Politics & Government Police Brutality

Will this be a catalyst for real change or will it be more of the same?

• Change

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • More of the same

Votes: 19 82.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Nestle changing the names of Redskins and Chicos. Toto - Africa in the crosshairs

8-ball hasn't long left. I can't see a game with a white ball hitting a black ball surviving

Racism is cancelled once we make these changes! ... Or these morons will find something new and more outlandish to whinge about

It's the world we live now unfortunately you cant say or do anything now because you might be at risk of offending some one it's ridiculous the human race needs to HTFU a little.

It's the world we live now unfortunately you cant say or do anything now because you might be at risk of offending some one it's ridiculous the human race needs to HTFU a little.
Tell us what you can’t say or do.

I mean, you just said something.

Something that has bugged me over the years.

It’s ok for black people to call them selves the N word but if a white person or difference race calls them the N word they get labeld as racist.

Black people are essentially being racists to them selves when they use the N word

Yes and no.

They are 'taking it back'. There's a difference between what any group says among themselves and using a racial slur against the group or members of it. A lot of indigenous people call each other blackfella/fulla etc. but it's different to me just walking over to a group them and calling them a bunch of blackfellas.

Personally I think it's a bit hypocritical to use a word a lot and then also complain that it's the worst, most offensive word ever and no one else should use it. Different context but plenty of people hate the C-word, but they don't tend to go around using it in every other sentence then complaining when someone else says it.

I think there has to be some kind of give and take. If you keep using the N word it will stay alive, that's how languages work. If it is kept alive and placed on a special pedestal as the extra racist slur then people are going to keep using it in that context too. Bit of a double edged sword.

Nestle changing the names of Redskins and Chicos. Toto - Africa in the crosshairs

8-ball hasn't long left. I can't see a game with a white ball hitting a black ball surviving

Racism is cancelled once we make these changes! ... Or these morons will find something new and more outlandish to whinge about

Surely Whitehouse needs to be changed too.

Suggestions?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This video couldn't sum up better the difference between white liberal tossers and regular black people.

Fantastic video. Perfectly sums it up. Virtue signallers are enemies of the people. Criminally stupid but yell loudest so they get heard most

Attachments

• 20200609_190042.jpg
    20200609_190042.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 63
Created this thread when I was 17... it would be fair to say my view on this issue has evolved drastically since the time of the initial post having completed a law degree and commencing my masters.

I will say the treatment of our first nations people in custody (among other environments) is a national shame.

The recent lockdown protests in Melbourne have also brought this topic to light - however the more pertinent issue has probably been people's rights to protest and the lawfulness of the lockdowns.

I have previously been content with Australia's human rights framework (or lack thereof) which have seen the majority of our human rights evolve through the courts i.e. they are not entrenched by virtue of an entrenched bill of rights.

The pandemic has tested this view of mine. I believe a clear framework is needed more than ever when it comes to human rights in Australia, one which is robust, however flexible enough to deal with the modern challenges of globalisation and pandemics.

I digress from the thread topic, however I will conclude by stating police brutality is not acceptable in any form and is very much an issue in Australian society. The George Floyd murder (among many others) illustrates how dire situation is in the United States. I hope we can work towards an equal society for all Australians where no ethnic group is overrepresented in custodial deaths or injuries.

Back