2nds Port Adelaide vs West Adelaide - Round 9 @ Alberton

Remove this Banner Ad

Portmagpies36

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 5, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
The Eagles v South game had 4 goals kicked in the last quarter for 10 minutes of time on. Just enough for WWT to snatch a winner. There weren't that many ball ups and boundary throw ins. I don't know how they manufactured such a long quarter.

Port v West had 10 goals kicked in the last quarter for 8 minutes of time on.

Surely you are not suggesting anything dodgy would ever happen in the SANFL !

Byrons Firen

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 4, 2013
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
the maggies
The Magpies seem to have the same problem as the Power - they haven't beaten the other contenders. Lost to top-placed Eagles and 3rd-placed Glenelg.

While it may be an anomaly, it is becoming a large enough sample size across the 2 competitions to cast aspersions on the current list and coaching styles.
I have seen a lot of Port and the Maggies and the explanation is in my bold. We have improved our clanger count but not enough
to worry the top sides. Ken coaches the Magpies Chad is just a conduit.

Good kick forward by..... a player. Nice work commentating.

I was in front of the Williams Stand with PropertySteward and we were trying to work out how we could get rid of the sanfl commentary team muppets and take over. They had nice binoculars I could have used too.

Mar 1, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I have seen a lot of Port and the Maggies and the explanation is in my bold. We have improved our clanger count but not enough
to worry the top sides. Ken coaches the Magpies Chad is just a conduit.

As we discussed on Sunday, it's Kern's game plan and selections, and Chad just holds the reins on the day.

Re those selections, ( ie team placings ), it wouldn't surprise me greatly if the decision to play Howard forward, and/or let Wild Billy and Ladhams share the ruck duties, with Lobbe out of the equation, was made very late in the piece, possibly even as late as the morning of the game.

Regardless of when they were made though, there is at least now some promise of outside of the square thinking, as opposed to the same old, same old, Power selection policy of two fringe players out, and two other fringe players in. :rolleyes:

I guess this Thursday night will tell the tale. ;)

Coobk001

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 26, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
SA Spurs, Anaheim Ducks, White Sox
The Eagles v South game had 4 goals kicked in the last quarter for 10 minutes of time on. Just enough for WWT to snatch a winner. There weren't that many ball ups and boundary throw ins. I don't know how they manufactured such a long quarter.

Port v West had 10 goals kicked in the last quarter for 8 minutes of time on.
Exactly what I was thinking watching that. Can only assume every Ball up stopped the clock, but it was supremely suss.

Byrons Firen

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 4, 2013
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
the maggies
Exactly what I was thinking watching that. Can only assume every Ball up stopped the clock, but it was supremely suss.
As I posted before, WWT got the last 4 field frees and the one to that bloke who looked like he left his partner Jenny Craig
and jumped the fence was friggin outrageous.

Why wasn't Lienert named in Ports best players? Article says impressive then not named in top 6 players. Are the best players named to suit/justify possible changes to our afl side. I've thought this before after seeing games then looking at those named in best players. I hope this is not the case.

Whilst I think the internet is a seething nest of conspiracy theories, I can't quite dismiss this observation. You could just about have picked the best 6 out of a hat but a couple of the rankings seemed a little out of place to me.

Surely you are not suggesting anything dodgy would ever happen in the SANFL !
Let's just say the last quarter of the 2014 grand final ended rather abruptly.......

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On rogerjames point about best player listings, I thought Neade was good against West but 3rd best? 20 possessions playing a lot through the midfield in a team that ran riot and only 1 goal out of 28. Nine tackles is a great effort but still not so sure about that qualifying for 3rd best. But he was travelling emergency on the basis of his first good sanfl game of the season last week and you would indeed think we were being softened up for his selection this week.

scottjr

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 8, 2012
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
On rogerjames point about best player listings, I thought Neade was good against West but 3rd best? 20 possessions playing a lot through the midfield in a team that ran riot and only 1 goal out of 28. Nine tackles is a great effort but still not so sure about that qualifying for 3rd best. But he was travelling emergency on the basis of his first good sanfl game of the season last week and you would indeed think we were being softened up for his selection this week.

I believe Neade travelled because it was etihad and we were worried about the ball getting out of our forward 50. Etihad is a basketball court not a football ground it's just not the same environment as our players are drilled on. I don't think the same applies this week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back