Autopsy Positives and Negatives vs Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Well said mate. I thought dogs got away with a couple of dodgy handballs last night. But overall their handball skills are unreal and it is brilliant to watch. Shame some opposition supporters cant give them any credit, it is obvious they have put an enormous amount of work into their handball skills.
I can appreciate that - but at one stage i saw three shovel throws in a row in a couple of seconds - i dont blame the dogs for that i blame the umps

I thought about Masten a bit last night and this is what I came up with - old man strength.

He was obviously a good inside player as a junior but was just too small at AFL level. Now, at 28 and with ~10 preseasons, there are enough opponents in their early 20s that even he can push around. Couple that with some other stuff that he does well like run forever and you've got yourself a pretty solid player.

Had we kicked straight game over and we win by 30 plus points. Dont rate the dogs and they were helped by the umps.
Happily take the 4 points and move along to next week

Quiet 2nd half or not, i saw Shuey running his ass off several times to present in the last quarter only to get burnt by his teammates.

Darling the moron. I remember he burnt Shuey sprinting into space completely, instead chose to boot it into the corridor and turn it straight over.

I punted the cat when that happened :cat:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was a bit negative yesterday but on replay we were hands down the better team.

I like some of the stuff that Duggan does and he is super quick at getting back on his feet. McInnes really good.

Starting to find a lot more contributors finally; winning contests. Have almost forgotten about that Hawthorn game now and if we can win the next two in particular I'll be beaming.

As soon as the first bounce went down I knew we were going to win was never worried throughout the game, JK made it looks worse than it was but that wont happen again.

We still haven't clicked into our potential which I have been waiting for at least 5 years, when some of our gun players start being confident and composed like Mitchell that's when we will be good... If that ever happens, however you can see confidence builiding in a few of our players, Masten, Sheed, Redden and Duggan once they start believing 100% like Yeo is at the moment no fans will complain about skills and speed, confidence = skills and speed.

Great win.

Jesus how cringeworthy is BT's segment in the clubrooms after the game?

You can tell pretty much every single player doesn't want anything to do with him, the whole thing is a pointless waste of time.

"Whheeellinghaaaaam" did make me lol though.
Haha it was so bad, saved somewhat by Butts who was pretty funny, Hurn looked like he wanted to punch him.

Out of West Coast players, Masten racked up the following:
  • #2 for Contest Possessions (11)
  • #1 for Clearances (5)
  • #1 for Stoppages (5)
  • #4 for Disposal Efficiency (88.9 - #1 out of the midfielders)
  • #3 for Inside 50s (4)
Say what you want haters, but he had another quality game and has been good for us this year.

giphy.gif

Thought Sheed was good last night, but got a real shock we he had his jumper of as he has a very very sloppy rig.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back