Game Day Practice Game 2024 - Roos v Saints - Moorabin- 2pm ish

Remove this Banner Ad

Based off the fact that our 2nd half was better, I'd say our frankly disgusting 2nd qt was probably the result of being rattled by the Jy hit. Which honestly, is fair enough. There was a lot to like in the other three quarters.

Very worried about the long-term effects of this head knock though. If it was an accident it would suck, but that it was a deliberate act has me stewing. I don't know what the punishment should be, but if you end someone's career with a malicious act, it should be pretty ******* severe.

Based off the fact that our 2nd half was better, I'd say our frankly disgusting 2nd qt was probably the result of being rattled by the Jy hit. Which frankly, is fair enough. There was a lot to like in the other three quarters.

Very worried about the long-term effects of this head knock though. If it was an accident it would suck, but that it was a deliberate act has me stewing. I don't know what the punishment should be, but if you end someone's career with a malicious act, it should be pretty ******* severe.
Well Maynard finished off Brayshaws career and somehow got off. But not being a final and a nobody he will get 4 to 6 weeks

Well Maynard finished off Brayshaws career and somehow got off. But not being a final and a nobody he will get 4 to 6 weeks
That had at least the ambiguity of being a 'football act' (I disagree, but there is a genuine argument to both sides). There is no ambiguity to this one whatsoever, which to me is a massive difference. Oh well, I guess we'll have to see what happens for both parties. Maybe Jy will be okay.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Particularly Impressive:
Fisher, Biggy, Goater, Duursma, Xerri

Good:
Larkey, Colby, Scott, Sheezel, Tucker

Pink and Dawson had some good periods. Everyone else was either passable, not out of first gear (LDU) or below average.

There was only a few players I think played badly.

Paul Curtis had a stinker.
Stephenson had some poor efforts.

Stephens is a serious worry for me. I think he’s in danger of developing a reputation for being soft at the contest. We have better players who can play on the wing I think - Scott, Fisher, Tucker, Colby. He won’t play round 1.

That had at least the ambiguity of being a 'football act' (I disagree, but there is a genuine argument to both sides). There is no ambiguity to this one whatsoever, which to me is a massive difference. Oh well, I guess we'll have to see what happens for both parties. Maybe Jy will be okay.
He will definitely get suspended but going by the rules so should have Maynard. But regardless Jy needs to really start being aware more he has to think he will be hit at all times and be on the defensive. Otherwise we may not see him much longer.

The strong wind makes it really hard to properly assess the game as it had a huge effect on the kicks and marks, but I thought we were poor with the wind in the first quarter, poor against the wind in the second quarter, but we were excellent in the second and the better team for a majority of the half.

We competed hard and had some moments where our younger players showed off their skills which is really exciting for the future.

Our defense held up reasonably well considering the lack of experience, but we really need to Corr and in particular Logue to return, we really need that voice down back who can read the play and direct our defenders.

All of our players had their moments during the game, but Duursma, Fisher, Stephens and Goater were the standouts for me. Duursma looks like he is going to be a real star in future years.
On TV the wind didnt look anywhere near as strong in the first quarter. In fact when they said it was a 5 goal breeze i nearly fell over. Judging by the kicks and trees in the background it looked no more than 2. Second quarter onward it was 5.

How was Scott in this one? I didn't notice him very much, but I was marking papers so I might've missed him.

He didn’t play bad but handballed to teammates under pressure far too often.
He also did a lot of things that helped his team mates that don't count as possessions.

On TV the wind didnt look anywhere near as strong in the first quarter. In fact when they said it was a 5 goal breeze i nearly fell over. Judging by the kicks and trees in the background it looked now more than 2. Second quarter onward it was 5.
True, but we were still pretty poor in that first quarter and didn't use the wind to our advantage.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back