Review Portress schmoortress: Essendon dft. Port by 2 points in Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

I may be a one man band on this but a fit and firing Bellchambers in that forward group will make a huge difference. He's definitely capable of it (5 goals vs A Carlile and 4 goals vs B Reid last year) and once his attitude clicks it'll set us up beautifully.

I may be a one man band on this but a fit and firing Bellchambers in that forward group will make a huge difference. He's definitely capable of it (5 goals vs A Carlile and 4 goals vs B Reid last year) and once his attitude clicks it'll set us up beautifully.

I agree mate ! How much better did Joe look with a perm forward TBC inside f25 and Joe allowed to roam up the ground?
Looked at our most dangerous with these two as our key forwards.

Gerard Healy is adamant that it was not holding the ball as the ball was knocked free in the tackle.

You know nothing Gerard Healy.
Gerarse Healy before on Fox Footy: "It was not a free kick."

Thank you Gerarse for your unbiased opinion.

Gerrrarrrdddddd must have been watching a different game because in no way was the ball touched in that tackle!

Gerard Healy is arguably the biggest idiot in the football media. Don't pay any attention to what he says

Sensational win by you guys last night, and a big thanks:D, but seriously, that win was gutsy. I hope we can emulate that in a few weeks time.

Gerard Healy is adamant that it was not holding the ball as the ball was knocked free in the tackle.

-know nothing
+are a malicious, slanderous campaigner

If a player had clear prior opportunity, why does it matter that the ball was knocked free in the tackle - it's incorrect disposal and therefore HTB.

If a player had clear prior opportunity, why does it matter that the ball was knocked free in the tackle - it's incorrect disposal and therefore HTB.

according to my mate who is a VFL development umpire (therefore should know his stuff) suggests there is no such thing as incorrect disposal.

bullshit

We were hurt twice in two weeks by that interpretation of "the ball being knocked clear" the stevie J one on the wing and obviously the monfries one last night.
I think someone said it best yesterday, the umpires are either corrupt or incompetent. I don't know which one i prefer to be honest.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

according to my mate who is a VFL development umpire (therefore should know his stuff) suggests there is no such thing as incorrect disposal.

bullshit
Given that I disagree with so many umpiring decisions, I probably just don't know the rules any more.

First time this year that we conceded 25 scoring shots - Gotta say that our defence is top 4 standard - Now its a matter of midfield and forward line.

yea, it is interesting.

We finally got a win with the spare man - it totally stopped their running game, and more specifically over the top run into space game.

Not sure going stubbornly with the extra at the contest has been great for us - I dont watch every team as closely as us, but it seems most teams get the most out of their extra being behind the ball. We definteily have 100% struggled with others' extra being behind the ball. In fact it has killed us.

But - we did give up a lot of shots. That is the trade off though - the extra around the ball should mean you win more contests and the midfield should protect the defense more - but it seems when you have that extra back not only is it a defensive aspect, rebound and turnover is so important these days it becomes a highly offensive weapon.

We kept that full back position a kick behind the port line all night and it worked a treat. I think it is something we have to work into our game more - as our forward line retains the ball 3rd least in the comp - we just cant continually have that turnover hurting us on the scoreboard.

We got a lot right tactically - handled the conditions much smarter but NFI what they were thinking with Hardy the sub - perhaps a rested option in case a Wingard/Grey/Monfries was off the leash? Lucky to get away with it, but a few hard to understand subs this year.

The balance with another tall out may have helped with the overall game not looking as slow as it can.

A bloke could take the field with a knife and cut an Essendon players throat and Healy would claim play on and that the Essendon player ducked initiating contact. He's a campaigner...

bullshit

incorrect disposal would be a throw - there is no such thing, and never has been 'dropping' the ball.

But, on current laws if you have prior, which gus did, you simply have to dispose of it immediately (when caught) or you are gone.

It was clear as day, if Healy seriously disputes it it says more about him.

We were hurt twice in two weeks by that interpretation of "the ball being knocked clear" the stevie J one on the wing and obviously the monfries one last night.
I think someone said it best yesterday, the umpires are either corrupt or incompetent. I don't know which one i prefer to be honest.

Corrupt would be less of an indictment

Gerard Healy is clueless and nothing he says should be taken seriously.

DapperDon, your lurking liking last night was the stuff of legends. ;)

Point 1. He dropped the ball as to kick it, he was then tackled and therefore didn't make contact with the ball so it's holding the ball.

Point 2. The umpires aren't corrupt, they're just s**t.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back