Polls Thread Mk III

Remove this Banner Ad

Have the Greens ever spotted a development they didn’t oppose?
Biggest NIMBY show ponies in existence.

They sold an entire campaign for Victorias state legislature based around denying new public housing stock in central areas, as an opposition to sale of public land.

Kinda rings hollow when you have Greens members protesting next to wealthy young PMCs and GenX crystal wearing, Japanese pottery collecting, neo-hippy trust fund homeowners, protesting because they are worried about a marginal dip in the value of their multi million dollar property portfolio.

Biggest NIMBY show ponies in existence.

They sold an entire campaign for Victorias state legislature based around denying new public housing stock in central areas, as an opposition to sale of public land.

Kinda rings hollow when you have Greens members protesting next to wealthy young PMCs and GenX crystal wearing, Japanese pottery collecting, neo-hippy trust fund homeowners, protesting because they are worried about a marginal dip in the value of their multi million dollar property portfolio.

Liberals who dont like the Howards battlers much

Its the crisis bump.

Every leader in the country but Gladys is probably getting a poll boost.
If Gladys showed emotion and empathy when she speaks to people that would help her popularity. Everytime I hear her speak it's like she is chairing a boardroom meeting with PowerPoint presentations which is totally the wrong approach.

Anyone know what sort of bounce Rudd got ?
Via WILLIAM BOWE

After the first stimulus package in Oct '08, Newspoll had Rudd at approval 65 (+9) and disapproval 26 (-6). Labor appeared to suck up a lot of support from the Greens but voting intention but it was otherwise pretty stable. Nothing much changed after the second package in Feb '09.

Didn't initially see the Premier approval ratings come out last week. McGowan's figures would just about match Kim Jong-Un's. Surely a record approval for any politician in post-war Australia?

Palaszczuk the only one with approvals that aren't stratospheric - she'll be first to face the electoral test. I'm still holding onto my prediction that overall, most incumbents won't survive this crisis. Still a long way to go with this crisis yet, and I doubt the goodwill is going to last.

Didn't initially see the Premier approval ratings come out last week. McGowan's figures would just about match Kim Jong-Un's. Surely a record approval for any politician in post-war Australia?

Palaszczuk the only one with approvals that aren't stratospheric - she'll be first to face the electoral test. I'm still holding onto my prediction that overall, most incumbents won't survive this crisis. Still a long way to go with this crisis yet, and I doubt the goodwill is going to last.

Palaszczuk won’t lose to Deb Frecklington. Easy money.

First state to face the electoral test. I think the NT have an election before QLD right?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

She needs to get down and get dirty like Palaszczuk and to a lesser extent Crooked Trad.

And like Morrison and Andrews and Chalmers and Frydenberg.

It is a sad state of affairs that you need to be able to play the game of politics and she can't.

Hence I stand by my comment that she is a hopeless choice.

She needs to get down and get dirty like Palaszczuk and to a lesser extent Crooked Trad.
She tried and failed miserably with her attack on clothes and make-up.

Vindicater is spot on, she is hopeless.

It'll be interesting to see what happens after 'Snapback Day'
Seems to be holding strong. I don't think any leader in the country will have lost ground (maybe Gladys) and some will have made steep gains. You'd back both the WA and SA premiers to romp it in at their respective next elections.

Annastacia may have some vulnerabilities close to Brissy with the Greens? But who knows, the Queensland electorate is a mystery to me.

Labor at 28% in Queensland, oh dear
Not shocked. Morrison like Trump or BoJo is boomer catnip and Australia hasn't yet seen the carcrash social conflict of the US/UK, plus there are numerous moderating forces tgat pulled his head in when he was hinting at herd immunity and talking up going to the footy.

Government in the English part of the UK is highly centralised, and Australian premiers have greater autonomy and power than their US counterparts, despite their hooha about states rights. Even the alleged ultimate check on federal tyranny, states authority over it's own national guard has been shown up as farcical. They can't even leverage their own border controls.

So, relative cooperation despite the occasional bit of federal stupidity and sniping has meant that popularity of state parties and federal isn't linked. Incumbents have the advantage.

Seems to be holding strong. I don't think any leader in the country will have lost ground (maybe Gladys) and some will have made steep gains. You'd back both the WA and SA premiers to romp it in at their respective next elections.

Annastacia may have some vulnerabilities close to Brissy with the Greens? But who knows, the Queensland electorate is a mystery to me.

The SA premier has done a good job with Covid but has ****ed up nearly everything else.

SA is a strong labor state as well so could will be see Marshall losing.

She tried and failed miserably with her attack on clothes and make-up.

Vindicater is spot on, she is hopeless.

Yeah i see today that QLD oremier is up 20+ % for preferred premier with the new poll , but yet LNP lead 52-48 , that just doesent make sense imo .

Remove this Banner Ad

Back