Draft Expert PMBangers' (and ‘friends’) 2022 Draft Board

Remove this Banner Ad

What's the deal with Lachie Benton from Sandy? Has stood out as super solid in all the games I've watched.
Nothing really AFL level about his game, think he'll make a really good state league footballer but not sure there's enough there to translate to AFL level

(Log in to remove this ad.)

YES, I THINK ST KILDA WILL DRAFT THIS YEAR
Hahaha. But seriously. What are your thoughts? So many needs but definitely most needed is the midfield. I don’t mind the idea of Humphreys. Mid forward, swapping his time with Mitch Owens up forward.

Hahaha. But seriously. What are your thoughts? So many needs but definitely most needed is the midfield. I don’t mind the idea of Humphreys. Mid forward, swapping his time with Mitch Owens up forward.
:) Yeah, the issue is that there's a few needs, and even within the midfield group. You would think you'd love Cam Mackenzie to get through to your pick; but probably doesn't. Perhaps someone like Elijah Hewett, or Mattaes Phillipou could add a different skillset.

If Jhye Clark or Jedd Busslinger slipped down to the Saints' pick - would you select them, do you think?

The only thing I'd the Saints don't need is more accumulating mids without a major POD, so I'd be hesitant to suggest Clark given his only real POD to some of their existing players is composure, players like Humphrey, Hewett, Hollands, McKenzie, etc. would be good midfield additions, but you'd have to have a real look at a Jefferson or Busslinger as well to add some extra security to the KPP future.

Can someone help me see what I'm supposed to be seeing in Tsatas? Hard to argue with the numbers, but, I dunno, everytime I watch him I'm just...unconvinced.

I see a receiver type who runs more one way than the other, has an albeit impressive knack of getting the ball and carrying it, and doesn't do anything particularly remarkable with it.

Can someone help me see what I'm supposed to be seeing in Tsatas? Hard to argue with the numbers, but, I dunno, everytime I watch him I'm just...unconvinced.

I see a receiver type who runs more one way than the other, has an albeit impressive knack of getting the ball and carrying it, and doesn't do anything particularly remarkable with it.
You getting Jared Polec vibes Matt?

Who’s the best general defender in it?
Ginbey, Hustwaite and Weddle could all make a claim. Busslinger, while the height of a key defender, will probably end up a tall general defender in the vein of DGB, Ridley and T Stewart (playstyle not quality) rather than a big one-on-one defender like McGovern.

Thoughts on Cadman vs Amiss vs Logan McDonald.

I feel that north would like to go tall but don’t want to reach at 2. Can’t see us picking Wardlaw. And have a feeling we won’t go with Sheezel, though I don’t discount it entirely. That leaves Cadman or Tsatas, who are both perfect options list balance wise.

To me Amiss, Cadman and McDonald are relatively similar types, in that they like to hit up at the footy. They are all similar height, not being 200cm +. Obviously McDonald had the draft year runs on the board, though I was a little down on him in 2020 despite his solid senior footy form. Amiss had the accurate kicking and he looked very promising in his few games this year.

One thing that Cadman seems to have over the others is his ability to get involved in play up the ground. To the eye he seems to potentially move a bit better than the other two.

Is Cadman at pick 2 a reach, given North’s low kpp stocks? Or would we be better off using a hypothetical pick 19 pp on best available kpp talent (Hayes, Jefferson, keeler, other)?

Thoughts on Cadman vs Amiss vs Logan McDonald.

I feel that north would like to go tall but don’t want to reach at 2. Can’t see us picking Wardlaw. And have a feeling we won’t go with Sheezel, though I don’t discount it entirely. That leaves Cadman or Tsatas, who are both perfect options list balance wise.

To me Amiss, Cadman and McDonald are relatively similar types, in that they like to hit up at the footy. They are all similar height, not being 200cm +. Obviously McDonald had the draft year runs on the board, though I was a little down on him in 2020 despite his solid senior footy form. Amiss had the accurate kicking and he looked very promising in his few games this year.

One thing that Cadman seems to have over the others is his ability to get involved in play up the ground. To the eye he seems to potentially move a bit better than the other two.

Is Cadman at pick 2 a reach, given North’s low kpp stocks? Or would we be better off using a hypothetical pick 19 pp on best available kpp talent (Hayes, Jefferson, keeler, other)?
Of the 3 I think Cadman is the one most likely to be able to consistently impact in games due to the fact he gets up the ground more, sort of like how Cameron will start playing as a link up player when he's not getting a lot of the ball deep, but there's not a lot of difference stylistically in them as all are predominantly lead up forwards that can win it at ground level as well.

I've been a big Cadman fan all year, buy I don't think he's got that level of dominance to go before a Tsatas or Wardlaw at Pick 2 yet, if he came out and tore up the Metro v Country game I'd understand the argument a bit more though. What he does have on his side in comparison to Sheezel, Wardlaw and Tsatas for that pick is the fact he's been injury free this year and hasn't really had a "quiet" game, but I think clubs will more than likely back their S&C staff to look after the injury issues anyway

Cadman is definitely in the hyper agile Jeremy Cameron/Charlie Curnow basket.

Getting 15-20 touches consistently as a key forward will appeal to recruiters.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back