Competitions Pose all Fantasy Footy (DT and SC) Questions re players in here.

Remove this Banner Ad

IN a draft league, who should I be looking to hold onto, MacMillan or Wright?

I know Clarke us the one that tries to run free a lot, but who will be loose more often and look to rebound, and who will be the lockdown go to option. I've seen on fanfooty that Macmillan is supposedly zoning off and guarding space a lot, but his scores haven't been all the great...

TIA
I would trust Wright over MacMillian in terms of higher scores, but J Mac has been the more durable player over the journey. In saying that, Wright appears to be over his injuries and is the better player in my opinion as that medium sized one-on-one interceptor. The thing is with Ryan Clarke, he doesn't get as many marks as Wright, but they average around the same amount of disposals, so Wright is the one to go with.

I would trust Wright over MacMillian in terms of higher scores, but J Mac has been the more durable player over the journey. In saying that, Wright appears to be over his injuries and is the better player in my opinion as that medium sized one-on-one interceptor. The thing is with Ryan Clarke, he doesn't get as many marks as Wright, but they average around the same amount of disposals, so Wright is the one to go with.

Thanks for the feedback:)

What role has Dyl Clarke playing at north this season?

Also which players are giving u the most drive off half back this year?
Ryan Clarke you mean? His brother plays for the scum*.

Mostly Clarke, MacMillian and Tarrant.

Ryan Clarke you mean? His brother plays for the scum*.

Mostly Clarke, MacMillian and Tarrant.
Sorry mate yep Ryan***

Between Clarke and Macmillian who would you say is in better form

And

Who would u expect to have more rebounds through kicking?

Also what role does LMAC play these days?

Sorry mate yep Ryan***

Between Clarke and Macmillian who would you say is in better form

And

Who would u expect to have more rebounds through kicking?

Also what role does LMAC play these days?
Clarke is more consistent in terms of raw disposals, but if you are looking at raw supercoach and dream team numbers, Macmillian is ahead because he tackles more, marks more and sneaks forward more often. At this stage, J Mac is the better player, but Clarke is really a midfielder playing as a defender out of a need to get more drive out of defence.

Both average the same amount of rebounds, but J Mac is slightly more reliable than Clarke on that front.

L Mac has had a few roles this year, but it is mostly wing/midfield utility, while spending small periods of the game as an extra defender as he's fairly strong one-on-one. He's had a few issues with his decision making (wasn't as big a problem last year) and doesn't look 100% fit, but he got 25 disposals, ran 14km and had a decent enough game on the weekend playing more as a winger than normal. His fantasy numbers are down on expectations as he seems to be lacking confidence to have a ping at the goals and his disposal numbers and quality of use is down. He's a bit down on confidence ATM.

Clarke is more consistent in terms of raw disposals, but if you are looking at raw supercoach and dream team numbers, Macmillian is ahead because he tackles more, marks more and sneaks forward more often. At this stage, J Mac is the better player, but Clarke is really a midfielder playing as a defender out of a need to get more drive out of defence.

Both average the same amount of rebounds, but J Mac is slightly more reliable than Clarke on that front.

L Mac has had a few roles this year, but it is mostly wing/midfield utility, while spending small periods of the game as an extra defender as he's fairly strong one-on-one. He's had a few issues with his decision making (wasn't as big a problem last year) and doesn't look 100% fit, but he got 25 disposals, ran 14km and had a decent enough game on the weekend playing more as a winger than normal. His fantasy numbers are down on expectations as he seems to be lacking confidence to have a ping at the goals and his disposal numbers and quality of use is down. He's a bit down on confidence ATM.
cheers mate foe all of that.

the fantasy numbers i was after is literally just kicks and marks as I'm playing ultimate footy.

how would u rank clark, lmac, Macmillan on those 2 stats alone

cheers mate foe all of that.

the fantasy numbers i was after is literally just kicks and marks as I'm playing ultimate footy.

how would u rank clark, lmac, Macmillan on those 2 stats alone
L Mac, j Mac and then Clarke. Clarke is your classic accumulator, gets a heap of footy, but doesn’t get a heap of other stats, a poor man’s gaff.

McDonald played a different role on the w/e.
Worth a pickup in a draft league?
He started in defence, but was then moved to the wing after Murphy came into the team. He can be a decent enough scorer, but his scoring goes down as soon as he starts playing as a lockdown defender.

Hey guys was just wondering about Tom Murphy's job security?

Most importantly, will he play round 14?

Also, is a shutdown defender or rebounder? :D

Hey guys was just wondering about Tom Murphy's job security?

Most importantly, will he play round 14?

Also, is a shutdown defender or rebounder? :D
Job security is a little bit tenuous being on the rookie list and not having the biggest tank. As for round 14, that’s dependant on form, but him playing back as a medium sized rebounder (he’s solid one on one, but he’s more of a rebound type, like Hibberd at Melbourne, but more defensively minded) allows Mcdonald to play on the wing, where he is better suited. He’s solidly built and stands at 189cm, is a nice ball user, and he also had 14 disposals at 79% last week from just 60% tog, so he can collect the footy ok.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Job security is a little bit tenuous being on the rookie list and not having the biggest tank. As for round 14, that’s dependant on form, but him playing back as a medium sized rebounder (he’s solid one on one, but he’s more of a rebound type, like Hibberd at Melbourne, but more defensively minded) allows Mcdonald to play on the wing, where he is better suited. He’s solidly built and stands at 189cm, is a nice ball user, and he also had 14 disposals at 79% last week from just 60% tog, so he can collect the footy ok.
so if he played a similar level game as last week, do you expect him to be kept in the team?>

Hi guys, do you expect Ahern to hold his spot long term? Cheers

Hi guys, do you expect Ahern to hold his spot long term? Cheers
Short answer, yes, long answer, yes.

His body is holding up well and he’s one of the few to provide midfield class going inside fifty.

Are Ziebell and Jed Anderson worth a punt in a draft league?

They both got dropped over the bye rounds.

Unsure on Ziebell but Anderson seemed to be playing well in his new role.

Are Ziebell and Jed Anderson worth a punt in a draft league?

They both got dropped over the bye rounds.

Unsure on Ziebell but Anderson seemed to be playing well in his new role.
Anderson should have been brought in weeks ago

Hey folks, just a quick one -
Would love any thoughts on Preussy 2019?
Thinking of picking him up in a keeper league.
Seems like next year may be uncertain for him but likely he'd be number 1 ruck 2020 (if he or Goldy both stick around and remain uninjured)
Cheers in advance :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back