Post your Speedtest.net results

Remove this Banner Ad

ADSL2+

5626454472.png

Not sure of NBN. Was meant to be March 2017 but cant see that happening.
Today after a tweak and reset
6240283430.png

So I get a pretty good speed.

6892907489.png

But I noticed today that my plan has changed from 100 Mbps to "Between 25-100 Mbps".

Can anyone explain to me how legally they can change the terms of my contract without even telling me?

That ping though :p.

So I get a pretty good speed.

6892907489.png

But I noticed today that my plan has changed from 100 Mbps to "Between 25-100 Mbps".

Can anyone explain to me how legally they can change the terms of my contract without even telling me?

That ping though :p.
It seems to be a reaction to something at the ACCC where ''speeds promised may not be actual speeds'' so now they cant sell you 100 but they can sell you between 25-100

It seems to be a reaction to something at the ACCC where ''speeds promised may not be actual speeds'' so now they cant sell you 100 but they can sell you between 25-100

I get this - i'm just curious how they can change that without telling me. I signed a contract for 100 Mbps, now they have changed the terms.

I mean, I haven't brushed up on my contract law in a while but this seems pretty dodgy to me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I get this - i'm just curious how they can change that without telling me. I signed a contract for 100 Mbps, now they have changed the terms.

I mean, I haven't brushed up on my contract law in a while but this seems pretty dodgy to me.
It more likely is. Its one of those '' ahh the customers are shmoes , lets pay out the smart ones'' ie I have heard of ISPs giving vouchers for a free month for those that complain. This is just Telstra in this link

Link

Telstra has agreed to offer remedies to around 42,000 customers for promoting and offering some of its National Broadband Network (NBN) speed plans as being capable of delivering specified maximum speeds, when those maximum speeds could not be achieved in real-world conditions.

The undertaking requires Telstra to contact current and former customers who could not receive the maximum speed stated in their speed plan. Telstra will inform those customers of the maximum speed they are able to receive and offer customers who have not already been remediated options which include:

• a costless exit from their contract (including any bundle) and a refund
  • moving to a different speed plan and receiving a refund
  • remaining on their current speed plan and not receiving a refund.
Customers who Telstra has already remediated will be offered the option to move plans or exit their plan but will not be entitled to a refund.

It more likely is. Its one of those '' ahh the customers are shmoes , lets pay out the smart ones'' ie I have heard of ISPs giving vouchers for a free month for those that complain. This is just Telstra in this link

Link

Telstra has agreed to offer remedies to around 42,000 customers for promoting and offering some of its National Broadband Network (NBN) speed plans as being capable of delivering specified maximum speeds, when those maximum speeds could not be achieved in real-world conditions.

The undertaking requires Telstra to contact current and former customers who could not receive the maximum speed stated in their speed plan. Telstra will inform those customers of the maximum speed they are able to receive and offer customers who have not already been remediated options which include:

• a costless exit from their contract (including any bundle) and a refund
    • moving to a different speed plan and receiving a refund
    • remaining on their current speed plan and not receiving a refund.
Customers who Telstra has already remediated will be offered the option to move plans or exit their plan but will not be entitled to a refund.

I emailed them a complaint a few hours ago so we will see what their response is.

What concerns me is there are still 45% as slow or slower

Just Shows how bad the NBN is. Going back to Dial-Up Speeds.

So it took to last night around to get back this around 9:30

6997781402.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back