2nds Port Adelaide vs Centrals - Round 16 @ Woodville

Remove this Banner Ad

Get a life and give the kid a break, hes played about 5 games in 3 years. Never got anything positive to say.
I've talked Lord, Burgoyne, Visentini, Bergman, Dixon and Hayes up plenty over the course of today. Even had positive words for Jackson during tonight's game. Why don't you get a life, you dickhead.

Fantasia has just injured himself again I reckon
b1aca7c293faa12c399716655da5a749.jpg

Who would have thought it was a relief to win a snafll game with a Maggie's team loaded with so called AFL talent against an apparently lowly rated central's line up?
W. T. F. is going on at Alberton!

Who would have thought it was a relief to win a snafll game with a Maggie's team loaded with so called AFL talent against an apparently lowly rated central's line up?
Vagaries of our sanfl participation is that we are only competive when injury list is small. Only joy really for me is that Sinn, Fantasia got on park and small +ve signs from untried kids.

It's obviously way too early to form an opinion either way on Sinn's chances of making the grade, but I would like to think he will show us at least some hint ( at least at snafl level) before the season is done and dusted, of what the fuss was all about re the club drafting him.

Last edited:

We're not looking after ourselves and taking matters into our hands to be the club we once were. The club is idling and being too diplomatic whilst getting reamed from many fronts, rather than risking fighting some of the battles.

It's obviously way too early to form an opinion either way on Sinn's chances of making the grade, but I would like to think he will show us at least some hint ( at least at snafl level) before the season is done and dusted, of what the fuss was all about re the club drafting him.
I won't judge till next year with a full preseason under him hopefully, but sheesh with what we gave up for him he's got to become elite.

I missed the game, but Jackson's stat line looks his best by a long, long, long way. Any feedback on how he went?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yay. Who cares about wining the b grade

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

The only thing that the new kids know is getting reamed. The rest are demoralised. Their development is so backwards that it looks like there is one sanfl club and 9 afl clubs in this league. Winning does ******* matter. Skill execution is crap. Decision making is crap. They can't play any system, not even Hinkley's crap system.

Winning is a ******* large portion to better player development and building a culture of expectation.

One of the most notable aspects of the reserves getting reamed is that your young skilled players struggle and your mature fringe going nowhere type players cope a bit better, thus Ken picks them.

It's just so bloody obvious that wins in the entire level of the club is better for overall sustained success.

That crowd.. is that normal for the SNAFU?
Some small crowds but has been some pretty decent crowds this year. Bear in mind this game was played at a neutral ground at night between a couple of struggling sides also. Port as the “home” side were allowed to choose the venue and time slot

Where was this team last week?!
Mostly injured.

Mayes and Dumont were a big reason for this result. Nick Moore too. Provided strength in the contest.

Hayes and Teakle both finished up with good games. Best Hayes has played for a few weeks.

Lord and McKenzie good down back. Williams also more involved by playing in defence.

Schofield was busy.

Visentini is a beauty. Going to be a genuine ruck who can impact forward.

Teakle looks like he will be very good. Needs to add some weight but he can do that in the off season, he's the ideal age for quick muscle gain.

Visentini has impressed from the get go. Mobile and super competitive in the ruck. Great signs from a teenager.

Hayes will continue to develop his around the ground and forward play. He's such a tall ruckman who was still growing when he came to Port.

The developing ruck stocks look in good shape.

Teakle looks like he will be very good. Needs to add some weight but he can do that in the off season, he's the ideal age for quick muscle gain.

Visentini has impressed from the get go. Mobile and super competitive in the ruck. Great signs from a teenager.

Hayes will continue to develop his around the ground and forward play. He's such a tall ruckman who was still growing when he came to Port.

The developing ruck stocks look in good shape.
According to our brave correspondents who withstood the cold and attended last nights game they also reported that Jackson played his best game for club. Remember he came to the club with pretty good credentials. The lad has had a horror year with injuries and then playing games with absolutely no guidance from established AFL players as last nights team was the best side selected in 2022. Yes, it is important that the club takes the Maggies seriously and try to win as many games by selecting competitive sides.
Taking players for a holiday (ie last week in Alice Springs) when they should have been playing for the B's is just not on.
Yes I understand that injuries will always be a problem

Remove this Banner Ad

Back