The Law Police

Remove this Banner Ad

Why did they need so many there? Seems like a planned "fun day out" for these guys.

Police have a really tough job and integrity is of the utmost importance - this s**t makes life hard for the honest cops.

The simple solution is to simply charge these guys with assault, and instead of getting a conviction just ban then for a long time from being police.

Not a keen supporter of vengeance - loss of job and criminal conviction (along with the perks said conviction brings with trying to find new work brings) should suffice

yep. Immediately.

what a pack of assholes.

They'll become transport inspectors. Little dicked arseholes looking for a modicum of authority.

Amazingly, they won't be stood down immediately.

However, Mr Cornelius said the police members accused of brutality would not be stood down. ''It is not our practice to stand members down upon receipt of complaint,'' he said. ''It is too early to stand down members.''

Instead, police would rely on recommendations for action from the Independent Broad-based Anti-corruption Commission (IBAC).

"Our officers make mistakes like anyone else and when that happens we seek to learn from them,'' Mr Cornelius said. ''When those mistakes are not mere mistakes, but are the result of intentional conduct, then of course we seek to hold those officers to account.

Its too early to stand down s**t cops where there is video footage! Its not a "mistake" to beat someone -- let alone someone who has not committed a crime.

"Our officers make mistakes like anyone else and when that happens we seek to learn from them,'' Mr Cornelius said. ''When those mistakes are not mere mistakes, but are the result of intentional conduct, then of course we seek to hold those officers to account."

Their arrogance is beyond reproach. If I had been involved in that my feet would not have even touched the ground as I was whisked away to the remand centre on charges of assault with intent to cause serious injury smacked on me, and little chance of gaining bail.

People need to realise that the Victorian Police Association are a law unto themselves.

The state Liberal and Labor Parties even tiptoe around them.

IBAC just serves to bury corruption and stage manage the process. They're basically a P.R. wing of VicPol.

Have people forgotten how badly the top brass at VicPol were shitting themselves when the OPI were about?

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

^ ah, that is why Cornelius said:

""That's not going to be serviced by a bunch of carpetbagger lawyers swooping in on our organisation and giving us 101 on … what the United Nations reckons human rights looks like."
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-02-...olice-need-to-liaise-with-public-more/9486150

from the IBAC report posted by AM.
"providing officers with clearer information and training on the Victorian Charter of Human Rights to improve understanding of the human rights issues raised by serious incidents"

There would be a bucket load of similar incidences to both of these, just no video footage of them. You've got no hope of getting any justice, unless you're a high profile person, or there is video footage like this, and even then, it is hard. The police know their word will always be taken above that of others, especially those who are disadvantaged.

There would be a bucket load of similar incidences to both of these, just no video footage of them. You've got no hope of getting any justice, unless you're a high profile person, or there is video footage like this, and even then, it is hard. The police know their word will always be taken above that of others, especially those who are disadvantaged.

That's the thing that got me - how many people have cctv in their front yard? Not many - this would happen all the time

relevance?

the melbourne punks have an annual pub crawl every year on grand final day

I remember in 2007 (that's 119 TimmeT) the pigs spuriously spraying capsicum spray all over the place on bourke st mall - some of it got on my jacket - still have never worked out what exactly prompted that particular discharge, i think they were just scared of weird hair

they are cowards after all

---

but i really don't see what those videos have to do with anything

People need to realise that the Victorian Police Association are a law unto themselves.

The state Liberal and Labor Parties even tiptoe around them.

This is very very true.

The Jason Roberts case is proof positive. The AG - a Labor AG who is by and large a good reformist guy, been good on safe injecting room etc - won't go near it at least until the election because the Police Association have threatened him with political execution if he tries it. A man who is innocent, who senior retired cops say is innocent or at the very least has an unsafe conviction that should be re-tried, rotting in jail because of the Police Association.

Why did they need so many there? Seems like a planned "fun day out" for these guys.

Police have a really tough job and integrity is of the utmost importance - this s**t makes life hard for the honest cops.

The simple solution is to simply charge these guys with assault, and instead of getting a conviction just ban then for a long time from being police.
Not excusing the actions but 6 cops is fairly normal for these section 351 where you may need to force someone to go to hospital to prevent/ assess for suicide. I think the idea is one cop per limb and one to hold chest/ neck, as cops travel in pairs hence6.
If the law could be changed to reflect that we cannot actually prevent suicide and therefore shouldn't force people to hospital...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back