Autopsy Positives and Negatives vs Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Pretty terrible game from West Coast to be honest. Nearly getting run over the top of a banged up team of young guys. If Murphy, Morris, Stringer, Cloke, Roughead, Wallis were in, you guys would have gone down by 30+ points. I know you guys are missing Natainui, but outside him who else is there to come in? The scary thing is that the Dogs will bring all those guys back in soon.

Pretty terrible game from West Coast to be honest. Nearly getting run over the top of a banged up team of young guys. If Murphy, Morris, Stringer, Cloke, Roughead, Wallis were in, you guys would have gone down by 30+ points. I know you guys are missing Natainui, but outside him who else is there to come in? The scary thing is that the Dogs will bring all those guys back in soon.

Four points dood ...and it's an 8 point game when your competing against fellow top 4 teams

They don't draw pictures on the scorecard ...just says W OR L

if Kennedy kicks straight we win easily ...he kicked 3-6

The same Cloke that couldn't get a game at Collingwood

Yeah right

Lycett and Cripps were also missing and to a lesser extent Nelson

And the Bulldogs have made something of a habit of coming over the top of teams but we were able to withstand that.

Possible I got blinded re: second half because of Hill going up for the mark in the sqaure final two minutes instead of being where he needed to be at front and centre (where the ball went)
Happened a few times, once at the Subi end all 4 players down there went for the mark, one of them being Shuey, needless to say the Dogs ran it out with ease.

+
beating another top 4 finalist
came out and competed hard from the outset
defence was terrific with plenty of contributors
forward efficiency was mostly good, generated plenty of good chances
sheed
big fraser showed me something i hadn't seen before. quite goood with ball in hand too.

-
jk obvs
shuey invisible
dom's hairline - poor bloke will be bald before he's 25 years old
ran out of steam or got spooked (or both) in the 4th

Good win last night guys. Scoreboard probably flattered us a little as Kennedy just does not miss like that to often. Maybe some of our missing mojo rubbed off on him ;) BUt we came at you and your defence, which I think is very underrated, held us off. Good luck for the rest of the season and see you again in July.

You're just jealous of what I look like with a hidden kebab.

fe488dfc37bf5ac4c7b8a5cb7ad4716b.jpg

Lol - now there is a guy that definitely misses leg days.

Does any team blatantly throw the ball more than dogs?? I don't understand it. Longmire talked to the umps about after the GF last year, then Luke Drink even admitted to them getting away with a few questionable disposals. Now this season it's worse than ever!! I don't know how the umpires don't see it? I'm assuming George gregan is now part of their coaching team, as they seem to be even better at it than last year.

+ Chris Masten had 11 contested possessions last night. Chris. Fricken. Masten.
I didnt know the guy had it in him!
He has had a really good year to date and is far more physical this year than in the past. Going in when he has to and actually making an impact. And the fend off just for this board...

My Mate rekons its complete BS but im pretty sure i saw Lewis Jetta ride off on his push bike at HT. He looked right at me and it looked just like him and he had the full players kit on plus his calves looked very much like Jetts.

One of the GOAT posts on this board

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was it possible to see from the broadcast that Shuey was MIA in the second half? He was on the ground but miles off the contest playing as a pocket/hff. I am hoping not but think he might be injured so was playing off the ball. As we know an injured Shuey is still more valuable than most others.

Reading through the game day thread and a few commented he was unsighted so thats just a perspective from being at the game.

My first game of the yr and it was edge of the seat stuff. I thought Dom Sheed and Large Frase were very good last night. And Yeo had a big last quarter it seemed. If anyone finds a replay please share it!

I thought they were being seriously scrutinised this year for that. Apparently not.

Having said that, I am in awe of the dogs, they handball over their head without looking and can still get the ball to a team mate.

Pos - We matched them for physicality and played a good scrappy game that was intense (where was that at the MCG?)

Neg - We still a fair way off the Dogs skill in regards to handballing out of trouble.
- Dogs missing a few good players so I would have liked the score to be a bit bigger in our favour.
Well said mate. I thought dogs got away with a couple of dodgy handballs last night. But overall their handball skills are unreal and it is brilliant to watch. Shame some opposition supporters cant give them any credit, it is obvious they have put an enormous amount of work into their handball skills.

Wasn't quick enough to turn around in one instance in the third when he missed the set shot, had a couple of players free in the goal square. Hardly say it's a trend.
At the game I thought he actually made the right decision there. His opponent was right on him, close enough to effect the kick.
If he had have kicked it and turned it over we would have all screamed about if you take a mark 40 meters out go back and have the shot.

+ve
McGovern cracking the sheets at the defensive structures after a few easy over the back Western Throwdogs goals.
This is the sort of aggro leadership we need. Our backline has been very good the past two weeks.

Double positive for a great weekend - the Eagles won and are 6/2, and mighty Chelsea are Champions of the EPL. London is blue.

Fraser Mcinnes last two weeks at East Perth have been decent.I think he is better being a small fish in a big pond.He doesn't dominate as you would think at Wafl level.I think he has been serviceable in his ten afl games.I think he is a better option to Jonathan Giles as he is better as a forward.

And its an easy win if Kennedy nails those shots he would normally get. :rolleyes:

At the game I thought he actually made the right decision there. His opponent was right on him, close enough to effect the kick.
If he had have kicked it and turned it over we would have all screamed about if you take a mark 40 meters out go back and have the shot.

I think he could've snapped it over the man on the mark, there were 2 free.

To be clear I don't think he was selfish, I like that he was confident to take the shot, was just pointing out why others were calling him selfish. :)

Cloke in helps us.

I'll call it early

Gaff is a less clean version of masten. But accumulates the same as priddas. Call him Masterpridda

Duggan foot skills are hnng almost as good as mitchells
Sheed is a slick player
Mult is composed.
How good was that Duggan kick out of the middle surrounded by Doggs to hit Sheed on the wing and then Sheeds beautiful kick to the advantage of JK!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back