Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
What does that mean??

WCE scored 79 pts v Carlton's 69pts at the MCG in Rd 5 and then next week Rd 6 at Perth Stadium scored 89pts v Freo's 81pts. That list says that WCE have gone 0/1 weeks in a row not scoring 100 pts. In my world that is 2 games in a row. Collingwood started the seeeing with 2 losses scoring 67 pts v Hawks and 79 v GWS
Without looking at it at all, is it current streak?

PAFC27

Premiership Player
Apr 28, 2016
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
What does that mean??

WCE scored 79 pts v Carlton's 69pts at the MCG in Rd 5 and then next week Rd 6 at Perth Stadium scored 89pts v Freo's 81pts. That list says that WCE have gone 0/1 weeks in a row not scoring 100 pts. In my world that is 2 games in a row. Collingwood started the seeeing with 2 losses scoring 67 pts v Hawks and 79 v GWS
I think it's referring to current streaks? Either way the picture doesn't provide much info...

Without looking at it at all, is it current streak?
That would make sense. I thought it might be streaks over the same period as Blues went 50 straight.

Melbourne, Carlton, Saints, Freo and GWS - yep that's 5 low scoring games in a row.

Oct 1, 2014
NeverNevers
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Nov 6, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
7F0A7A0C-021C-41C9-B9B1-59F666A26F19.png

Christian with another monumental utensil up - Howe’s trip graded as careless instead of intentional. What was Howe’s intent if it wasn’t to trip? Christian you fool!

Didn't he punch Cripps in the face or is this another incident?

Correct if we win 1 more game.

2 wins gets us to 8th.
I'm not necessarily a doom-and-gloomer, but after sitting through yesterday's game, unless a switch is flicked somewhere, I can't see us winning against the crows, Collingwood and West Coast. Essendon will depend on which Essendon turn up and whether they have started to tank. If we win next week against the doggies I will still need to see some significant changes in the way we play before I will be much more optimistic.

Nov 6, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
If only we had replaced like for like this season so our players and new recruits could actually get some confidence in our game plan and who and where to kick to.
Ken revels in this idea of our flexibility with ability to play in multiple positions but we are obviously not at the stage where we are ready for the continual disruption and confusion.
We do more damage to our own side than we do the oppo with the continual robbing one position to fill another.

240volt

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 23, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I'm not necessarily a doom-and-gloomer, but after sitting through yesterday's game, unless a switch is flicked somewhere, I can't see us winning against the crows, Collingwood and West Coast. Essendon will depend on which Essendon turn up and whether they have started to tank. If we win next week against the doggies I will still need to see some significant changes in the way we play before I will be much more optimistic.
Good chance this week to kick a dog when there down.
Like you after that I don’t see a lot of joy unless there is divine intervention.

240volt

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 23, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Is 9th a better outcome to usher in some change?

Irrespective of how we have been playing, we have bottled this year. We were 3-0 and 11-4. You would take those every single season before a ball is bounced.
When you say some changes it depends on what those changes are.
To be honest I think we need coaching change more than we need player change.

Oct 4, 2003
Portress
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
When you say some changes it depends on what those changes are.
To be honest I think we need coaching change more than we need player change.

Agree. I don’t think Ken will be going anywhere unless he walks away but our assistants could be under the pump. I’m talking Lade Greaves nicks

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back