Posts that were suspiciously accurate in predicting AFL events

Remove this Banner Ad

how the hell do u have a 24 leg multi? theres 9 games a weekend and most agencies only have odds up 1 week in advance
Most have the next 3 rounds, I think William Hill actually has the whole season up, they did before at least.

Lurker alert. See if this works.

Shane Warne gets to 700

1. Shane Warne is currently on 573 wickets ( as of 20/3) and with 1.5 innings left in this match and 1 more NZ test , he will be well set to get to 600 in England.

Will he go for 700 , assuming 60 wickets a year makes it 2006/7 xmas series..possibly boxing day 2006?

1. Must be crazy right?

1. Not even the craziest storyteller could have scripted a more fitting end to Shane Warne's Test career than what occurred during the 2006 Boxing Day Test.

1. Only reason I remember is I posted in it. Blew my mind

I think that former test cricketer Rodney Hogg gets the Nostradamus Award on Warne - he was sacked from his job at a Melbourne newspaper for predicting that Warne would take 600 test wickets (which was at that point unprecedented). This was, I think, before Warne had played a first class game.

My post in January 2014 on who will miss the finals.

I think a lot of people on here are under-estimating Port Adelaide, they play a good brand of footy, and have some decent kids who have cemented themselves in the side and are only going to get better. Wines is a goer, Boak if he played for a Victorian team, would be getting raved about. Wingard is a tough footballer, and they have an excellent coach.

My picks are Carlton, too much like a patchwork quilt, still relying on some old players, former stars in Judd (31), Carazzo (30), Waite (31), Simpson (30) who are prone to injury, they have lost Betts, who had a down year in 2013, but has been a proven avenue for goals for them for years. A mid tier group of high draft picks who haven't really delivered, and if they are going to it has to be this year. Murphy is good, Gibbs need to further develop, not sure why they went for a 28 year old in Dale Thomas, he has had a whole year out of the game. They have started to assemble some good kids, but there is still a lot of wood on that list. My verdict: This year they will fall down heavily, have a decent clean out at the end of the year and start rebuilding.

My other pick is Richmond, I think they play a great brand of home and away footy, but they need to develop a tougher game for finals footy, they need to be able to play contested footy. They also come across as a bit mentally weak, when things get tough, might be because they are a young team, and don't have older players who have played finals to mentor them. They will drop off a bit this year, miss the finals, but learn some valuable lessons and come back stronger in 2015.

Anyway just my humble opinion.

Did you like the arrogant implication that my opinion is revered? Kingy's all over it mate.

You need to start using more statistics that you've taken straight from Glen Luff and Champion Data but acting as if it is you that has done the research yourself.

when the umpires were announced some posters on the adl board predicted exactly what would happen in fridays nights game.
What? That hawthorn would magnificently manage to come from behind and win a close game? That lots of people would moan about a call that was obviously correct on the night, and was subsequently confirmed as correct by the umpires department. That Adelaide fans would be shown as sore losers? (Btw, Eddie betts was happy with the umpiring the week before when he pushed the swans player in the back before kicking a crucial late goal, but let's not mention that)
Great effort Adelaide posters, well done!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In 2016 I predicted the previous 10 premiership winners, Norm Smith and Brownlow Medalists and each clubs best and fairest winners for that time frame.

My Gavin Urquhart is and will always be better than Scott Pendlebury call made circa 2008 has stood the test of time.

Someone on the Noeth board recently bumped the thread from when drafted Goldstein and there's some amazing calls there about why we needed some spindly ex basketball type when we already had the comps best ruck combo in Hamish McIntosh and David Hale with the super exciting Brad Moran poised to take over

Thankfully I didn't humiliate myself there as I did with Super Gav and Pendles.

Hilariously a key piece of evidence in the Gav thing was his run down and tackle on one Farren Ray

Using "suspiciously" in the title makes it sound like the people predicting these things somehow made it happen.

The "Let's Get North Welcomes Refugees On The Banner" thread before last year's Elim Final fits this category.

And Essendon supporter fishardansin holds the title surely for his "There is some big deal with drugs going down at the club" thread on the rumour board well in advance of The Blackest Day In Sport.

This post was written after the 2014 AFL Season Launch video which featured a future Hodge's son and great grand daughter.

I got a bit teary-eyed there, almost as much as Brian Lake's daughter. I bet she doesn't barrack for the Dogs any more...

A few anomalies:
- Grandpa tells his granddaughter to talk the old way, then proceeds to communicate the events psychically, via palms.
- Grandpa doesn't give her the 2014, 2015 and 2016 medals...
- Hodge is not the best at voice-overs. :D

My Gavin Urquhart is and will always be better than Scott Pendlebury call made circa 2008 has stood the test of time.

Someone on the Noeth board recently bumped the thread from when drafted Goldstein and there's some amazing calls there about why we needed some spindly ex basketball type when we already had the comps best ruck combo in Hamish McIntosh and David Hale with the super exciting Brad Moran poised to take over

Hilariously a key piece of evidence in the Gav thing was his run down and tackle on one Farren Ray

Not going to go back and necro old threads, but I also recall many North supporters on BF from a few years back convinced that Sam Mitchell was just a poor man's Daniel Harris.

He gave Cyril a bath at the G in 08 too. He was exactly what needed after the Jesse W injury.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back