Autopsy Positives and Negatives Vs Port Adelaide

Does this prove Luke Shuey is illuminati?

• Yes

Votes: 48 64.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Jack Watts

Votes: 26 34.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Plenty of positives, including the heart shown to get back off the canvas after throwing away another lead.

McGovern - we really do have a gem there and he is so crucial to what we do.
Partington / Duggan - will hopefully be better for the experience
MacKenzie - tough night but that effort near the point post was brave and saved us the game
Darling - continued to be back to something like the player we thought he was
Petrie / Vardy - did enough that hopefully risking NN to stay alive for one more week is now off the table and seen as unnecessary

Negatives

Looking further ahead than I should after this game, but thought Petrie, Priddis and Mitchell were three of our best. Yes Priddis has declined and it's time for all three of them, but how does that result go without those three and where does that input get replaced next year.
Yeo - tough call but not one of his better nights at times
Gaff - just for the heart attack he almost gave me towards the end. Pretty disappointing effort that turned out well because of a bit of luck.

Be interesting to see if LeCras and Mackenzie hold their place. Do we get another week of Rioli questions? Does Schofield come in for Eric, who could have had 8 kicked on him if Dixon had kicked decent.

Will watch again but early thoughts (positives having been covered already, need to play devil's advocate but still so damm excited.)

- Ball movement useless. Nobody out of Barrass, Mackenzie, Priddis, Hutchings or Vardy (in general) are really good kickers, the play often stops dead in their hands and they're poor when the switch is on.

- Midfield defence, we won the clearances but they seemed to have so much more spread and their clearances seemed of better quality because of the space allowed them

- Partington and Lecras were s**t, hindsight says Wellingham should have taken Parto's spot in the team. Jetta for a lot of the game was poorly used/not in the right spots, it's hard to tell at times. In all 3 of their favours is the little moments where they were close to the ball they seemed to be trying hard. Lecras' leading late in the game to relieve pressure was huge after Gaff had covered 15km+ and nobody else was moving. He also had an awesome bit of play near Shuey who then stuffed it up. Prtington seemed more willing to tackle, just looks a little slow to make his mind up at times. Jetta of course redeemed himself massively in ET

- Sheed is struggling with Priddis being back in his fulltime mid position. Priddis clearance work was great but his opponent was continually used as the release man through the zone .... and I mean continuously. He also has ZERO ability to have any variety in his kicks despite all the time in the world and is a large reason our forward line struggled.

- Duggan was fairly ordinary, Redden as well had some stupid kicks. These two stood out for me clanger wise but also Barrass and MAckenzie, it was pathetic how often we had "clearing kicks" without pressure being applied that missed a target and went straight into Port's hands. It wasn't AFL standard and GWS would kill us for similar mistakes

- People say Gaff ruined it late but I saw the opposite, the bloke was huge winning that contest on the D50 and keeping his feet, he had a rushed handball out that went to opposition hands but that's more an indictment on those backing him up at the time. His play where he tried to soccer it through was baffling, just pick it up, ride the tackle if you have to

- Umpiring was the worst I have seen this year. Every decision went their way, the rule for prior didn't apply for us, they chopped Partington/Cripps across the shoulder at least 4 times for nothing against. They absolutely gave the ball to Port and I'm so glad we won despite them.

Shuey though .... so dam good.

Quick off the blocks, great tackling pressure ans intensity, Darling and Kennedy up and about, Priddis, Gaff and Mitchell through traffic, Petrie providing that tall ruck forward link, Jetta providing some speed into our forward line, Gov a rock up back, McKenzie's composure late, Shuey of course.

LeCras, Sheed, Redden a bit of a liability. We went missing in the 2nd and 3rd quarters and were lucky not to get blown away. Pressure and contested possessions dropped off considerably. Don't wanna be a downer but Port gave us way more chances. We need to play all four quarters to beat GWS next week. I hope we go into it REALLY wanting to win. Win or lose I want to see a monumental effort. Don't want to win simply because the other team gifted us a win.

The biggest positive for me was Sammys leadership when we needed it, exciting times ahead as he develops into a coach. Also the Freo board :thumbsu:
Negatives, I got 2 hours sleep and my face hurts from grinning.

Look this is how i felt like watching the game

It relates to sex

A girl gave me a handjob (first quarter). I splooged (nice feeling)
A girl kept going (second, third, fourth + extra time) (horrible feeling)
Girl stops + I splooge. (last mins) (nice feeling)

So as you can see being toured for 3 quarters does not outweigh the end result.
I feel hurt and frustrated but happy for the result but not happy I had to get tortured
underated post....:D:thumbsu:
LMAO!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haha i actually thought the Port board was coping with the result better than the Freo board.
Have the same thought

It's amazing, a few in particular are not coping

Good :D

WTF GAMES WHERE YOU GUYS WATCHING??

-We lost 3 quarters of footy. We didn't attack at all. Fluke win. We kept bombing long for 3 quarters.

-In 3 quaters of footy we probs kicked less then 3 goals.

-ONE POINT IN THE THIRD QUARTER!!!

+Defence won us game.

HEADS MUST ROLL.

-GWS will cream us.
-Ball use was WORST i've seen all year. We couldn't KEEP IT IN fwd half. We couldn't transition from d50 to f50.

We won due to our first quarter leads + defence, thats it.
I saw a ******* gutsy win against the odds in front of 41 000 rabid home team supporters, some very dodgy umpiring and a Port team that were desperate in their efforts to beat us. Sure we were out scored in 3 quarters... by 9 points in the 2nd, 8 pts in the 3rd and 3 points in the 4th. Hardly a thrashing and when the game was on the line and everyone expected us to get over run in extra time we out scored them. There's plenty to work on but that was a great win. Don't know what you were watching.

Petrie and Vardy were enormous. The heart they showed for our club , amazing ! Mitch is a gun , but appears most overlook his s**t disposal at times, If it was Pridda he would be crucified. Pridda was brilliant, but yes, his man can run off him too easily. To say sheed would be better once Priddis goes is just garbage. He will never be half as good as what Priddis has been. I don't think most realise how much we will miss him. Shuey , one of the best mids in the comp, probably the best kick off either foot in the AFL. Duggan, yes he is hard and never ducks the contest. But so slow, never more than an average footballer. How the * did we win that game ? Again our defence was superb .

Amazing finish, stoked to win but....

Port basically dominated the play for long patches of game and let themselves down in front of goal.

Josh Kennedy was basically unsighted, again in a final, until ET. All I can think is that Simpson needs to have him sticking goal side more, because there were times we broke forward and the likes of Cripps were the main target up there. The structure went out the window and JK was MIA.

Andrew Gaff is not the guy you want on your side when the chips are down. Utterly tradeable and could still have value at the trade table. See who else pops up in a few weeks time.

Partington, Duggan and Sheed all let us down at times and I don't know if the midfield is good enough to carry all 3 of them at the same time.

LeCras tried hard but was a liability. He's done. Time to move on (I think it's more likely they keep him though).

Eric MacKenzie, heroic effort aside, got an old school Pantsing from Charlie Dixon who should have sealed the game for Port in the 3rd quarter. Will be interesting if he plays next week with Cameron out and GWS unlikely to roll with 2 bigs up forward again in Patton and Lobb - it didn't work well for them.

Pretty happy with everything else, hope the stunning finish doesn't gloss over what was a bit of a wobbly performance for good chunks of the match.

In defense of E-Mac - I thought he did a decent job on Dixon tbh. Yes Dixon scored 3.6 but Dixon is always gonna win the contested possession contest, he's simply a monster and can out muscle E-Mac with ease.

Maybe a job for Barrass down the track when he can get the consistency and discipline right.

Back