibly even offer him one now and get him to buy in.
If he says no, then thank him for the service, shift him this year for the deal we want or let him take FA next year (and we bank a top 4 pick)

Clark would slide into his spot and compliment Hobbs, Perkins, Caldwell & Merrett quite nicely moving forward.
Reckon we can move up the board with 22 as well (22, 40, 56 -> Lions 1st perhaps) and look at Szybkowski or Hollands around there. Maybe Phillipou if he slides.

I reckon we gauge what Parish is thinking about a contract extension. Possibly even offer him one now and get him to buy in.
If he says no, then thank him for the service, shift him this year for the deal we want or let him take FA next year (and we bank a top 4 pick)

Clark would slide into his spot and compliment Hobbs, Perkins, Caldwell & Merrett quite nicely moving forward.
Reckon we can move up the board with 22 as well (22, 40, 56 -> Lions 1st perhaps) and look at Szybkowski or Hollands around there. Maybe Phillipou if he slides.

Parish or anyone who isn't a fringe player would be mad to accept an offer now unless it was grossly over the odds.

Likewise expecting to get any real actionable indication by offering one now when we have no Coach, CEO, new President and a review being undertaken is setting yourself up for failure.

Why do we need to draft more leaders? I want the best competitive, uncompromising footballer. Leadership by actions, not words.

Parish or anyone who isn't a fringe player would be mad to accept an offer now unless it was grossly over the odds.

Likewise expecting to get any real actionable indication by offering one now when we have no Coach, CEO, new President and a review being undertaken is setting yourself up for failure.
or success by pushing Parish out and loading up on 2 way running players who are team orientated :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back