Switch Pokemon Lets Go Pikachu and Eevee

Remove this Banner Ad

That'd be alright.

A part of me doesn't mind actually seeing them and then deciding who to battle based on who I'm leveling up plus the extra experience a particular Pokemon may give over another one. Nice as well instead of waiting ages to encounter a 5% rate one, just seeing it and approaching it.
Some of the mystery gets taken away but I guess it could be more casual and appealing to the newer fans.
Unless it was something really rare like a Chansey, searching for a particular pokemon got quite tiresome for me after a while and there was no real joy at the end of it so I don't mind having them on screen.

A few interesting screenshots, first the wild Pokémon showing level and CP, 2nd shows the Charizard ride that looks pretty cool, the fact they have grass like that I think their is still chance for random encounters. 3rd it seems you can customise your starter and they stay customised in battle which is pretty neat, finally the battle animations looked better than ever. Anyone suggesting this game should be cheaper are kidding themselves their looks to be a lot put into this game.
06C5F98D-C3C9-4E6F-95ED-D4024FD9F03F.png
CF4CCEA8-67C8-4E7B-9F52-B93B6E22AF53.png
5808A942-6EC2-420A-9E56-92F2D2A9F5FD.png
FADDF79C-38E1-4C1F-BFC5-F403A45E290B.png

So as far as I can tell the changes from the base mainline games seem to be:

1. Catching mechanic. No battles, just Pokemon Go style catching.
2. Pokemon appearing on the main screen.
3. Potentially levelling is done differently? It may not be if we can re-battle trainers easily.

If 3. doesn't happen I don't see how this is a spin-off. 2. is a step the series was always going to take at some point, although I'd like there to still be rare pokemon to find and 1. I get the dislike people have of it and ideally it would have the traditional battle before it but it's hardly the end of the world.

If levelling is done like in Go though, I think we're headed in a bad direction.

Last edited:
It’s a remake of yellow with aspects of Go!
Remade to suit the Switch.

Something for fans until the new game is out which should have battles and be progressive.

It’s the equivalent of if Metroid game was released that was a tad shallow but you get to use joycons to roll into a ball and something to play while waiting..

Hard to complain.

It’s a remake of yellow with aspects of Go!
Remade to suit the Switch.

Something for fans until the new game is out which should have battles and be progressive.

It’s the equivalent of if Metroid game was released that was a tad shallow but you get to use joycons to roll into a ball and something to play while waiting..

Hard to complain.
You underestimate the fanbase :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

True but if Metroid decided to release a game like this to tide fans over until Metroid 4, I doubt many would complain.
Yeah because its Metroid haha, social media is largely negative with this, oh well ill enjoy it for what it is and keep an open mind.

The game looks great and hits the nostalgic button, i can deal with a bit of PoGo integration and a lack of online, if i was desperate for everything else i could just play those older games or wait for the proper mainline game coming next year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back