Review Post Mortem vs Bombers

Remove this Banner Ad

A quick look at the post history of someone who joined after we demolished the Tigers in round 2.... not a positive word said about the Pies.

Even though there is some truth to what you say about us getting the rub of the green (albeit not to the extent you’re suggesting), my guess is this is a troll account.

No just see both sides. I see no reason why supporters don't admit when things go there way.

Shpeshal Ed they went over at least ten frees from yesterday's game on SEN this morning and we got the benefit of 90% of them. We got a great run with only the Guelfi goal being un called for according to the ex umpire on SEN this morning.
Of those 10 frees, how many resulted in goals to us?

What about those missed?

Did they mention McDonald-Tippenwutti's throw?

Oh please. What you are talking about is high level match fixing/tampering that is being carried out by over 40 people. Considering a few of the umpires are lawyers outside of AFL, I think it's slightly farfetched.
Not to encourage the conspiracy theory Gabe, but they have done it in the NBA, and potentially in the cricket. I used to screech bloody murder when I was told years ago that our beloved competition wasn't squeaky clean, but to be honest, I don't know the truth anymore. The Muppets that run the AFL, all they want is money.

I can absolutely not wait for this ****ing post-mortem (outside of this thread) to be over. I know football divides people, but this is almost as fierce as I’ve seen it in a long long time.

The amount of times I’ve wanted to comment on Facebook to some ridiculous opinion is just ludicrous, and thought for the sake of my mental health I’m better off not getting into 17,000 debates lol.

It’s actually insane, and I stand by the fact that they’re only up in arms because they fought gallantly and still lost. Would hardly be an issue if we smashed them.

Of those 10 frees, how many resulted in goals to us?

Did they mention McDonald-Tippenwutti's throw?

Mentioned Hooker out marking Cox the one where Stringer got ridden into the ground and the Moore missing the ball when he got tackled. Also Tippas high frees not paid and there was a free against Essendon for for holding the ball when he got ridden into the ground that should have gone to Essendon but we got for a throw. Also adamant Stringer should have got a 50 meter penalty.

The commentators on TV were no better. Darcy Moore gets the ball, immediately tries to kick, gets knocked off the ball drop and they’re all screeching that it’s holding the ball.

There was no prior opportunity, and he immediately sought to dispose of it, so it simply can’t be holding the ball. It’s either incorrect disposal or play on. How many people would have to be called for getting dragged off their kick? Hundreds?

But dropping the ball is holding the ball.

By rule, its holding the ball due to incorrect disposal. You said it yourself ball drop. Unless you dig deeper into the rules where it gets very grey.

I was having this discussion with my old man before the game (funny that). About how there is a general confusion around holding the ball with people getting the many variants of the rule confused. Regardless of if you had prior opportunity or not. You did not dispose of the ball correctly by dropping it, throwing it, falling out whatever.

But to that point, the rules have too many ways of when umpires shall allow play to continue regarding certain potential holding the ball calls. Its open to personal opinion of the rules too much.

Being at the ground, i can feel the frustration towards the officials. And i'll be honest i booed them off the ground, but then I left. I didn't stay for what happened afterwards because I had a plane to catch. But it seems a little blown out of proportion by the media as usual.

There was a lot of general anger. So much so that by god if it was the queen that made a speech after the game instead of the medal presentation we would of booed her probably. People needed to vent. They pay the money to attend the game, they should be allowed to do what they want, including boo providing it doesn't breach laws that we abide by in day to day life. (discrimination, violence etc).

This notion of people were booing pendles needs to stop, it was far from the case. Nothing more then a headline for the blood sucking media.

We vented, Collingwood still won, we all went home and will be back again next year to do it all over again, and hopefully have another classic.

I am happy we managed to be competitive on the day. I was worried before the game we wouldn't be and you would kill us. Boy was I more worried at QT.

Same time next year :thumbsu:

one of those games you win but don't feel like you've won.
I definitely feel like we've won that -- a) scoreboard, b) we were clearly the better side for most of the day, but our finishing kept them in it.
That said, I actually thought they might get over us in the last quarter and was preparing myself for GF-type emotions.
I might regret saying this, but I think we've got a lot of improvement in us -- finishing, midfield and some other less clear issues. Our game was 100% for a quarter-and-a-half, then 80% for the rest. If we could have got to even 85% in the second half we would have won by five or six goals. But what it all says to me is that we are travelling pretty well and have a fair bit to look forward to.

You just don't get it.
I am far from PC and no averse to booing but... on ANZAC day; during the award ceremony? Surely not.
Don't make into a PC issue, nothing to do with political correctness.
It is an ANZAC day and booing during the speech is disrespectful to what the day is about. And that is not a game of footy, I hope at least you can understand that.
Whoever is booing are just flogs with no respect for the occasion and think that venting about a few bad umps decisions is more important.

The PC Crowd give me the Shits

He was deplorable, well more deplorable than usual, after the game almost wanting to incite something regarding the umpires.

He is just a Total Flog and I have no idea why people call him a Expert?

Does he ever get anything Right?

Funny most Essendon fans will blame umps but want acknowledge their terrible first quarter,
Shiel butchering the ball all day
Shit umps c
Mentioned Hooker out marking Cox the one where Stringer got ridden into the ground and the Moore missing the ball when he got tackled. Also Tippas high frees not paid and there was a free against Essendon for for holding the ball when he got ridden into the ground that should have gone to Essendon but we got for a throw. Also adamant Stringer should have got a 50 meter penalty.
hooker took his eyes off the ball, once you do that your gone.
Tippas were not free kicks deliberately lowering the legs and raising the arms to initiate contact to go high is play on.
Moore missing the ball is not a free kick he has tried to dispose it, this happens ample amount of times a game.
Pies got the better run overall Essendon got the run where it hurts directly in front

Funny most Essendon fans will blame umps but want acknowledge their terrible first quarter,
Shiel butchering the ball all day
Shit umps c

hooker took his eyes off the ball, once you do that your gone.
Tippas were not free kicks deliberately lowering the legs and raising the arms to initiate contact to go high is play on.
Moore missing the ball is not a free kick he has tried to dispose it, this happens ample amount of times a game.
Pies got the better run overall Essendon got the run where it hurts directly in front

Guess the ex AFL umpire with 300 games knows the rules less than you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shpeshal Ed they went over at least ten frees from yesterday's game on SEN this morning and we got the benefit of 90% of them. We got a great run with only the Guelfi goal being un called for according to the ex umpire on SEN this morning.
Well then the panel is being blatantly biased.

How many goals did we kick from Free Kicks?

Essendon's goals in the last Q were from a dubious handball from Tippa and a blatantly wrong free kick against Langdon. Mark Baguely quite clearly had a hand full of his jumper.

The free kicks that apparently went our way didn't result in goals.

Hawthorn are probably the most protected club in terms of umpiring, they get one bad game and they're up in arms

They sure are.

There was a Reason why the Hashtag FREEKICKHAWTHORN was made

How was that lunch served in the Essendon gathering?

Not too good by the sounds.

By rule, its holding the ball due to incorrect disposal. You said it yourself ball drop. Unless you dig deeper into the rules where it gets very grey.

I was having this discussion with my old man before the game (funny that). About how there is a general confusion around holding the ball with people getting the many variants of the rule confused. Regardless of if you had prior opportunity or not. You did not dispose of the ball correctly by dropping it, throwing it, falling out whatever.
You are correct, he needs to dispose of the ball correctly and he did not, but as he did not have prior opportunity it was not holding the ball, it was incorrect disposal.

Players instantaneously getting pulled off their kicks never gets paid, because the ball always spills free, so they let play continue.

Well then the panel is being blatantly biased.

How many goals did we kick from Free Kicks?

Essendon's goals in the last Q were from a dubious handball from Tippa and a blatantly wrong free kick against Langdon. Mark Baguely quite clearly had a hand full of his jumper.

The free kicks that apparently went our way didn't result in goals.

The free to Baguley was the one the umpire said was against Langdon as he made the initial contact.

But to that point, the rules have too many ways of when umpires shall allow play to continue regarding certain potential holding the ball calls. Its open to personal opinion of the rules too much.

Being at the ground, i can feel the frustration towards the officials. And i'll be honest i booed them off the ground, but then I left. I didn't stay for what happened afterwards because I had a plane to catch. But it seems a little blown out of proportion by the media as usual.

There was a lot of general anger. So much so that by god if it was the queen that made a speech after the game instead of the medal presentation we would of booed her probably. People needed to vent. They pay the money to attend the game, they should be allowed to do what they want, including boo providing it doesn't breach laws that we abide by in day to day life. (discrimination, violence etc).

This notion of people were booing pendles needs to stop, it was far from the case. Nothing more then a headline for the blood sucking media.

We vented, Collingwood still won, we all went home and will be back again next year to do it all over again, and hopefully have another classic.

I am happy we managed to be competitive on the day. I was worried before the game we wouldn't be and you would kill us. Boy was I more worried at QT.

Same time next year :thumbsu:
Just an FYI, that rule doesn't exist. From the AFL laws:

A Player, whilst in the act of Correctly Disposing of the football, is swung off-balance and does not make contact with the football by either foot or hand, unless the Player has had a prior opportunity to Correctly Dispose of the football, in which case Law 15.2.3 (a) shall apply; .......... In the latter three cases, a player with prior opportunity who was caught in such a manner would concede a free kick. Otherwise, no free kick would be paid for any of these scenarios.

Darcy didn't have prior and was in the action of disposing of the ball correctly and was knocked off balance, therefore it's not dropping the ball and not a free kick. This is directly from the rules of the game.

So they discussed the ATM throw did they?

Just an FYI, that rule doesn't exist. From the AFL laws:

A Player, whilst in the act of Correctly Disposing of the football, is swung off-balance and does not make contact with the football by either foot or hand, unless the Player has had a prior opportunity to Correctly Dispose of the football, in which case Law 15.2.3 (a) shall apply; .......... In the latter three cases, a player with prior opportunity who was caught in such a manner would concede a free kick. Otherwise, no free kick would be paid for any of these scenarios.

Darcy didn't have prior and was in the action of disposing of the ball correctly and was knocked off balance, therefore it's not dropping the ball and not a free kick. This is directly from the rules of the game.
Nice find, I would say that is the definitive word on that piece of play. I can now upgrade my stance from “that never gets paid” to “that isn’t illegal in the first place”.

G’Day Adam H nice new account you got yourself l

Remove this Banner Ad

Back