Posts that were suspiciously accurate in predicting AFL events

Remove this Banner Ad

i think it is fake, the text doesn't even match up
The predictions have since mysteriously disappeared.
fe8Ju9n.png

OK Computer spot on here

I can't believe how overrated North are. Dogs played so piss-poor on friday night that ******* Melbourne could've beaten them. And to only win by 20 points against a side that played as bad as I've ever seen? They've done absolutely nothing to deserve this besides beating the Crows. Premiership teams don't have an average winning margin of 20 points against the likes of Freo, Brisbane, Suns and Melbourne. Yes, they will go 9-0 thanks to the easiest draw in the league, but then they have Syd-Rich-Cats-Hawks-Adel-WC in consecutive weeks after that. Won't even be in the top 4 come the bye. They will also end their season with Dogs-Hawks-Syd-Giants. I'd say they will just barely make the top 8.

This in the leadup to the 2007 AFL grand final, got the margin a little low though.

Geelong will win by 16 goals,an in form Collingwood were their only danger, Port Adelaide will do a 'North'. Cats fan can start celebrating today because this is not going to be a St Kilda repeat.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My mid season predictions in 2013, 2014 and 2015

Boldly said that Fremantle would not win the flag in 2013
Boldly said that Sydney had no hope of winning the grand final in 2014 (mid season too mind you)
Boldly said that Fremantle would not win the flag in 2015 despite being on top of the ladder WAY before their bad patch of form began :D
This isn't actually impressive at all when you think about it.

Every one of your statements was more likely to happen than it wouldn't. You literally boldy stated things that were a greater than a 50% chance of happening. No team is ever an odds-on chance to win the flag halfway through the year by any bookie. I don't have the numbers but I don't believe that Freo were paying less than $2 at any stage of the season last year.

Even now no team is paying less than about $3.50 for the flag so no team is a greater than 30% of winning the flag this year. Claiming any individual club as a result will not win the flag isn't that impressive as a result as I'm only saying something that's at least a 70%

I made my one and only thread once, predicted Qatar would win the right to host the 2022 world cup.
Not only was i laughed at, the thread was deleted.
So you have no proof

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

I made this post last year, suggesting that Adelaide should just let Dangerfield go, and then go on to win the flag:

Think about it. There have been two previous will he/won't he soap operas featuring players of Dangerfield's status:

Geelong 2010 with Gary Ablett. He went.
Geelong 2011 - PREMIERS

Hawthorn 2013 with Lance Franklin. He went.
Hawthorn 2014 - PREMIERS

Adelaide 2015 with Patrick Dangerfield.
???

I was, of course, writing in jest, though the responses it generated were quite amusing.

But now...

It would take some work to dig it up, but while North were 9-0 I wrote that they wouldn't get a home final.
Hardly the oracle on that one, you only had to look at their buttersoft first half of the fixture and their run home to work that one out. They had barely any injuries in the first half as well - with the amount of over 30's they have the injuries were always going to show up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back