Opinion Posts That Don't Deserve a Thread (Random Opinion or Questions)

Gotta love a hotel when you open the fridge and theres a complementary box of tim tams

I used to stay at the Grand Chancellor both in Melbourne and Adelaide and always had a complimentary bucket with 2-3 beers on ice arrive around 5pm on check in days.

Benefits of being a regular guest.

Good times.

Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance
Oct 9, 2001
2, 4, 6, 8
AFL Club
Sydney
Received this in the mail today from the club. Nice surprise I must say

not sure of the right thread, but in case any of you guys are into signed merch. subiaco fc are fundraising and have a signed swans 2019 jumper up for auction.

be pissed if you paid full price

Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance
AFL Tables have updated their score-by-score logging to the beginning of the century. First game I went to:

View attachment 746197
29 mins 58 seconds. Feel like we should name something using that but can’t be arsed to be that clever.

Michelle Cooling is in marketing for SydneySwans

the above instagram account _mmcmedia/ for
After going through my camera roll this week I’ve got so many pics that need a permanent online home.. so I’ve started a professional insta!

Michelle Cooling is in marketing for SydneySwans

the above instagram account _mmcmedia/ for
After going through my camera roll this week I’ve got so many pics that need a permanent online home.. so I’ve started a professional insta!

our social media is excellent these days

DavyRed

Club Legend
Nov 5, 2009
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Surely this isn’t Sam Newman attacking a teenage girl? Suuuuuuurely not :rolleyes:

View attachment 752837
I’m certainly not going to support the language used and am not commenting on the specific topic, but if anyone wants to stand up in front of the world and lecture us on how we should live our lives they should expect to be challenged on what they say - regardless of their age or gender.

I’m certainly not going to support the language used and am not commenting on the specific topic, but if anyone wants to stand up in front of the world and lecture us on how we should live our lives they should expect to be challenged on what they say - regardless of their age or gender.

Challenge, fine. Attack, too far.

Especially when Newman himself took SUCH offence towards another case where a teenage girl was "attacked".

DavyRed

Club Legend
Nov 5, 2009
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Challenge, fine. Attack, too far.

Especially when Newman himself took SUCH offence towards another case where a teenage girl was "attacked".
Yep, but to be clear, I don’t endorse the language because I don’t think that it is appropriate in a mature productive debate, not because she’s a teenage girl. She’s decided to operate in the adult world, so she should accept being treated as an adult.

Last edited:
Yep, but to be clear, I don’t endorse the language because I don’t think that it is appropriate in a mature productive debate, not because she’s a teenage girl. She’s decided to operate in the adult world, so she should accept being treated as an adult.
Like people who chose to become professional athletes who are highly paid purely because of the amount of public interest they generate, who then complain about wanting more privacy

Back