post your 2004 side

Remove this Banner Ad

pav_is_god

Premiership Player
Oct 2, 2003
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
I'm bored out of my mind, so I thought I'd post some dribble that has probably been done to death - my starting 22 - but with a twist, for 2004. :D

F: Medhurst, J. Longmuir, Farmer
HF: Dunn, Polak, T. Longmuir
C: Headland, Haselby, Carr
HB: Woods, McPharlin, Grover
B: Hayden, Hadrill, Parker
R:Sandilands, Pavlich, Bell

Bench: Cook, Schammer, Simmonds, Waterhouse/McManus

Forwards
--------------
The forwards more or less pick themselves, but with Croad and Koops gone there a 2 spots open on the half forward line. I've opted for Polak moving from CHB to CHF for obvious reasons, but Dunn on the flank may be a surprise. I've gone for him there because I'm dying to see him play and he has the pace and long kick suited for that type of position (plus there is slightly less accountability for a 1st year player rather than if he was in the middle). If need be Waterhouse or even McManus could be substituted in that position.

Centre
----------
No brainer, with Haselby and Carr having outstanding 2003 seasons and Headland looking more settled.

Backs
---------
With Polak going forward, the obvious choice for CHB is McPharlin, a great talent and was the best thing to come out of the Croad saga. The rest more or less stay the same, with Grover coming in to fill in the void on the half back flank and to break a few jaws.

With only one genuine tall in McPharlin in the backline, some may think we could struggle against the taller forward lines. But Hayden is the only real short player in the backs and with 3 rucking options in the side, there are ample talls to throw down back if need be.

Ruck
-------
IMO Sandilands is now our number 1 ruckmen and is only going to get better. He will have ample support from Simmonds off the bench and also J. Longmuir. The selection of Bell and Pavlich in the centre is pretty straight forward, but with Cook and Schammer coming off the bench, it allows Pavlich to be used further up the ground if required.

Bench
--------
Cook and Schammer would be used through the middle as part of the rotation policy, with the possibility of McManus as well. If Waterhouse is in instead of McManus, he would be the back up half forward. Simmonds is the 2nd choice ruckmen and also another option for up forward.

Please fell free to pick the crap out of the side and make any changes you see fit. The half forward line was the most difficult for me to pick and can anyone suggest other players (e.g. the 3 tall draftees)? Also, would Grover be the right choice to fill in the hole in the backs? Maybe Siegert instead?

:)

F: Wiz...Polly...Snake
HF: GHD...J-Lo...Macca
C: DJ...Chops...Carr
HB: Splinter...Elvis...Jimmy
B: Genius...Sir Robert...Parker

R: 211...Belly...Pav

IC: Tequila...Cookie...T-Lo...Grover

McManus at this stage of his career, will always start on the ground.

Dunn will need to get some WAFL games under his belt playing against men.

I suspect we will see both of Snake and 211 on the ground at the same time, with Snake as a long kicking, flanking forward.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back