Resource Potential Port Adelaide father son players

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm gonna spit everytime I see James suiting up for the corp. 😡

Straight swap? Lachie Jones for James Borlase?

If Borlase is happy to play for supporters who would wipe their arse with his dad's guernsey, well that's up to him.

I didn't think he had a choice. How's it up to him? The silly loophole effectively ties him to them and their supporters.

I don't think anyone forces you to be part of their Academy.

I'm as pissed off as anyone that the AFL just brushed this off as one of those things, but there's really not much point in crying about it all the time either.

Swings and roundabouts, Lachie Jones could be a star.

I could be wrong, maybe you have to join your aligned Academy and maybe you have to nominate to play for that teams. In which case I retract my statement.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Borlase is happy to play for supporters who would wipe their arse with his dad's guernsey, well that's up to him.
Bit harsh on the kid. He’s had a good year but he still a fringe draft prospect. Not exactly in a position to turn down the certainty of being on an AFL list.

Be angry at the AFL but not Borlase.

I'm gonna spit everytime I see James suiting up for the corp. 😡

Straight swap? Lachie Jones for James Borlase?
Hell. O. Lachie Jones is going to be ready to play next year. Borlase will need development. I am sure we can accomodate him after his first 2 years when he wants to come home to Alberton 😜

Bit harsh on the kid. He’s had a good year but he still a fringe draft prospect. Not exactly in a position to turn down the certainty of being on an AFL list.

Be angry at the AFL but not Borlase.

I'm not angry at him, all I said was he's made a decision then that's on him. At the end of the day there's no point going on about spilled milk. I'm still angry with the AFL ;)

And I'm certainly not handing over Lachie Jones who wants to play for Port and could be anything.

I don't blame James Borlase at all for taking advantage of the system offered to him to give himself the very best chance of becoming an AFL player.

If he gains some early development and then jump across to us after a couple years then we're not losing out. Brad Ebert's career was certainly not hindered by starting out with the (albeit far superior) West Coast system.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back