Game Day Port v Fremantle

Remove this Banner Ad

Ok flag in the bag, Hinkley statue unveiled tomorrow @ Albertron

Look I think this season is destined to be a massive asterisk regardless of what happens so please don't mistake me as a starry eyed optimist.

A win is a win. The positives are that we have won 3 for 3, broke our round 3 hoodoo, won in the wet and that the players are playing for each other and actually look excited to be on the field.
The 2020 season will be a strange one and I really had no expectations. I just want to see Port playing a competitive, skilful and free flowing game and that we continue to give opportunities to our young players so that Port can build towards a flag post Hinkley.

A win is a win. The positives are that we have won 3 for 3, broke our round 3 hoodoo, won in the wet and that the players are playing for each other and actually look excited to be on the field.
The 2020 season will be a strange one and I really had no expectations. I just want to see Port playing a competitive, skilful and free flowing game and that we continue to give opportunities to our young players so that Port can build towards a flag post Hinkley.
I remember thinking a win is a win in the middle of our 11-4 streak and thinking imagine what will happen when we actually click.

We didn't...

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

We have working on our defence for years. Poor Nicks has a long hard slog ahead of him.
Everything about the Crows under Nick's screams Port from a few years ago.

Overly focused on defence.

Confused players trying to "play what's in front if them" without a solid game plan to guide them.

Kicking long to Sam Gray... I mean Murphy 3 on 1.

The irony is that the first 2 points are now paying off for us.

Our defence is rock solid and we are much more unpredictable going forward not relying on either short or long, wide or corridor but being able to do all of them when the situation suits.

On SM-G960F using
BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nicks = Primus. They are pre-rebuild.

He'll make a raft of unpopular player decisions to get their list in a position to bring in some younger talent via the draft and work through the ridiculous contracts that they're encumbered with.

Then he'll attempt to get games into the best of the youngest.

Then they'll have a few courageous wins and close loses to form teams.

Then they'll get rid of him.

He'll make a raft of unpopular player decisions to get their list in a position to bring in some younger talent via the draft and work through the ridiculous contracts that they're encumbered with.

Lol I was going to type something similar but I didn't want to look like I was sledging Primus. :D

Look I think this season is destined to be a massive asterisk regardless of what happens so please don't mistake me as a starry eyed optimist.

Hmm raman ... starry eyed optimist. Nope can't say that would be my first instinct ... :p

A worse list then Primus had, but now they've ditched Birdbrain they have a fitness department light years ahead of what we had at the time. They aren't going to regularly be in games at 1/2 or 3/4 time only to fade right out and be flogged from poor fitness, as we were across the Primus years.

And then Hinkley = Hinkley yeah?

And then Hinkley = Hinkley yeah?

preview.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back