Draft Expert PMBangers' (and ‘friends’) 2022 Draft Board

Remove this Banner Ad

While we're talking Anglos......I can't remember but does anybody recall if this guy was good at footy? Must have been a WA 16;'s squad member.

Photo courtesy of the Heraldsun.

943e4c826cc733abd82e865bd1470312

I reckon the clubs put speed and power above endurance. Endurance can be trained, if you aren't quick, you will never be quick. e.g. Maurice Riloi Jnr couldn't run 400m without needing a breather, now his repeat efforts are off the charts.
While true, someone like George Hewett has an absolutely horrific running speed. He just trundles along all day long though

I reckon the clubs put speed and power above endurance. Endurance can be trained, if you aren't quick, you will never be quick. e.g. Maurice Riloi Jnr couldn't run 400m without needing a breather, now his repeat efforts are off the charts.

couldn’t run a 2km time trial without being attacked by birds either

Anyone going to draft Ziggy Toledo?
A team of my favourite names in this year's draft:

Harry Sheezel
Mitch Szybkowski
Henry Hustwaite
Jaxon Binns
Josh Weddle
Adam D'Aloia
Harry Rowston
Shadeau Brain (how is that first name pronounced? "Shadow"?)
Jonti Schuback
Finn Emile-Brennan
Beau Tedcastle
Rye Penny
Steely Green
Yuyu Ashwin
Dayne Posthuma
Daniel Gathercole
Hugo Nosiara
Charlie Vallelonga
Toby McQuilkin
Ziggy Toledo
Kelsey Rypstra
Chase Bourne (it's what the FBI did in those movies)

Harry Sheezel
Mitch Szybkowski
Henry Hustwaite
Jaxon Binns
Josh Weddle
Adam D'Aloia
Harry Rowston
Jonti Schuback
Finn Emile-Brennan
Beau Tedcastle
Rye Penny
Steely Green
Yuyu Ashwin
Dayne Posthuma
Daniel Gathercole
Hugo Nosiara
Charlie Vallelonga
Toby McQuilkin
Ziggy Toledo
Kelsey Rypstra
I have also had similar questions regarding Shadeau's name, I have been too scared to tell people how good I think he is for the pure fact I do not know how to pronounce that first name

Harry Sheezel
Mitch Szybkowski
Henry Hustwaite
Jaxon Binns
Josh Weddle
Adam D'Aloia
Harry Rowston
Jonti Schuback
Finn Emile-Brennan
Beau Tedcastle
Rye Penny
Steely Green
Yuyu Ashwin
Dayne Posthuma
Daniel Gathercole
Hugo Nosiara
Charlie Vallelonga
Toby McQuilkin
Ziggy Toledo
Kelsey Rypstra
7c9aed6c5371cdea7208b074bf774a93.jpg

Harry Sheezel
Mitch Szybkowski
Henry Hustwaite
Jaxon Binns
Josh Weddle
Adam D'Aloia
Harry Rowston
Jonti Schuback
Finn Emile-Brennan
Beau Tedcastle
Rye Penny
Steely Green
Yuyu Ashwin
Dayne Posthuma
Daniel Gathercole
Hugo Nosiara
Charlie Vallelonga
Toby McQuilkin
Ziggy Toledo
Kelsey Rypstra
Think French, with Shadeau, is my guess? Shadew or Shallow???

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can someone help me see what I'm supposed to be seeing in Tsatas? Hard to argue with the numbers, but, I dunno, everytime I watch him I'm just...unconvinced.

I see a receiver type who runs more one way than the other, has an albeit impressive knack of getting the ball and carrying it, and doesn't do anything particularly remarkable with it.
I can tell you others in higher places agree.

September Top 50
top 50 xx 18.09.22.PNG
So with two of the main U18's comps having their seasons completely done and dusted, it's a good opportunity to come out with a fresh rankings. Thought I'd take it to top 50 given we're getting closer to the period where fans will know where abouts their clubs will be selecting. As always happy to answer questions, I have a list of about 50 more players I view as 'draftable' as well, so there's depth in the draft but I'm not 100% convinced on anyone from about 35 onwards which is partially exciting and frustrating.

In terms of tiers, I probably see it as the Top 5 in Tier 1, 6-12 Tier 2, 13-30 Tier 3, 31-46 Tier 4 and the rest from there are all on a similar level

View attachment 1511211
So with two of the main U18's comps having their seasons completely done and dusted, it's a good opportunity to come out with a fresh rankings. Thought I'd take it to top 50 given we're getting closer to the period where fans will know where abouts their clubs will be selecting. As always happy to answer questions, I have a list of about 50 more players I view as 'draftable' as well, so there's depth in the draft but I'm not 100% convinced on anyone from about 35 onwards which is partially exciting and frustrating.

In terms of tiers, I probably see it as the Top 5 in Tier 1, 6-12 Tier 2, 13-30 Tier 3, 31-46 Tier 4 and the rest from there are all on a similar level
Bangers - 3 from me:

1. With only the 1 ruck (plus Keeler) in your list, are there any others in you extra 50-odd?

2. I’m Interested in your thoughts on those previously in your monthly top-30s who have now fallen out of your top-50 (Scully, Munkara, others?) and whether they’re still in that next bucket of 50 or if you’d be surprised if they get drafted.

3. How clear is the cutoff between your Tier 2 and Tier 3? Dogs look like having pick #12 post Ashcroft - would pick #12 for GWS picks #20 (from Richmond) and #22 (both might slip for Amon, McStay compo) make sense to you value wise?

Bangers - 3 from me:

1. With only the 1 ruck (plus Keeler) in your list, are there any others in you extra 50-odd?

2. I’m Interested in your thoughts on those previously in your monthly top-30s who have now fallen out of your top-50 (Scully, Munkara, others?) and whether they’re still in that next bucket of 50 or if you’d be surprised if they get drafted.

3. How clear is the cutoff between your Tier 2 and Tier 3? Dogs look like having pick #12 post Ashcroft - would pick #12 for GWS picks #20 (from Richmond) and #22 (both might slip for Amon, McStay compo) make sense to you value wise?
1. Yeah there's a couple that have played ruck, but probably aren't tall enough at the next level like Will Verrell (199 cm), Phoenix Foster (199cm?), Felix Fogarty (198 cm) and Olivier Northam (195 cm), all four have shown a bit as forwards at various stages, but I think Verrell and Northam would struggle at the next level without playing a fair amount of ruck. Then Max Knobel and Hudson O'Keeffe are two that are main rucks (both over 200 cm), Knobel will be a very long term prospect, I'd say he'll take 5 seasons at least before he's physically ready for AFL level, O'Keeffe's main concern is endurance, but if he got that right I think he'd be a suitable back up ruck.

2. Yeah all are still in contention, but have just dropped down due to various concerns and doubts on whether they'll reach the level. Scully's is probably one of my early season regrets, I went high because others did despite having doubts, but I do think he's still a worthwhile prospect later in the draft if a club has the patience to work with him as he physically matures and improves on the more contested part of his game

3. It varies player to player, I don't think the gap between Hotton and Hollands is as big as the one between Hotton and Gilbey, but it's more of a cut off point for me, I wouldn't take any of those in Tier 3 over Tier 2's, but those within Tier 3 I can see going anywhere in that range. Personally I'd be more keen for the Pick 12, but if you've got a list that has a couple of small holes rather than some obvious ones the two picks in the 20's is probably better

1. Yeah there's a couple that have played ruck, but probably aren't tall enough at the next level like Will Verrell (199 cm), Phoenix Foster (199cm?), Felix Fogarty (198 cm) and Olivier Northam (195 cm), all four have shown a bit as forwards at various stages, but I think Verrell and Northam would struggle at the next level without playing a fair amount of ruck. Then Max Knobel and Hudson O'Keeffe are two that are main rucks (both over 200 cm), Knobel will be a very long term prospect, I'd say he'll take 5 seasons at least before he's physically ready for AFL level, O'Keeffe's main concern is endurance, but if he got that right I think he'd be a suitable back up ruck.

2. Yeah all are still in contention, but have just dropped down due to various concerns and doubts on whether they'll reach the level. Scully's is probably one of my early season regrets, I went high because others did despite having doubts, but I do think he's still a worthwhile prospect later in the draft if a club has the patience to work with him as he physically matures and improves on the more contested part of his game

3. It varies player to player, I don't think the gap between Hotton and Hollands is as big as the one between Hotton and Gilbey, but it's more of a cut off point for me, I wouldn't take any of those in Tier 3 over Tier 2's, but those within Tier 3 I can see going anywhere in that range. Personally I'd be more keen for the Pick 12, but if you've got a list that has a couple of small holes rather than some obvious ones the two picks in the 20's is probably better
Thanks - on #3 from the Dogs view (BigFooty board not club obviously), both Ginbey and Hayes present as attractive options but pick #12 feels a bit early and might be an opportunity to get both.

Thanks - on #3 from the Dogs view (BigFooty board not club obviously), both Ginbey and Hayes present as attractive options but pick #12 feels a bit early and might be an opportunity to get both.
I feel like Ginbey will probably go top 15 regardless, so you'd need to use that early pick on him

Where is the 199cm for Will Verrall coming from?

South Adelaide had Will Verrall at 200cm in last year's profile and he's hardly going to get shorter, if anything you would expect he may grow a cm or two?

SA Talent hub had him at 200cm in December 2021

Competitive South ruckman Will Verrall – 200cm and 92kg – is another bigman to keep an eye on while a pair of Crows Next Generation prospects in Isaac Keeler and Max Michalanney are expected to feature next season.

Where is the 199cm for Will Verrall coming from?

South Adelaide had Will Verrall at 200cm in last year's profile and he's hardly going to get shorter, if anything you would expect he may grow a cm or two?

SA Talent hub had him at 200cm in December 2021

Competitive South ruckman Will Verrall – 200cm and 92kg – is another bigman to keep an eye on while a pair of Crows Next Generation prospects in Isaac Keeler and Max Michalanney are expected to feature next season.
there ya go, thought I had read 199 cm somewhere

Also with Tsatas, the streams do not convey well, how explosive an athlete he is, or his size.

He's going to be winning the ball at stoppages on the fly and driving his team forwards. He can get the ball at HB and moments later it'll be inside 50. Similar to Danger, Petracca and Bolton in that regard.

Paddy Dow was supposed to be this type of player as well. Could be a gun or could be one of the top 10 busts

Dow is the quintessential see-ball, get-ball midfielder. He puts his head over the footy, extracts it with whatever means necessary and is always looking to move it forward. The midfield bull has drawn comparisons to Patrick Dangerfield for his explosiveness when he leaves the stoppage, while he’s a good size and he can also push forward. He’s a territory player who is constantly looking to take risks and attack. He was the highest ranked player to feature in every game of the National Championships.

View attachment 1511211

No Blake Drury as well as some of his Oakleigh team mates. Surely Drury, O'Keefe, Gruzewski are in the top 50

Paddy Dow was supposed to be this type of player as well. Could be a gun or could be one of the top 10 busts

Dow is the quintessential see-ball, get-ball midfielder. He puts his head over the footy, extracts it with whatever means necessary and is always looking to move it forward. The midfield bull has drawn comparisons to Patrick Dangerfield for his explosiveness when he leaves the stoppage, while he’s a good size and he can also push forward. He’s a territory player who is constantly looking to take risks and attack. He was the highest ranked player to feature in every game of the National Championships.
So he could be a gun, or not. Insightful

Remove this Banner Ad

Back