2nds Port Adelaide vs WWT Eagles - Round 8 @ Alberton

Remove this Banner Ad

Narkle was good, but one major highlight was Hagan. If we had rookied Hagan last year, we'd all be talking about him big time here. We certainly should be looking at a rookie spot for him for next season.

Probably why he stayed after we picked up Narkle.

Narkle was good, but one major highlight was Hagan. If we had rookied Hagan last year, we'd all be talking about him big time here. We certainly should be looking at a rookie spot for him for next season.
Hagan was excellent. Says a lot that when the game was on the line they cleared Fantasia out and tried to give Hagan every opportunity one on one.

The problem is that while narkle might be smashing it in the middle for our reserves, he’s not going to be playing that position in our league side.

Think it was the same problem he had at the cats.

He's a downgrade on Stevie Motlop. Who shouldn't have been in the side.

Judging Hayes for his first 3 quarters, instead of judging him for his 4th is foolish. He's not a forward, he's a #1 ruck.
Hayes stuff in the ruck, in the first few quarters was his problem. Continually tapping it to Eagles players, or pointlessly thumping it with no one else aware and Eagles players cleaning them up. He was terrible early, terrible. However his last quarter was outstanding. What needs to be asked, is why was he just playing his own game early.
We actively try not to win these games. Unless he is injured why is Jackson not out there?
I took the Jackson bit as a note that Boak won't be back this week and that Jackson will be sub.

The problem is that while narkle might be smashing it in the middle for our reserves, he’s not going to be playing that position in our league side.

He played half forward for 3 quarters.

Narkle was good and importantly was probably the best ball user we had our there today.

Can’t see our captain making the Ateam anytime soon by the sounds.
No point reading the ratings of his game here. He played well but so did Lachie Jones. Probably won't come in
Jackson played and got hurt early. I don’t know if he came back on.
No he came back on and kept finding the ball, just didn't play the second half. Normally that means he's a good chance to be in the AFL team, but I think Narkle has a better shot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No point reading the ratings of his game here. He played well but so did Lachie Jones. Probably won't come in

No he came back on and kept finding the ball, just didn't play the second half. Normally that means he's a good chance to be in the AFL team, but I think Narkle has a better shot.

Narkle needs a couple of weeks to get his head around what's going on out there.
Wouldn't come in this week.
Next week possible.

So we recruit a guy, he's BOG 1 day after arriving and not knowing anyone and you've already put a line through him?

I was just replying to Philthy who mentioned there's a problem with his position. He might be a decent player but who's he displacing in our midfield?

I would have preferred we attempted a KPD or ruckman, since apparently Sam Hayes does not exist.

I was just replying to Philthy who mentioned there's a problem with his position. He might be a decent player but who's he displacing in our midfield?

I would have preferred we attempted a KPD or ruckman, since apparently Sam Hayes does not exist.
Ah. Cool. Didn't read that in context.

His tackling pressure pretty good I understand.

if he’s getting Mac and Cheese’s small forward role then that’s gotta be number 1.

My notes:

Evans was our best, played generally a class above the rest of our team all day.
Narkle was outstanding for a first up hitout. Some great ball use, I'm assuming that was a previous strength of his. His last quarter in the middle was part of a game changing spurt. Did enough other stuff up forward to say though that he could play a role.
Hagan outstanding. Still 18 for another 4 months. Today 2 goals and 23 touches. Played inside and outside, and was generally everywhere. Looks like a long term better version of your McEntee type.
Dumont racked them up, but did a lot of the hard stuff without much polish. Pretty much the level he must maintain if he's to plug any injury holes at AFL level.
Mead, just completely lost on the wing. Not sure how many he had in the last, but was a big reason we got back into it when moved back on ball. Not sure where his career is at the moment.
Hayes, absolutely amazing last quarter, although a horror kick basically set off the chain of events where we lost the game. His early part of the game was just lazy, disconnected stuff in ruck, but that last quarter is the Hayes that should be playing AFL.
Jonas, a few moments of class, a few moments of stupidity, including giving away a killer goal in the last. Certainly hard to recall him after that.
Burgoyne on the wing had a few nice moments, a few really scintillating patches where he used his pace, but that wasn't the form of last year. I'm also not sure wing is his position. You can see the coaches are trying to find some wing depth with Burgoyne and Mead, but not sure either player suits it.
Fantasia was really poor. He has never been suited to the contested game and was just completely shut out. Good he got through, but I think our game has evolved past him as a type of player. I mean maybe at peak form he could replace Rioli, but he isn't replacing McEntee or SPP in their roles.
Jackson did one sublime piece of play, bursting out of a clearance and through a few players but was quiet and pulled out early, I presume to be sub next week.
Visentini was pretty solid, and also dominant in ruck. Just looks pretty mobile out there as well.

Felt our top-ups were ok, other than Turner, he was horrible. Moore continues to play good roles for us shutting out Rowe. Szust is a real find.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back